Start by marking “Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Physical Rehabilitation” as Want to Read:

The link between structure and function of the musculoskeletal system is clarified and explained in this complete guide to clinical kinesiology. Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System is the most comprehensive, research-based, reader-friendly text on kinesiology ever published. Beautifully and abundantly illustrated in two-color, this dynamic, accessible resource ...more
Published May 24th 2002 by Mosby (first published December 12th 1950)

To ask other readers questions about Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System

Start your review of Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Physical Rehabilitation
Jenny
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really easy to read! The diagrams were also plentiful and helpful! It was also able to act as a anatomy book! The explanations were elaborate and easy to understand! It definitely helped with my studies!
Jana Rađa
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm staring at the screen and trying to figure out what to write in my review of Neumann's "Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation". Why? Well, to be completely honest, I can't really say I have read the book through and through, not according to my standards anyway. I knew from the beginning that I was in over my head and that the book might prove too difficult to handle, and I was correct.

It's not an easy read and definitely not for a 1st or 2nd year student
Hiroshi
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As my first exposure to kinesiology, this book accommodated both my nascence to the subject AND my desire to learn it all in detail. Each chapter begins with an overview of relevant anatomy, and then proceeds to describe them in terms of specific and global function. This editorial style has the benefit of making it easier to remember and understand origins/insertions/functions when compared to the conventional anatomy reference. For example, Thieme's atlas might state that the lumbricals "flex ...more
Liss
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This text is exhaustive in its treatment of human joint function. I would never say it is light, fun reading, but it offers a complete discussion of most muscles' functions and would serve well as a reference when less exhaustive resources fail to make things clear. Neumann's work will help unravel mysteries and, with multiple readings, help us understand some of our bodies' trickiest and most complex motions. In sum: wonderfully dense and complete, little fun.
Atiya Yaqub
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
because its my hobby
J. Jerome
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great resource with lots of pictures
Yi Almeniana

• Human Locomotion: The Conservative Management of Gait-Related Disorders
  • Running Mechanics and Gait Analysis
  • The Running Revolution: How to Run Faster, Farther, and Injury-Free--for Life
  • Whittle's Gait Analysis
  • Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination [With DVD]
  • Yoga Anatomy
  • Functional Atlas of the Human Fascial System
  • Awareness Through Movement: Easy-to-Do Health Exercises to Improve Your Posture, Vision, Imagination, and Personal Awareness
  • Ganong's Review of Medical Physiology (LANGE Basic Science)
  • Yin Yoga: Outline of a Quiet Practice