Start by marking “Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2

Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2 (Sakura Hime Kaden #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,272 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Sakura, on the run after Prince Oura’s attempt on her life, is taken in by the ninja Kohaku. Prince Oura summons a demon to lure Sakura and Kohaku out, and then turns into a wolf himself to steal Sakura’s Blood Cherry Blossom Sword. Now Prince Oura has the power to kill the immortal Sakura with her own blade...
Published June 7th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sakura Hime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sakura Hime

pinkthecolour
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
So in the end, i went to the library and picked this up the very next day after finishing Vol. 1 :p And i must say, i enjoyed Vol. 2 a lot more ! The characters were developed more, which slowly started defrosting my irrational dislike for them. Asagiri was, as always, adorable, and i enjoyed the new competition to win over Sakura. There were some cute scenes between her and the Prince :)(view spoiler) ...more
Romi (likes books)
This series is so lovely. And the art. And the tension. And all of it, really. Because even drama can be wonderful, apparently.
Cassidy Osborn
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
My Thoughts:

This is a good continuation of v.1. I'm really getting into the series and I pretty much adore Sakura even though I think she's pretty weird for (view spoiler) Those are some really wrong words and intent to fall in love over. Otherwise, I think she's pretty awesome. I can't decide if I feel like perhaps she's a little too good of a person, though. She will do anything to protect the people that
Holly Letson
First off, much thanks to Aerandria for scanslating this volume. I had read Vols. 9&10 of this series previously, for VIZ, so I wanted to go back and read the rest of the story now, so I decided to turn to the scanslations.
------------------
The frog, Hayate-San, who I loved so much in the much later volumes, barely makes an appearance in this volume. So, this volume is focused alot more on Sakura.
I find myself liking Sakura, but feeling more drawn to Aoba actually. These two seem pretty
Marina
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, paranormal, fiction
I give this 4 stars. Love the illustrations. Easy to understand story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self: Heian Era Izumi
Princess Sakura(14yo,sis,Princess Kaguya's(moon princess)granddaughter,orphan,immortal(mixed blood),pal)+Prince Oura(Aoba,17yo,betrothed,nephew,transforms to wolf,pal2),Fujimurasaki(Togu(next emperor),uncle),Asagiri(mononoke(spirit),mini,snow spirit,blood cursed,companion pal),Priestess Bya
Stacey
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, in the second book, turns out the Prince Oura intended on killing Princess Sakura because he had someone steal her soul symbol and he didnt like the fact that its "destroy" and he wanted to make sure she was really immortal. (Princess Sakura lived though)cuz two ninjas named Kohaku and Hayate tried to help heal her wound. But it also turns out that Prince Oura wasn't finished with the princess yet. He turned into a giant white and stole chizakura from her. Yep, he stole the mystic Cherry Bl ...more
Hikari
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der zweite Band von Prinzessin Sakura schließtn nahtlos an den ersten an und führt die Ereignisse fort. Gewisse Charaktere nerven mich hier ein bisschen, aber das muss wohl für die Geschichte so sein ;) Ganz logisch fand ich einige Sachen nicht, aber das wird in den Folgebänden definitiv besser. Dennoch macht der Re-Read mir wirklich Spaß und es ist auch angenehmer, der Geschichte zu folgen, wenn man die Bände direkt nacheinander liest und keine zu großen Pausen lässt.

Die Zeichnungen sind weiter
Starbubbles
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, I'm picking up this series again. I do like it better than I remember. It reminds me a lot of her other series, which makes sense since she wrote them. Love triangles, mistaken hate, actual hate, destined to not be together... So much teenage angst. What I don't get is that for it being based in the Heian and hitting some of the cultural aspects right on the head with the screens and robes, why SAkura transforms into a mini skirt outfit with modern socks and shoes and all. I mean, I agree, s ...more
Sara
Read in: January 2013 and May 2013.

Updated Review: Originally I had given this 3 stars, but like the first volume, I will bump this up a star. Very enjoyable to read a second time through and I'm getting more out of the story. Beautiful!

Original review: There is so much detail in these illustrations- gorgeous!

I really do like that this shojo doesn't follow the same 'recipe' or outline that many do. This has fantasy elements, along with the day-to-day romance issues of a 14 year old girl. Not the
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
The drawing is amazing and the mangaka is very skilled and talented. I do find myself finding many favorite frames each chapter. This may well be why I read the manga.

The story is interesting too though. I find my heart softened toward Sakura and I have to admit that she won me over talking about her brother and how Aoba reminds her of him. The idea of soul symbols are fascinating and I'm starting to like where this is going.

BOTTOM LINE: So well drawn!
Megan M
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A gorgeous series with an Usagi-esque main character in a fun Heian style fantasy. Unfortunately, I'm not very taken with the love story of Sakura and Aoba, which leaves me frustrated every time we leave one of the awesome action scenes to go cry about how Aoba is mean. But the minor characters are so great and the concept is right up my alley, so I will continue to grab further volumes when I see them.
Chelsea
This volume was really good and I am enjoying seeing how all of the characters and their relationships are developing. This volume also introduces a new character closer to the end. I can't wait to read the next volume and learn more about these characters and what will happen next.

Contains Chapters 4 - 7
04.) An Ephemeral Bond Still
05.) But You'll Get Angry if I Tell You
06.) Why Did You Choose Me?
07.) Standing At The Entrance To an Ephemeral Labyrinth
Luke Reynolds
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Oh, boy! We now have a potential love triangle, more drama, and information about Sakura.

description

I'm on board.
Loonie
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love, love, love, love, loved!!! As always beautiful artwork. A teensy bit cheesy, main character kind of a crybaby, but loved it anyway!!!
Destinie
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nice!
Amy
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
The artwork is good, but the characters are still quite confusing. Primarily the relationship between Aoba and Sakura.
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, shoujo-manga, reviews
My reviews and opinions on my book blog: http://nazishreads.net/2011/11/03/sak...

My Blog Home: http://nazishreads.net
Mariana Avalos
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sakura knows who she likes but I really wonder if Aoba likes her to...
和泉美優
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
In this volume, after Prince Oura's attempt to assassinate Princess Sakura, Sakura is taken under the wing of a girl ninja called Kohaku and her childhood friend-turned-frog, Hayate.
Monique
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was good. Bibliography only covers a small part of the book.
Shanna Hurd
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Good story, pretty artwork.
Eden
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Heffa
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 12+
Zusammenfassung:
Detailreich, gut ausgearbeitete Geschichte, gemixt mit etwas Humor. Eine sehr gute Fortsetzung der Sakura-Hime Mangareihe.

Mehr dazu: http://goo.gl/AA2P6
Audrey D
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was so happy when I got this volume. That cliff hanger ending at the end of volume 1 ( and 2 for that matter) had me running to the bookstore to get the next volume.
Donna
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing
Kleinerrotfuchs
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Unglaublich guter zweiter Teil! Ich will ja nicht spoilern, also sage ich nur: es wird düsterer mit Verlusten und sogar einem obercoolen Gestaltwandler! YEAH
Victoria Newman
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Mersediez Szabo
Sep 01, 2013
Maddie
Feb 10, 2011
  • Codename: Sailor V: Deluxe Edition, #2 (Codename: Sailor V Deluxe, #2)
  • Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 02
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 2
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 5
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #7)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

Sakura Hime Kaden (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 1