Start by marking “The Centurion Principles: Battlefield Lessons for Frontline Leaders” as Want to Read:
The Centurion Principles: Battlefield Lessons for Frontline Leaders

The Centurion Principles: Battlefield Lessons for Frontline Leaders

The Centurion Principles approaches leadership in a fresh and compelling way for leaders at all levels of responsibility. Rather than long lists of principles and ideas with explanations, this book teaches leadership concepts through captivating models, revealing the "hows" and "whys" of leaders making decisions during their most difficult hours. This approach of placing r ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published July 11th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Centurion Principles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Centurion Principles

Start your review of The Centurion Principles: Battlefield Lessons for Frontline Leaders
Bryce Balenseifen
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Centurion Principles was interesting. It is multiple stories within the book. All the stories relate to the theme of leadership and those leaders who have left behind legacies. Of the stories I read, my favorite was the one of Abraham Lincoln. Abe was a very wise man, but when he didn't know exactly what to do, he got help from people who did. Abe was not a prideful man, instead he was very humble and reserved. The average rating for this book is 4.18 I believe. Honestly, I can see why. Ther ...more
Nate
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
Recommended to Nate by: Recommended Book List
This book blew me away. I am proud of the fact that I got to get inside or get a small nugget of what some of the greatest men and women that have walked the earth lived there principles by or failed by.
I could go on and on.

In learning more about Abraham Lincoln it is no wonder that a common foundation of his makeup was his persistent curiosity to read anything he could get his hands on.

I was also amazed at how this book helps me identify the very principles in use at work or the lack of them
Thomas Kinsfather
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wins on the leadership principles and on the history. Strategically written much differently than the standard leadership book.

Each chapter focuses on a different military leader from world history, tells their story, then draws one leadership principle from their life. A wide range of leaders and topics keep this book interesting all the way through.
Melissa
Feb 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting perspectives on real-life "centurions" and their character traits, etc. You will learn a lot about these historical figures! And also how to apply their traits in your life as well.
Kevin Schulthies
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book of historic leader examples (both good and bad examples, do this and don't do this examples) featuring a bunch of well known features in history.

A little heavy, but if you love a lot of battle details then you'll easily fall in love with the book.

Spencerdan
Aug 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This provides some great historical perspective on key military leaders over the centuries from Rome to the current day.
Even more poignant when traveling through Europe where some of the stories take place.
If you don't learn from history you will repeat the mistakes.
Grant
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books like this. The history of some amazing people and how what they did applies to certain principles and the explanation of these principles is awesome. I really like this book and I think everybody should read it.
Elizabeth
Aug 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. I've been reading a lot about leadership and I love history so putting both together is really captivating. I would recommend this book to anyone who is wanting to learn some great leadership principles through the lives of some great leaders in history.
ABona
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book- great for managers, officers, and leaders alike.
Bob
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
challenging and helpful principles on leadership drawn from historical figures
Octavio Sánchez
The first part of the book (50 pages) relate good histories about marvelous leaders around the world, it is a combination between history and military tactics.
Steven
Good leadership advise. The Centurion led by example. Enough said.
Roxie
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It moved right along and had great principles.
John
Apr 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Besides great profiles of battlefield leaders through history, this book adds an analysis of their leadership and how we can apply it to our own "battles" today.
Ekiago
must read for all who are leaders, or want to be leaders.
Amanda B.
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good book, I like how he took historical figures and showed how they were true leaders.
Jason
Dec 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for anyone in leadership. Great tie together of practical issues and historically interesting stories.
Meieli
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. Defenitely did his research. Recommend it to anyone and everyone
Chris
Apr 18, 2013
SJ Barakony
Oct 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Professionala (TM)S Guide to Ending Violence Quickly: How Bouncers, Bodyguards, and Other Security Professionals Handle Ugly Situations
  • Learn To Think in Systems: Use System Archetypes to Understand, Manage, and Fix Complex Problems and Make Smarter Decisions
  • The Back Bible: Banish Back Pain Naturally
  • Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality
  • The Brain: The Story of You
  • The Hope Quotient: Measure It. Raise It. You'll Never Be the Same.
  • AND: The Gathered and Scattered Church
  • The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations
  • Warrior of the Light
  • The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team
  • Journey Into Darkness (Mindhunter #2)
  • The Warrior's Meditation: The Best-Kept Secret in Self-Improvement, Cognitive Enhancement, and Stress Relief, Taught by a Master of Four Samurai Arts (Total Embodiment Method TEM)
  • The Evil That Men Do: FBI Profiler Roy Hazelwood's Journey into the Minds of Serial Killers
  • My Utmost for His Highest
  • Safely Home
  • Don't Waste Your Life
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears

News & Interviews