Start by marking “The Proposal (The Westmorelands, #21)” as Want to Read:
The Proposal (The Westmorelands, #21)

The Proposal (The Westmorelands #21)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  951 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
The moment he met Bella Bostwick, Jason Westmoreland wanted herand the land she'd inherited. With one convenient proposal, he could have the Southern beauty in his bed and her birthright in his hands. If only Bella would say yes. ...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Harlequin (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposal

Dee
I thought this book was ok but definately felt like something was missing!

This really didn't 'feel' like a Brenda Jackson novel. Ms Jackson's writing is very distinctive and I usually love her material especially the Westmorelands but really felt this was like many other Harlequin novels and could have easily been written by anybody. I suppose with this many in a series I am bound to come across some that I don't like or not overly impressed with :( The storyline was ok but I really didn't feel
Desi
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leído el 22/11/2011
Angela
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jason and Bella are so cute together.
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Brenda Jackson has written over 20 novels about the Westmorelands--the Atlanta, Washington, D. C, Colorado, and Montana Westmorelands--a prolific, generous, and hugely successful African-American family who have managed to make their mark on every community in which they have resided. This present story takes place in and around Denver, Colorado, featuring one of the cousins that is being highlighted in a series about this branch of the family. Jason is in his early 30's, a successful rancher wh ...more
L.M. David
Dec 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the first book in this series of the Westmoreland family I have read but not the first in the series. I don't necessarily hate romance stories but after reading several, it seems to be an ongoing theme with this genre that seems totally boilerplate. More often than not, its love at first sight, the sex is totally mind blowing/off the chart and happens either with blinding speed or within the first one hundred pages of the novel. It is a genre that seems to enjoy glamourizing the "package ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
After coming off the high of Silken Thread & A Wife for a Westmoreland I was looking forward to The Proposal. I'm a Huge fan of Brenda Jackson but this one didn't draw me in like the others it was a good read with a good storyline but felt it was missing that spark I get from reading one of the author's books or reading about a Westmoreland.

Although I love the series of the Westmorelands at one point in the book Jason was telling Bella that the family hired a detective to see if there where
Ceej
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the Westmorelands!! I remember reading a A Little Dareand loving it but I wasn't hooked until The Chase Is On (Silhouette Desire). I had a bunch of books to hunt down and I fell even more in love with what I think of as the epitome of being a man. I live in Atlanta and I'm wondering, where's my Westmoreland???

I was pleased and ecstatic to be introduced to Jason. Jason kind of reminds me of Quade and Ian. He has Ian's intensity but Quade's charm and easy going persona. Like all the Westmor
☂ ℬrandi
Savannah Belle, Elizabeth (Bella) Bostwick has inherited her late grandfather's land and prized stallion Hercules. Her new ranch connects to Jason Westmoreland's and like everyone else he has shown interest in purchasing the land and Hercules. Despite her family's opposition Bella is determined to make this ranch her home. Her parents are livid and demand she return to Savannah and marry a wealthy local, and live they life they planned for her. Her uncle is bitter than she didn't sell the land t ...more
Judith
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a huge Brenda Jackson fan, I always enjoy her writing although I don't think there was the level of intensity in this novel that I have encountered in some of her other works. Yet Jason Westmoreland is a man who seems comfortable in his skin, likes his life, and isn't really "on the make" in any way. Yet the Southern belle, Ms Bella, sets his teeth on edge in a very good way right from their first introduction, and the attraction seems to keep growing. That they became friends first was very ...more
stilwaterz
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Ms Jackson! These Westmoreland men don't stop ... making me weak! Jason Westmoreland is laid back but just as hot and yummy as his brothers and cousins. One look at southern Bella Bostwick and he knew he had to have her and her adjoining ranch. What began as a business proposal quickly dissolved into a long term love affair.

Bella suddenly learns she owns a ranch in Montana. Montana! It is love at first sight --- quite different from Savannaha. Finally, she can enjoy her new found independenc
Patrice
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
I liked the way Ms Jackson portrayed her 2 main characters in this book. Bella Bostwick, a sheltered, only child, finds herself the recipient of an inheritance from a Grandfather she never knew existed. She meets Jason Westmoreland at a charity event, while accompanied there by her uncle. Bella and Jason have an instant attraction. I like how the relationship between these two develops and I appreciate the fact that Bella was strong enough and Jason gentleman enough not to act impulsively on the ...more
Toni
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2011
I just inhale these Westmoreland novels! LOL! And now that there is a Denver branch of the family, there are more stories to be told.

Brenda Bostwick is a pampered Southern belle raised in Savannah. The only family she has ever known are her parents, so she is surprised to learn that not only did her grandfather just pass away, but that he has left her his ranch outside Denver. Needing to spread her wings, much to her parent's dismay, she decides to accept the challenge of running a horse ranch.
W
Karen
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
It was definitely a proposal that Bella could not refuse! Jason Westmoreland is a quiet and very thoughtful person, and when Bella comes into his life, it's love at first sight even though he did not want to admit it. But when tragedy strikes, he puts it all on the line for the woman he wants. The proposal was one that was suppose to be a business deal, however love does not play around and these two newly weds realize that their marriage will be more than one of convenience! Awesome love story! ...more
Tanya Mayes
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire
love this book. love Jason and Bella. I love how after meeting jason the strong attraction wss there and Bella a Southern Belle remained true to her upbringing. Jason gave her a proposal to narry him that she couldn't resist. She accepted and was a virgin on her wedding night. Even though Jason gave her a little preview of what was to come. love the protectiveness of all the Westmirelands. This was a really enjoyable read check it out.
Shonnie
Jun 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-book
This is the first time its taken me weeks to finish a new Brenda Jackson book. I felt it was to predictably. Like it was a combination of the other Westmoreland series. I'm also feeling the young (barely out of her teens) virgin is overdone. We need something new and fresh from the Westmoreland clan. Otherwise I'm gonna have to bypass any future novels by this author (who use to be one of my favorites).
Terri
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This book was just okay for me. It pretty much followed the same theme as the other Brenda Jackson book I read. I know it's nice in a way for today's times, but seriously, are there that many 20 year old virgins around that the Westmooreland guys consistently find them?
There just wasn't much going on in this book. The narration by Avery Glymph was outstanding and the highlight of the experience for me.
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read! All of the books in the Westmoreland Series are awesome. Jason and Bella are an incredible couple. What starts off as a proposal of convenience turns into love. Their relationship is wonderful, the plot is fabulous, the flow is flawless and the character interactions are fantastic. It's was great to see how their relationship went from sparks on first sight and how it turned into love.

5 Stars, excellent read, highly recommend
Suzanne
The cover of this book drew me in! When I saw this book was one I could listen to while I worked, I was drawn in even further! I was enjoying it when I found out this was #21 in a series! Yikes! This author can write fast! I enjoyed that it could be stand alone since I wasn't totally lost! I did enjoy the love at first site!
Julie Barrett
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Proposal by Brenda jackson
This book of the series is about Jason Westmoreland who owns a horse ranch.
He meets up with Elizabeth Boatswick who has just lost her grandfather and others are consoling her and other family members at a charity he had started.
She does not want to lose the ranch nor the horse so maybe she will just have to run the place herself.

Brandi
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Another decent Westmoreland book....glad to see that this family is so prolific but I would like one of these books to WOW me like the first one's did. I think an issue with a large series is that, you see te same characters in each book, so their stories seem obvious to you. Howver, I do see great potenial for Bane's story.
Patriciaw
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Another hot, sexy read from Brenda Jackson. Jason Westmoreland and Bella Bostwick come together over her inherited land and horse, despite opposition from her family. Can't go wrong with a Brenda Jackson read, although recently they tend to have a little too much backstory in the beginning and a few too obvious seeds for books to come.
Leatha Writes
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved Jason and Bella's story. Their story was so sweet and passionate at the same time. Jason was strong and I just loved how he took charge and took care of Bella. Bella who to me seemed lost and kinda unrealistic but with Jason by her side seemed more real. I love this family. Oh Mrs. Jackson bring them on.
Gail
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mzpastrychef
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the Westmoreland Series.. This book was not as good as the others as far as the story goes but it was still a great read... I like the fact that now we are getting stories for all of the Westmorelands in the different states!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Westmorelands

"It was a fun quick read. ... I enjoyed seeing these two fall in love." from a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.

Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
First of all, I would like to say that I have enjoyed all the Westmoreland books. This book could hae been better. I thought the storyline was too boring and dry. I feel the main characters should have been developed more.
Cheesecake
Jason and Bella. Very straight forward formulaic story about a girl from out of town and a hometown golden-boy falling for each other. Would be boring if it weren't for someone trying to kill her. An entertaining, inexpensive, brief audiobook.
Dionna
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! I am so addicted .

I read Stern's story first, then realized that there were so many more books to read. I have been reading a book every other day. Can not put them down.
Ariana
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
They called her belle so much for a minute I forgot it wasn't her name. I really wanted her parents to come down, also are we just going to stop the investigation about their great grand father?
Shone
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Jason, got everything he wanted in his proposal.
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • A Legal Affair
  • King's Passion (House of Kings, #1)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • A Case for Romance
  • Here I Am (The Wainwright Legacy, #2)
  • Dante's Honor-Bound Husband (The Dante Legacy, #8)
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood, #3)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)