Start by marking “The Geek Job” as Want to Read:
The Geek Job

The Geek Job

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  2,128 Ratings  ·  177 Reviews
Protect the geek, that’s the job she’s been hired for, but little did this shewolf expect to fall for a man of science.

As a werewolf who hires out as a bodyguard, Lexie is paid well to perform dangerous jobs that sometimes involve taking off her clothes. When she takes on the protection of a science geek for a vampire clan, she doesn’t expect her temporary girlfriend statu
Published April 7th 2011 by Eve Langlais (first published April 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Geek Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Geek Job

More Than Water by Renee EricsonCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Geek Job by Eve LanglaisFlat-Out Love by Jessica ParkThe Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
Hot Hero With High IQ
111 books — 158 voters
Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny ReidBet Me by Jennifer CrusieNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer AshleyLove Hacked by Penny Reid
Nerdgasms
279 books — 396 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie Garrison

The Geek Job is not your typical erotic paranormal romance. Nope, Eve shows her talent yet again for writing something different and hot. I have to admit at first I wasn’t warming up to this story, but as I keep reading I found Eve added her twist to the story and made this geek into a hot demanding alpha. Oh my, *fan self*. Now, I need to find a geek for myself LOL.. You have to read “The Geek Job” for yourself to find out what this geek turned himself into in order to keep his lady wolf.
Ellie
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ooooooooooh! This was such a great story!.

Not at all typical. Totally hot. A litle off the wall. Completely addictive.

I was looking for a great Langlais and I found it in this story. The blurb and/or the sneak peak chapter do not do this story justice.

The plot was quite busy with a lot of things going on. The hero was hot, the heroine was strong and interesting, and there was great character development. What more can we ask for?

I just ... don't really have words for how much I enjoyed this stor
Malinda
I loved this story. It is going on my faves list and now I'm kicking myself for not reading it ages ago (it's been on my "To Read" list forever). It was just a great read and I really loved Anthony and Lexie. I liked how the story gave them time to grow and learn about each other. The story took place over a couple weeks, which isn't a long period of time but I felt it gave more time for their feeling to mesh and grow.

Lexie is an Alpha female shifter. Most of the male shifters want her as a mat
Sherly
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I prefer if the hero remained "normal".
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Writing : -Third person Dual POV (Anthony and Lexie)
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - 3.5

★Review★

A nice quick enjoyable read.

And yes, it is about vampires and werewolves, but even so some parts I was just a bit "oh really!" It would have worked well a bit longer and wit
Christi Snow
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This was simply a fun afternoon's read. I took the afternoon off for Mother's day and took my Kindle to the coffee shop. This book was perfect for my afternoon. It only took a couple of hours to read. It wasn't too heavy or too deep- just pure entertainment. But there definitely was enough story and character development, that it didn't seem lacking...at all!

Anthony is a scientist on the verge of discovering the cure to a vampire's aversion to sunlight. As such, he is in a very dangero
Marianne
I love Eve Langlais' stories. They're funny, her heroines are sassy and idependent and her alpha males are usually to die for, like this guy...

Oh wait, did I say alpha? No, Anthony is anything but. He's a scientist with a no-nonsense approach to life. Science, not superstition is his driving force. And his mission in life is to cure the unfortunate "sun allergy" his wealthy boss is suffering from...

Of course, this isn't something the other supernatural creatures he does not believe in, are ready
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Over 18; strong sexual content
The Geek Job by Eve Langlais does a great job of bringing a-not-so alpha guy together with an implacable, sexy heroine who can hold her own against the toughest of situations. I really like the juxtaposition of the male/female roles in this book. Eve Langlais has written a jewel of a story with interesting characters and an original narrative.

Lexie who is a werewolf is hired as a body guard to protect a human scientist named Anthony who is working to unlock some secrets held within supernatural
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kim
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

If you enjoy sexy fluff with characters who make you fall in love with them, THE GEEK JOB is perfect for you. The characters are instantly likeable, even when they’re bad, and their relationship, although initially built on falsehood, is fun to read about and believable. I find this book is nearly addictive - I’ve managed to read it twice in the last year alone.

Lexie is sexy, independent and knows exactly what she wants. She’s also pleasantly surprised
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Lexie was too much of an Alpha to even try pretending she was just another pack female. After tearing into one too many of the pack males, she was banished and now makes her living on her own terms. Right now her terms are playing body guard and pretend girlfriend to a geeky scientist working on the vamp problem, sunlight = steaming pile of goo. Anthony was tongue tied when the most gorgeous woman he’s ever seen speaks to him. He can’t believe his good fortune when she actually seems interested ...more
Angela
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Honestly this book was much better then I expected. It was humorous, sexy & exciting. I do love a smart sexy man...throw in the paranormal element and how can you go wrong!? Geek turned Alpha...Loved it!!
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
Fun, quick read, sizzling hot :) A full review can be read here :
Mahalia Levey
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A tantalizing read that will leave you wanting a nerd of your own.
Shii
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
How embarrassing. I know, I KNOW!! But this was SO MUCH FUN!!
Nadia
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
OMG so cute
Belinda Boring
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'd have to say this is one of my favorite stories by Eve, I was completely hooked by the smexiness of it! I'm so used to reading books where the hero is this dashing, warrior, uber Alpha guy and the heroine takes a journey into growing stronger. It was the complete opposite with The Geek Job.

Lexie is the kick butt and feisty character who knows what she wants and has absolutely no problem in taking it. She's a bodyguard and good at her job which lands her with a job protecting a scientist rese
Estara
Jun 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Estara by: description and excerpt at ARebooks.com
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2011
This novella is erotica that I think might have worked even better as a full length novel, because the author has a nice grip on her characters and on the influence of paranormal beings on our world. In a matter of fact way that I could easily believe would work just like that.

Because it is erotica in intent, we do get a whole lot of sex right away and throughout, but the strong personality of Lexie, the heroine, and the nice foil that her geek is for her personality make for an emotional connec
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
So we are all used to hot strong drool worthy men taking spot in our paranormal romances, well be prepared to swoon over one very geeky man!!

When you find out that our main man is suppose to be a nerdy scientific guy you may think to just skip this. I mean we all like our men to be that alpha male and someone we can all fall head over heals for. But please do not let this dissuade you from this book. Because you will miss one hot book!!

This book really blew my expectations. The characters had a
Gab
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended - this book was brilliant. It was humorous, romantic, adventurous, cheeky, different and just plain fun :))

The turnaround of the stereotypical characters was great with our heroine being kickass with an understandable chip on her shoulder as Lexie has always had to fight her way out of being pushed into the submissive wolf mould [kicking and screaming]. Our hero a brilliant scientist who is shy/diffident when not in his science element. The more time Anthony spends with Lexie
Stephanie
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute, sexy, funny read!

Having read this in one afternoon, I felt like it went by way to fast . . but still enjoyed the book very much!

Lexie has a job to do, one she has named "The Geek Job". 72 hrs, keep the geek safe . . put him in the limo to return and job done! Simple, right? Ha!

I don't wanna give anything away . . so that's all you're getting out of me. Just know that I enjoyed the read very much and would recommend! Great book for the beach or laying in the hammock!
Calisto
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lexie is an ubber alpha werewolf who she thumbs her nose at submissive expectations and becomes a bad ass bodyguard. Her newest job is to protect human, Anthony, who unknowingly is working for a vampire and that pesky allergy to sunshine.

Eve Langlais is quickly becoming one of my top tier authors. Her stories are definitely entertaining and worth reading. The one thing that really surprised me in this story is that it felt like a longer read. There was plenty of plot and character development wh
Re Re
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read to pass the time. But has some things that I found a little jarring:

1. Hero's change in the second half of the book
2. How the other conference attendees are presented as male nerds (with apparently a lack of interaction with females) --at a sci-fi/gaming/etc. convention I understand, but at an academic science conference, no.

Some things I found mildly refreshing:

1. A TSTL moment by the hero (which he immediately realized once doing it)
2. Heroine having very few qualms about sex an
ShoSho
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started around 7 am and finished about 4:30. It was funny in a crude way and HOT. The ending could have been better but the epilogue was great.
Really like to read Fredrik's book.
just an example :
"She started the engine, enjoying the rumbling vibration of all that power between her legs. Put a cock on the seat and she’d probably enjoy herself more than she managed with a man."
Miranda Stowe
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love how the hero got to show a shy, geek side as well as an alpha side; it was almost like falling for two men! I should probably be upset Lexi first slept with Anthony for money, but it fit her character perfectly and you could tell she would've had him anyway. She rocked!

But now I wanna read Frederick's story. Really bad. Anyone know if Frederick will have a story?
Book Red
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. I usually am a dark and disturbing kind of girl, so when I find a light, humorous, book with action I enjoy it all the more. I loved Lexie's bad-assed werewolf girl and the geeky brilliance of Anthony. I f you want a fun, paranormal love story with some rough and tumble sex this is the book for you.
Sandra
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
What's a female werewolf bodyguard gonna do to keep a nerdy scientist safe for his vampire boss?

The answer is everything!

Loved this short story and how the main characters grew together right before our eyes.

Eve Langlais does it again :)
Chris
Probably my favorite book by Eve Langlais. Excellent characters, intriguing story, and hot times for Lexie and her sexy geek, Anthony.
Danielle (~Dani~)
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it...made me smile :)
Andrea
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Damn, that girl needs a man in her life so she won't be so horny all the time. Besides that, I love this book. I can't believe how hot a geek can be.
Michelle
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining quick read. Shifter romance with HEA. Really like this author and the humorous spin she puts on her stories.
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.4)
  • Bound by Blood (Bound, #1)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Kamikaze (Last Call, #1)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • September's Tide (Island Tales, #2)
  • The Omegas (Vanguards, #1)
  • An Heir to Bind Them
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates, #3)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais...

“Bad wolf. Stop baiting the human.” 9 likes