Start by marking “The Matrimony Plan” as Want to Read:
The Matrimony Plan

The Matrimony Plan

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Society Princess— and a Penniless Preacher?

Felicity Kensington is preparing for the grandest wedding Pearlman, Michigan, has ever seen. True, her prospective husband is virtually a stranger. But the well–connected engineer her father hired fits all her marriage criteria. Except for one tiny flaw: it's the town's new pastor, not the wealthy engineer, who makes Felicity's he
Published August 2nd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Matrimony Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matrimony Plan

Fedora
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Felicity Kensington is the daughter of the wealthiest, most influential man in town. Her mother's working over time to make sure Felicity has the best of everything--most importantly education and the opportunity to marry well. Felicity feels understandably smothered and longs to marry, if only to get away from this stifling family.

Gabriel Meeks is the new pastor in town. He's strangely smitten with Felicity from their first meeting, but recognizes that attraction is no match for their obvious d
April Suter
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
1920's Michigan finds Felicity desparately needing a husband before fall when her mother is sending her a a prestigous art school. She meets Gabriel Meeks, first, who is the new minister in town. She really wants Mr. Robert Blivens, an engineer and someone more appropriate for her family status. But when she saves the dog, Slinky, he grabs her heart and maybe Gabe, too. Felicity learns many new things about her family and most importantly learns trusting in God is the most important.
279 pages
Christina
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great story. I couldn't put it down. It was so interesting. There is alot going on in this story: bootlegging, orphan trains. There are also many twists and turns that had me guessing until the end to figure out the truth.
Brandy
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was interesting for me. I've NEVER read anything by this author....It was one of those that, I really had to GIVE A CHANCE!!!....Slow to start! And although I LOVED and adored pastor Gabriel Meeks, I had a hard time warming up to the heroine, Felicity Kensington, who started out, (to me), concited. Wanting to MARRY FOR MONEY! Even though she had this AMAZING guy in Gabriel, who liked her right away, and she liked him, refusing to give him the time of day because he was 'a poor pastor.'. ...more
Sandra
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the first of Christine Johnson's novels I've read, but I'm thinking it won't be the last one. Set in 1920, this story grabs the reader with the first paragraph: "Today, Felicity Kensington was going to meet her future husband. He didn't know this yet, of course, but he had a full two months to come to that conclusion." Boy, does she have a surprise coming! Can anyone repeat, "The best laid plans..."?

Poor, little rich girl Felicity is desperate to get out from under the control of her mo
Paula-O
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story began as Felicity is contemplating marriage and the two men recently come to town. She chooses too quickly by appearances more then anything and gets herself into hot water when she finds herself becoming attracted to the other young man whom she believes to be a penniless preacher. Remember looks can be decieving and that is definately the case here. great story with a surprise ending from Christine Johnson called "The Matrimony Plan".
Heather
I enjoyed this one. It's cute and clean. I enjoyed how she wanted to marry one man (for security and wealth) but fell in love with another. I liked the twists and turns of who the bad guys were or were not. I LOVE, LOVE the guy she fell in love with! I guess this was just lacking a little bit of substance or drama that keeps it from a five star read. Don't know that it's one I'd re-read, but it was enjoyable for a one time read.
Jamie
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, although I was a bit confused by the end of the first chapter. The story was far from being another predictable romance. Christine kept my interest through the whole book. Great twist ending to a great romance.
Terri
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story
Lynn Spencer
3.5 stars This book falls into that B-/C+ range for me. Overall, it's a very sweet story and I enjoyed the 1920 setting, as it's one I don't find too often in romance. Felicity Kensington is the daughter of the richest family in Pearlman, Michigan and her very ambitious mother has plans for her to attend art school in New York. However, art school is Felicity's mother dream that she never got to realize for herself and Felicity just doesn't have an interest in art. Her main interest seemed to be ...more
Westerville
Mar 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adults, romance, fiction
I found this adorable. And while the ending was somewhat predictable, the route to get there was not. Really cute. - Nieca, Librarian

Reserve a library copy!
Brittany
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-won
I received this book through the First Reads giveaway program on Goodreads.

Okay, so I accidently deleted my original review of this wonderful book and since I read this awhile ago, I can't remember how wonderful it was, only that I dearly loved this book.
Nieca
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of my designated review reads... I found this adorable. And while the ending was somewhat predictable, the route to get there was not. Really cute.
Cammie
Mar 20, 2013
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 17, 2014 09:09AM
  • Marrying Miss Marshal
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Dangerous Allies (WWII, #1)
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • Second Chance Family
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • Dakota Father
  • Love on the Range
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
  • Hometown Cinderella \ The Inn at Hope Springs
  • A Convenient Wife
  • Homefront Hero
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)
Christine Johnson grew up in small-town Michigan, where tales rise taller than old-growth forest. God blessed her with a love of story, which thus far has led to two RWA Golden Heart® award finals and publication with Love Inspired Historical and Revell. When not at the computer keyboard, she loves to explore God’s majestic creation.
More about Christine Johnson...