Start by marking “On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)” as Want to Read:
On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)

On the Way to the Wedding

(Bridgertons #8)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  45,667 ratings  ·  2,770 reviews
A funny thing happened...

Unlike most men of his acquaintance, Gregory Bridgerton believes in true love. And he is convinced that when he finds the woman of his dreams, he will know in an instant that she is the one. And that is exactly what happened. Except...

She wasn't the one. In fact, the ravishing Miss Hermione Watson is in love with another. But her best friend, the
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published June 27th 2006 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about On the Way to the Wedding, please sign up.
Ginny This is what the author said about it: "Quite a few people have asked if the name “Hermione Watson” is an ode to J.K. Rowling (whose character Hermion…moreThis is what the author said about it: "Quite a few people have asked if the name “Hermione Watson” is an ode to J.K. Rowling (whose character Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson in the Harry Potter movies.) The answer is no, it’s just a coincidence. Or possibly something from the subconscious. At any rate, Lucy is much more like Rowling’s Hermione than my Hermione is." https://juliaquinn.com/extras/inside-...(less)

·  45,667 ratings  ·  2,770 reviews

Start your review of On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
Jessica
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gregory's book has been the one I was least excited for because we just didn't really get to know him through the series, and reading his book meant that the 8 Bridgerton books would be over. As soon as I started this book, though, I flew through it and fell in love with Gregory!

What I loved most about Gregory was how much he wanted love. He had seen all of his siblings fall in love and was determined to find that for himself. I loved how he fell "in love" with Hermione when he first saw her and
Al George
Rename this book "On the Way to Too Much Internal Dialog"

talk too much

Read this as part of a personal challenge to actually finish series this year rather than going from book to book and forgetting deets

Series: Yep and it' the last one! I did it. I feel a party coming on.

party

Sexy times: Barely. As in super barely. As in really super barely especially for a Julia Quinn. As in this is the least sexy times of the entire series, I believe.

Plan on reading more by the author: Oh sure.

Synopsis: Gregory sees the love
Jacob Proffitt
May 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is eighth in a series. And the last. But do yourself a favor and just skip it.

I'm maybe halfway in and I just want the pain to stop. Gregory and Lucy are fine. Well, okay, they are complete wimps and spend the first half of the novel being stupid with each other. Gregory is mooning over someone he barely knows and calling it "love" and Lucy is obliviously helping with completely useless advice. And then they both know that they're actually in love with the other, but neither has the guts to
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I'm such a Bridgerton party pooper, but I accept my role.

I'm happy to note that I finished off the series on a somewhat high note. There were other Bridgerton books that I downright hated, so On the Way to the Wedding feels like a win.

I enjoyed the somewhat exciting, fast pace of the story, and Gregory Bridgerton wasn't a total ass, which, honestly, is unique amongst the Bridgerton men. I thought the story was fun and entertaining, even if it took me a couple of weeks to read. Plus,
Fani *loves angst*
I must be weird because I liked it more at the beginning, while Gregory was in love with Lucy's friend. I liked their easy relationship, their friendship, their openness. But I didn't feel any chemistry between them to make me long for them to become a couple. Gregory was just not hero material for me and though Lucy was grounded and straight-forward, I didn't care for her much. And I felt that it dragged a lot towards the ending. The whole 'oh, we can't be together', 'no, I'll find a way, love ...more
Phrynne
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series very much so I was a little sad to be picking up the last book. However Gregory is the last Bridgerton to require a partner in life so this had to be the final episode.

It was all very typical of the whole series -good clean fun, an interesting story and lots of amusing repartee. By book eight we know the Bridgerton family very well. Gregory's brothers as usual provided all the comedy and Hyacinth had a wonderful role towards the end.

The ending was delightful. Gregory
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Reading this book was so bittersweet because I knew it was the end to the Bridgerton series, yet at the same time, I simply had to read it! I’ve been putting off the last two books, not wanting the series to come to an end, but I just had to see how things ended up for Gregory, too.

After finishing It’s In His Kiss which I adored, I had such high expectations for this book, maybe too high, because unfortunately, On the Way to the Wedding just didn’t quite live up to them.

Don’t get me wrong, i
Mei
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Opsss... I skipped Hyacinth's book... Shame on me!

For me this was the worst one... I couldn't for the love of me like neither the hero nor the heroine, even if I liked her better... but still... I dodn't enjoyed this book as much the first few of the series.

Both Gregory and Lucy were too juvenile, sometimes too stupid.

Greagory couldn't decide what he wanted, or, better, who he wanted! I hated this! First he was creazy in love with Hermione (by the way, I couldn't stop immaging her like Hermione
Mo
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So disappointing. I didn't even post one update while reading ... that should tell you what I thought of it. I thought Gregory and Lucy came across as quite childish ... couldn't warm to them at all. I was literally skimming towards the end of the book!

It would barely make the three star mark for me but as I did enjoy the series of books overall, I will give it three. Even the presence of the other Bridgerton siblings couldn't help this one. I know I am in the minority here ... I still love the
Exina
The last installment of the Bridgertons series is the story of Gregory and Lucy.
It was a disappointment. The first part of the novel is boring, the end is forced, the dialogues are faint and full of repetitions, and I was annoyed by Gregory's constantly growling stomach.

In this book everything is overdrawn:
• Gregory’s rhapsodic emotions;
• Lucy’s sense of duty and devotion;
• Hermione’s beauty and praising it to the skies;
• Some romantic scenes – especially (view spoiler)
Joanna Loves Reading
When I think of this book, I think of how the hero met the heroine at the same time as her friend and fell for the friend. It’s just not the stuff dreams are made of. I also don’t like the conclusion much. There are good parts. I think it’s more interesting than Benedict’s book, and once Gregory wakes up, he’s a better hero than Colin. So it’s made a jump from 8 to 6 in my ranking.

Final ranking in this reread:
1. To Sir Phillip, With Love
1. The Viscount Who Loved Me
3. When He Was Wicked
4. It's in
♥Sharon♥
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I ended up really enjoying this one. Gregory was a bit different than the other Bridgerton men. Being the youngest he took on a rather lackadaisical persona. He appeared to have no great desire for much. Oh he had opinions and such but he never gave much thought to his future. He was humorous and handsome. A lively character indeed. So when Lucy entered his life one wouldn't think a woman who needed a life of order would be the one to spur the unfamiliar feelings of true love for Gregory.

Once Gr
Korrie’s Korner
What is life now?

I can’t believe I just turned the last page of the last Bridgerton book. I literally feel like I’ve lost my best friend. I can’t tell you how much I love these books! The talent that Julia Quinn possesses blows my mind! Each book truly kept me captivated and longing for more! My heart aches with the loss of these characters, but they truly live in my heart.

Gregory and Lucy’s story was so unpredictable! It literally had my heart thumping out of my chest towards the end, not know
Nisha
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: those who just want to complete the series
Ok, I am only slow at updating this because I needed to find a way to be nice about this book. But really, I shouldn't have waited because I almost forgot what this book was even about. Goes to tell you, this ain't that great.

Gregory, the last of the Bridgertons, believes in love - true love, all-consuming love, love so strong that you wouldn't even be able to breath without their reciprocation. Which makes it really crazy when he falls for Hermione, a woman who has already lost her heart to her
Book Wonderland
Reading the blurb I wasn't very excited for Gregory's story, the plot wasn't really my type of story, but there were some good moments too.
Now that this series is over, here's my ranking:

1) Romancing Mister Bridgerton
6) To Sir Phillip, With Love
7) On the Way to the Wedding
8) When He Was Wicked

description

I really liked this series, and this fictional family.
I will write a review soon for Happily Ever After too (2nd
Karen
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

It was heaven.
Forget angels, forget St. Peter and glittering harpsichords.
Heaven was a dance in the arms of one's true love.

True to form, she's done it again. This one really put my emotions through the ringer. I went back and forth from giddy adoration to desperately wanting to strangle the life out of both Gregory and Lucy. What an emotional rollercoaster. Honestly, I could have done without him falling for her best friend first, ah, but where would be the fun in that?

One thing I
Amanda

What the hell did I just read? Besides 300+ pages of utter nonsense. Why Julia Quinn, WHY?

I wish I could say I enjoyed SOMETHING about this book, but I can’t. Even the Bridgerton family cameos offered little relief from the madness of the plot and the blehness of the main couple. Although, okay, I will admit to laughing my ass off when Gregory tied Lucy up and hid her in a water closet. Yes. That is a thing that actually happens. Don’t even get me started on how everyone fell in love with the ba
❦ jazmin
“He knew her, he realized. He truly knew her. Not just the usual things. In fact, he didn't know the usual things. He did not know her favorite color. Nor could he guess her favorite animal or food.
But somehow it didn't matter if he didn't know if she preferred pink or blue or purple or black. He knew her heart. He wanted her heart.”

This is officially the last full-sized novel in this series, and I feel like I’ve spent a lifetime with these characters. Each and every one of them has come to
Antonella
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, historical
enjoyable historical fiction series!!
glad that I have finished it... I did love some books more than others...
I am happy to see what will Shonda do with the series!

Jan
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
My least fav of the series. Bummer for the last one :( Until about 2/3 way through, very little happened. It was just talk, talk, talk, think, think, think, talk, talk, talk. The leads felt immature and lacking self-knowledge. Ugh.

Eventually something did happen and the plot began to shape up OK. I didn't mind the (view spoiler) as plot devices. But the (view spoiler) felt too forced and si
Summer
Dec 13, 2009 rated it did not like it
On the Way to the Wedding is the final book in Julia Quinn's Bridgertons series. Unfortunately this book did not have the same magic for me as the others in the series had. Usually the Bridgertons has some kind of quirky opening that hooks you from the first few pages. Here it had an interesting prologue but after that it's all about Gregory and his obsession with a young woman after viewing the back of her neck. Granted it sounds kind of sweet but really the further you get into the book, the m ...more
Jiana
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
And this marks the end of another one of my favorite series. It feels so bittersweet. I've been reading those books over a span of years because I wanted to extend and enjoy it as much as I could. I love the Bridgertons so much and they're easily one of my favorite book families out there! This book is Gregory's. It was super cute, but also quite full of action, unlike Quinn's usual books. Gregory is such a gentle and soft man asdljaskjsda. Lucinda is a great and lovely heroine. I loved reading ...more
Sabina
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another beautful story from the Bridgerton series! Love the witty banter between the characters. The heroine is quite likable. As always, the family interactions are the life of the book.
~Rajeswari~
Jun 01, 2021 rated it liked it
The last installment of “Bridgerton”series informs us about Gregory Bridgerton and Lucinda Abernathy’s movie-like action-filled story.
Here our hero finds himself in love two times and learns that his first love was not love at all.Boys, learn the difference between love and infatuation.Sometimes, we are in love with the idea of love.
Gregory Bridgerton is not a much talked about character in this series but the book wrapped up pretty well.The last few pages had moments of testosterone rush.
Why co
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

On the way to the wedding is about the last lone unmarried Bridgerton Gregory. I was lucky enough to literally stumble across this series when a GR friend did a review on book 6 in the series.

Gregory, the true romantic. And why shouldn’t he be. After seeing his 7 brothers and sisters all famously wed with disgustingly happy love matches – it is only to be expected that he to would expect no less. And when that happens he in convinced that is going to be a
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Τρίτη ανάγνωση και άνοδος της βαθμολογίας στα 5 αστέρια!
(Η κριτική που ακολουθεί είναι από την πρώτη φορά που το διάβασα και δε θα την αλλάξω)

**************************************

A very good story but pretty different from the previous books. Don’t get me wrong! I enjoyed it but because of the age difference between Gregory and his brother there wasn’t much “family action”!

Gregory is a romantic and wants to marry the woman he loves. But that woman loves someone else and then marries someone els
Ashley
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I really liked it. It was a sweet story. Maybe I didn't buy that the hero and heroine had some grand, larger-than-life love, as the story tried to convince us of near the end, but it was heartwarming and a lovely read.

Now that I've finished the entire series, I'm going to rate the Bridgerton novels in order of how much I enjoyed them. I was going to recommend all but the final two books on my list, but I suppose The Duke and I, which I don't like, is a must-read as it's the very first Bridgert
Sam (AMNReader)
Subtitle: Gregory, the most underdeveloped Bridgerton.

Gregory believes in love. He loves his mother. He likes doing things on his own. He thinks Anthony is admirable and a good father to him. He's a little chaotic.

And that's all I know about him. I liked him, but he certainly did not benefit from being the last book in the series in the same way the earlier characters did. I didn't think this would hurt him so much because Hyacinth and Francesca, largely absent from prior books still really wor
Lily Herman
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
In sort of hilarious Bridgerton fashion, this series ended on an okay note for me after a very long and enjoyable ride.

After Francesca, we probably knew the least about Gregory heading into his book, and I thought he was a perfectly fine protagonist. Lucy, on the other hand, got increasingly aggravating as the novel went on, and by the end, I was Very Done™ with her shenanigans.

I did, however, appreciate Julia Quinn's exploration of what it means to fall in love at first sight versus falling in
Kit
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • Ritmo Envolvente: O Bebê do Rockstar (Amor & Ritmo #1)
  • The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1)
  • When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2)
  • Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1)
  • Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • Stranger in My Arms
  • Pleasure for Pleasure (Essex Sisters, #4)
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)
  • Where Dreams Begin
See top shelves…
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, an ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)