Start by marking “ The Tantric Principle” as Want to Read:
 The Tantric Principle

The Tantric Principle

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  699 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Arianna Devlin is a high powered advertising executive with ambition and too much stress. Desperate for balance, she enrolls in a yoga school to teach her certain lessons. Breathe. Stay calm. Be in the moment. And ignore her sexy yoga teacher who is becoming a major distraction…
Grant Madison runs a yoga school and lives by one code: don’t get involved with the students. B
ebook
Published April 1st 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Tantric Principle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tantric Principle

Baba
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Baba by: Jill
"You are what your deep, driving, desire is. As your deep, driving desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."
- by The Upanishads -
The Upanishads are philosophical texts considered to be an early source of Hindu religion.

3.5 stars.

Grant Madison is a yoga teacher. He is very controlled and avoids emotional outbursts. But my oh my, he does have a temper - if the need arises! He practices tantric sex. Arianna Devlin is quite the opposite. She
MBR
The Tantric Principle by Jennifer Probst is a story that had me grabbing for my non-existent oxygen mask right from the start. Grant Madison, the deeply controlled yoga instructor who indulges in tantric sex pairs up with the energetic and highly ambitious Arianna Devlin, his exact opposite in every way which lends this story that explosive quality that I absolutely loved.

26 year old Arianna finds herself burning out as fast as a candle placed in the midst of a stormy sea and that is when she fi
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Hard-working advertising professional, Arianna, has been taking Yoga classes to help deal with her busy, career oriented and stress-filled lifestyle. Hoping to bring balance to her mental state, she finds herself increasingly challenged by the hands-on approach of her sexy, attentive male teacher. Her hungry response to his carved, lean body is a distraction from the very peace she is there to achieve.

Grant Madison is having some personal trials of his own when it comes to Arianna. Despite the
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18 and over; strong sexual content
The Tantric Principle by Jennifer Probst is a contemporary romance about two soul mates finding each other. Grant Madison is a Yoga instructor who owns his own yoga school in New York. From experience, he has learned to not mix business with pleasure. Arianna Devlin, an advertising executive, is one of Grant's students and has had a crush on Grant for months.

On a business trip, Arianna and Grant fall into bed together after fighting their attraction to each other for months. As their secret aff
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
3.5 Stars This was a novella that should have been a novel. The emotions were too clipped as were the H/h interactions. But this is my beef with most novellas. It was still pretty good.
Deviant Divas
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: red-sage-press
Of you enjoy reading about men and women being driven to unimaginable levels of pleasure, until they think they’ll pass out of die from it, and then Jennifer Probst’s The Tantric Principle is the book for you. Arianna is a hard driven advertising executive who has sought out yoga as a way to keep some balance in her life and prevent burnout. Grant Madison is the yoga instructor who drives up her lust even while helping her find a place of peace from her high powered world. When they give into th ...more
Habrewer
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Tantric Principle by Jennifer Probst
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Arianna is an advertising executive that is feeling the effects of the daily stress of her job. She is a smart, successful woman used to being in charge of all aspects of her life and doesn’t like the disconnect she is feeling. She decides to give yoga a chance; little did she realize it would change every aspect of her life.

Grant has built his yoga school from the ground up a
Cleffairy
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 20 April 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=196

The Tantric Principle by Jennifer Probst is really something to wow for. Reading this book makes me blush like a school girl. While this book is an erotica, the plot, the storyline as well as the emotional development are all touching and moving. I like how the characters get to explore each other’s fears as well as their sexual fantasies.

One thing that i learn from The Tantric Principal is that s
Dianne
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Arianna needs to relax and de-stress from her busy high-powered Ad exec job. Grant learned a valuable lesson the last time he got involved with a student. Of course if each one stuck to their principles we wouldn't have a book to read! So one weekend they let temptation have the better of them and go for it. Of course the sex scenes are fabulous, but not overly done. The plot (yes there is actually a plot) is good and will keep your interest.

This was not some wham-bam-thank-you Ma'am type of sho
Roz Lee
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Take one smokin' hot yoga instructor, add one uptight lady exec type, mix in a healthy dose of off the charts sex and you have The Tantric Principle. Ms. Probst has done a fantastic job creating two believable characters. No ubber-rich Prince in hiding, just real people with real people jobs and real people problems. Now, if we real people could have the kind of sex her characters do, the world would be a better place! Thanks Ms. Probst for an entertaining read. It's nice to have characters I ca ...more
Rebecca
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book? Why? Because I really 'got' the characters. Maybe its because, to a certain extent, I lived a very similar life to the heroine. But, having said that, it is also because the writing is fantastic and the author has the rare quality wherein she can write a book that makes you feel like you know the characters, you could be friends with them, and you care about what happens to them. I didn't see the end coming, I foresaw a very different ending, and I was hugely happy with ...more
Kerry  sullivan
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
I really enjoyed this short story, it was about fear, ethics and control and how you can hide behind them. The characters where likeable but at the end I did want to slap Grant but that is the mark of good writing. it was also nice that both of the characters where strong people and knew what they want and not afraid to go and get it. This was a refreshing little story that I would happily recommend to friends.
Wendy
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, erotica
Oooo, what a nice little read to warm a cold winter's night! Loved it!
Amy
Aug 09, 2011 added it
I spent a wonderful evening devouring this story. Smart, funny heroine I could relate to? Check! To-die-for hero? Check! Smoking hot sex? Check, check! Lots to love about The Tantric Principle!
Lisa Fox
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A super hot read with excellent writing. I truly loved Arianna and Grant and what a great ending!
Loverofbooks
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, novella
There was a connection that I felt with the main characters. It was endearing. And a very quick read.
Karla
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is about second chances and choices. STEAMY sweet love story, with 2 relateable characters in a real-life situation. Nicely written enjoyable quick read.
Liz Matis
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Perfect blend of a sexy and very male hero but with a sensitive side!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

As someone who really enjoys yoga, as soon as I saw this book, I knew I had to read it. I’ve read a few romance and erotic romance novels involving yoga and I always enjoy them, I’m glad to have another one to add to my list. The Tantric Principle is about a master yoga instructor and one of his students and yes, you’d be right in assuming that this is a big no-no, but it is fiction so just go with it and enjoy this well written story about two v
Maria Rose
In this erotic novella we are treated to the story of Grant and Arianna. Arianna is an advertising executive who take a Yoga class to relieve stress and find some calm in her life. Her Yoga instructor Grant is a carefully controlled man who is attracted to Arianna despite his strict policy to not get involved with his students. A weekend away on business leads them to an intense affair which becomes so much more.

I loved this story! Despite it's short length, the setting and background to the cha
Dana
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Grant believes in the Tantric Principle- holding off on pleasure in order to reach maximum control. Works great in his business life, in which he owns and operates a successful Yoga studio, but it doesn't work so well in his love life. Enter Arianna, a Yoga student extraordinaire. Not only does she understand his principles, she is a quick and eager learner. When their student/ teacher life becomes a romantic one, Grant continues to practice Tantra, in order to remain control. For Grant has been ...more
Dina
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Wonderfully Written Gem

This story definitely caught my interest right away due to the unique plot and having read other books by Ms. Probst, I knew it would not disappoint. I was VERY happily surprised to find that this wasn't just a sexy little contemporary. It also had really interesting lovable lead characters, a very believable and well thought out plot and most of all, it had plenty of heart. The ending was great as well, but I believe that this story could have been made into a ful
Zoey Derrick
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a Hot and Steamy love story, than look no further. Jennifer does not disappoint with her characters of Grant and Arianna.
Arianna is a strong willed, determined advertising exec. that is about to get her world rocked by her overly sexy, extremely lovable and overwhelmingly sensual Yoga Instructor.

YUMMY!!!
I really enjoyed this book because it is reality. You have so many of these millionaire/billionaire stories that ignite the senses of the unobtainable, this book however
Kristy
This was a fast read and I really enjoyed it. I loved the conflict and how it was all resolved. It was one of those painful breakups where they both love each other, but one is not ready to admit it. Then when they do, it's too late. I love that. I loved that it wasn't just an easy "I love you" "I love you" HEA! Done.

One thing I thought was a bit confusing was that I didn't realize much time has passed. It was hardly touched on at all. It sort of read like they were together for about 2 weeks,
Lorraine
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teaching and Learning

Quite an unlikely pair of lovers. The chemistry between them was extremely strong but their goals and lifestyles make it really difficult to see a future together.
Amanda Sheila
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
I liked it!

It's been a while since I read a book about independent and strong-willed heroine. It's quite refreshing. Sure there were few push and pulls between both characters that made me did a bit of skimming, but I still enjoyed it.

I was expecting more angsty and drama though. But overall I liked it a lot.

Good one! :)
Silvia
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
i really like both of the character..especially ariana..shes straight forward,blunt, know what she wants and both of them ready to make sacrifices for their future..i also love how they communicate each other..but i guess its to short story he he need more of ariana and grant...i guess they perfect for each other
Katherine
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I bought this one from Books on Board.

Really good. Loved the yoga setting. The fact that her career was important and so was his. There was no easy solution, he had baggage. The ending was very sweet. The sex was smoking hot. Minor quibble - could the heroine have achieved such a high level in the advertising industry at 26? Not my industry, but I am skeptical.
Josephine
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a short read but the chemistry was palpable and I felt every moment of it. There were some valuable lessons learned that I hope all the readers were able to glean from. But what struck me most was never make any decision based on what others expect it of you but make them because it is what is right in your heart and in your gut.
Kelley
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to really like this because I really like the author's other work; however, for me, this book was "meh." I struggled to connect with either of the main characters and the control issues they both had. Maybe the next one!

• Hot Text
  • Man Trouble
  • IOU Sex
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Shaken
  • Consumed
  • Creative License
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Dare Me
  • Office Affair
  • Two Step Temptation
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Secrets: Volume 11
  • Cullen's Bride
  • What Are Friends For?
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a master’s in English Literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again.

She is the NYT, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of
More about Jennifer Probst...