Start by marking “The Secrets of the Power of Intention” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of the Power of Intention

The Secrets of the Power of Intention

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  171 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Intention is generally viewed as a pit-bull kind of determination propelling one to succeed at all costs by never giving up on an inner picture. In this view, an attitude that combines hard work with an indefatigable drive toward excellence is the way to succeed. However, intention is viewed very differently in this book. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has researched intention as a for ...more
Audio CD, 6 pages
Published March 1st 2004 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of the Power of Intention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of the Power of Intention

Cathy
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
There were useful nuggets in here but I had to listen to 6.5 hours of how great he thought he was. Hadn't read a Dyer book in over 30 years and now I remember why.
Matt McCullough
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book, listened via CD. Interesting concepts about mindset, easy to put into practice...
Salma Al Masrouri
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book. <3
Aubrey Eicher
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want this on constant repeat. What a phenomenal way to live life.
Derek Williams
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Live lectures
Bob German
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I found this book useful, in a weird way. Using different terminology, he described in a lot of ways my general approach to life. That's the thing with a lot of these books. I think a lot of them are similarly useful, and helpful, it's just a matter of which one has the right terminology to make the connection in your mind and set it working.

I was surprised at a couple of things. First, he quoted William Blake. Second, he stated out right that organized religion weakens people. Points for that.

B
Barbara Ab
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Too much God focused as for my beliefs. I found myself thinking “when is it going to finish this pain in the neck?” It is a boring history repeating for people who have already read a lot about positive thinking and similar stuff. One thing I have understood: in order to be happy you have to be selfish and pretend that you have the right to do that because it won’t change the world if you matter about injustices and social discrepancies. The author claims that he produces wealth when he writes a ...more
Kimball
2.5 stars. This one just wasn't my favorite Wayne Dyer book. This one seemed like a repeat of his other books and didn't offer me anything really new or insightful. But something that I found ironic during this reading was the teaching about the need for letting go of being right. I think that's a good principle. He said if you practice this it will help you save your marriage. Then I discovered he's been through 3 divorces. Hmmm. Did he not practice what he preached? For a guy as spiritual, hap ...more
Sharon
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some really helpful information in this book. I read it slowly so I had something to sit with all day. I find myself returning to selected passages to reread them, and they continue to ring true for me.
James Akins Jr
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wayne had many wonderful thoughts and ideas that transfer into life.
Kathryn  Pollard
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
The beginning of the book was very helpful in me realizing my faults in the way I view the world. After the middle of the book it seemed like the author was just rambling on.
Ken Collard
Aug 05, 2018
Evin Hunt
May 29, 2014
Ashley
rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ask and It Is Given: The Processes
  • The Power to Shape Your Destiny: Seven Strategies for Massive Results
  • Self-Esteem: Your Fundamental Power
  • Maximize Your Potential Through the Power of your Subconscious Mind to Create Wealth and Success: Book 2
  • We are human angels
  • "I'm Not Good Enough"...and Other Lies Women Tell Themselves
  • The Gift: Understand and Develop Your Psychic Abilities
  • A Practical Guide to Vibrational Medicine: Energy Healing and Spiritual Transformation
  • Great Work Great Career
  • The Physics of Miracles: Tapping in to the Field of Consciousness Potential
  • Flight Plan: The Real Secret of Success
  • The Dream Book: Symbols for Self Understanding
  • Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing: 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness
  • Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: 4 Simple Steps to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You Want
  • Minimus Pupil's Book: Starting Out in Latin
  • Bringers Of The Light: How You Can Change Your Life and Change the World
  • Barely A Bride (Free Fellows League, #1)
  • The Secret Code of Success: 7 Hidden Steps to More Wealth and Happiness
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer

$19.99 $2.99
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Taste of Air
    $9.99 $3.49
  • The Lord God Made Them All (All Creatures Great and Small, #4)
    $17.99 $1.99