Start by marking “A Stormy Spanish Summer” as Want to Read:
A Stormy Spanish Summer

A Stormy Spanish Summer

Felicity Clairemont has come to Spain to claim her inheritance. Unfortunately that means spending time with the Duque Vidal y Salvadores—and the darkly handsome Spaniard has always made it plain what he thinks of her.The last time Vidal saw Fliss, his emotions were strong—he hated and wanted her with equal measure. But now honor demands he must help her. As the truth about ...more
Published June 21st 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Stormy Spanish Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stormy Spanish Summer

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Penny Jordan was one of my all time favorite HP authors for many years. But something happened. I guess her books lost that emotional depth that attracted me. I have liked some of her recent reads, but I haven't loved any. But this book is the first in a long time that I felt that pull from. I admit she's not for everyone. She has the very angst-ridden, emotionally-tortured heroines who live in their pasts way too much. If you like Penny Jordan, then you're prepared for that going in.

There was
KC
Kind of old skool for a modern Presents; complete with a heroine under a Spanish duke's mercy, a castle or two, misunderstandings, unrequited love and, yes, some slut shaming. Even the title stirred my imagination which could have been entitled the very obvious "The Spanish Duke's Innocent Virgin" or "Spanish Duke, English Virgin", eek.

Vidal treated Felicity (Fliss) cruelly at times because he thought her morals were looser than a Slinky®. (view spoiler)
StMargarets
Poor H/h - they were smitten at first sight, but she was 16 and he a man in his 20's. The love died when the hero saw her being assaulted by a creepy party crasher and decided she was a slut. Then the heroine discovered that as adoptive head of the family, hero had kept her letter from her father and she was never able to contact him before he died.

That's the main misunderstanding and it takes 180 pages and a lovely travelogue through Spain for the H/h to clear everything up. While they have the
Jacqueline J
That was one of the dumbest books I've ever read. The reasons that the heroine was kept away from her father were the most asinine I've ever read. The idea that the hero's comments to her when she was 16 caused her to doubt her sexuality etc., seemed like it would be an interesting twist but the author didn't follow through very well. Kind of like she sort of suggested it and suddenly from one vague sentence the hero totally understood that he had destroyed the heroine's sex life until she was a ...more
Jenny
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, favorites
The heroine Felicity travels to Spain so as to claim her inheritance from her father whom she adores but has never met. When she gets there she meets again with Vidal, the man she considers responsible for the estrangement of her parents. The hero insults her because he caught her red handed trying to have sex in her mother's room when she was still 16 and the heroine hates him for ruining her family and preventing her from having a relationship with her father. Even though they try to deny thei ...more
iamGamz
The three words that best describe this book: Drama Drama Drama!

Felicity only wanted to know her father. Her parents were forcefully kept apart by her father’s adopted, overbearing mother, leaving her gentle English mother to raise her love child alone.

Then at 16 Felicity met Vidal, the new head of her father’s aristocratic family. She feel heads over heels but circumstances and misunderstandings caused animosity between them.

7 years later, after the death of her father, Felicity travels to Sp
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is of Fiss, who after her father (whom she has never met) passes away is named in his will. She travels to Spain in order to see and secure her inheritance and hoping to learn a little about the father she was never allowed to meet. As we discover Fliss's father was adopted into the aristocratic Spanish family the male character Vidal is the head of. Her father had an affair with Vidal's Au pair (Fliss's mother), which was revealed quite innocently by Vidal to his matriarch grandmother ...more
Sapheron
This book is so close to what I like about the old school PJ style. Penny is not for every reader or every HP reader for that matter, but for those of us who GET her, this is definite food for our nostalgia.
Pam
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book typical Penny Jorday and I love her books Her hero's are incredible men who love their woman with all they have.
Ann Keller
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Excellent book. I really liked the interplay between Felicity Clairemont and the dark Spaniard, Duque Vidal y Salvadores.

Years ago, Vidal saw Fliss in a compromising situation and made some assumptions about her character - all of which were incorrect. Vidal kept her from knowing her Spanish father and cut her off from all of the Spanish members of her family. Now that her father has passed on, Fliss comes to Spain to visit her father's estate. What she learns in the process has the power to cha
Caro
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb
This was an ok book. There was a lot of things that just aggravated me and the characters were very prideful. This felt slow moving too. It was written well and had a good plot though. It just couldn't really keep me interested. Plenty of head-knocking moments warranted. Good luck
Missy
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it ....was a passionate, stormy read. Penny does a good job expressing their emotions and makes for a great read.
Alison
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite old-school but still enjoyable. Nice setting and reunion romance. Heroine a little full on with the hatred on her father's family.
Lena Papanikolaou
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Γιατί να μην υπάρχουν μισά αστεράκια?Δεν ειναι καθαρό 4 άλλά ούτε και 3 .Χωρίς ιδιαίτερο στόρι έχει όμορφες περιγραφές συναισθημάτων και από τις δύο πλευρές.3,5 αστεράκια από εμένα.
Carmen Santiago
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I liked the book. It was sweet and romantic. It's nice how they meet in Spain and fall in love there.
Erika
4.5 Stars!
RomLibrary
Tonya Warner
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought the story was OK. Just, OK.

Felicity is evidently a massive klutz because most of the times she ends up in Vidal's arms is when she is in the middle of a fall over something. Fliss was never allowed to meet her father, and she had believed Vidal had kept her one letter to her father from him.

The reasoning why her father was never in her life is questionably vague. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but it seemed more the product of weak character.

Vidal had formed misconceptions about Felici
Yulia Anggraini
felicity menyukai vidal sejak remaja n karna kejadian saat pesta d rmhx membuat vidal membenci felicity...

g suka felicity...dy terlalu butuh pengakuan dr ayah kandungx klo dy tidak dtelantarkan n dlupakan...banyak cerita yg serupa dgn masa lalu felicity tp ntah kenapa rasa butuh dy terasa memuakkan...
Tali
This book was mostly ok for what it is, but several points, like the hero constantly calling the heroine a slut after she was nearly raped, were massively disappointing. The 'stormy' relationship of the title is definitely there, but any of the nicer parts of this book are buried under recriminations and uncalled for misunderstandings. Ok to read, but not something I'd really recommend.
Fanny Roswita Ria
so many intrigue:(
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Felicity "Fliss". Well, she, got into an awful lot of assumptions.

The story was good, I think. A stormy Spanish romance!
Brad Jae
It was okay ....
Julie C-F
2.5

Some parts of the plot are unbelievable for me.
rndel
Mar 18, 2013
Mrs Dawn Davey
Feb 14, 2018
Lindsey
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2011
Nic
Jun 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Forbidden Wife
  • Taming the Last St. Claire (The Scandalous St. Claires #3)
  • In Christofides' Keeping
  • Angel of Darkness
  • Alessandro's Prize
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The Disgraced Playboy (The Notorious Wolfes, #2)
  • The Ultimate Risk
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Fire of Spring
  • Prince of Scandal
  • Virgin Bought and Paid For
  • The Ice Prince (Orisini Brides, #1)
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had