Start by marking “Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga, #4)

Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga #4)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  6,986 Ratings  ·  338 Reviews
Meet the Bedwyns—six brothers and sisters—men and women of passion and privilege, daring and sensuality.

Enter their dazzling world of high society and breathtaking seduction…where each will seek love, fight temptation, and court scandal…and where Morgan Bedwyn, the willful youngest daughter, discovers that true love is a temptation no woman can—or should—resist.

Young. Ravi
Paperback, plus previews Slightly Sinful, Slightly Dangerous, 356 pages
Published January 2004 by Dell Bantam Random House (first published December 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Slightly Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slightly Tempted

May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
After being somewhat disappointed with Slightly Scandalous, the previous book in this series, I'm glad to say that things got back on track in this book. Slightly Tempted tells the story of Morgan Bedwyn, the youngest, most beautiful of the Bedwyn siblings, and the only one who had the fortune of not being afflicted by the famous, prominent Bedwyn nose.

Thirty-year-old Gervase Ashford, the Earl of Rosthorn, has been living in exile on the Continent for the last nine years after being banished fro
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 02-library, 02-audio
I really cannot decide if I like these people

what to do

Series: Yep

Sexy times: A few. But I cannot say there were well done. The first one left me going "What just happened?"

Plan on reading more by the author: Yes - in fact, I'm reading the last book in the series.

Synopsis: So there's some serious history between Gervase and the Duke of Bewcastle who is Morgan's oldest brother. Of course, Morgan is not privy to said history.

She meets G while in Brussels (right? I forgot already) right before the Battle
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, steamy
This was by far my least favorite of the series. I'm sorry, but Gervase starts with Morgan as a means for revenge against Wulf? It's one thing to consider it, to be riveted by the possibility, but it is quite something else to act on that impulse. It's an evil act and not one of those gray-ish evils, either.

But okay, we all have the possibility for the venal and make mistakes we must repent. Only Gervase goes to great and extended effort for this. It is not a passing fancy or weak moment. It's a
Duchess Nicole
This book was great, but the best part was when Wulf hears of Alleyne's misfortune. Priceless. Made me cry, and now I can't wait to get to book six of this series. I'm ready for epic.
Qué dificil ha sido calificar este libro.
Por un lado, es una delicia leer a esta autora. Todas sus historias hacen que te metas de lleno en el contexto y te olvides de que llevas por lo menos dos horas sin parpadear. Pocos son los libros que consiguen ese efecto en mí y solo por eso ya me gustan.
Pero esta novela ha tenido algo que no me ha gustado nada: La protagonista, Morgan.

Así como en el libro anterior la protagonista fue una espina en mi lectura hasta llegar a su libro, en este me ha pasado
Andreia Silva
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Até agora foi esta irmã bedwin que gostei mais. Pelo seu coração doce. Esta irmã, apesar da sua educação e a sua posição social, foi contra tudo e todos e avançou nos cuidados médicos aos soldados feridos da batalha de Waterloo. adorei. chamo a atenção para a personagem de Mrs Clark. A autora claramente usou esta senhora para retratar as muitas mulheres que tinham os seus homens na guerra e que apesar de não terem noticias deles continuaram numa luta diária por aquilo que acreditavam. ajudar o p ...more
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Three and a half stars for this one. Morgan's story. She is the youngest out of the six Bedwyn siblings, but she is mature for her age and an original thinker with a philosophical and artistic side. I like that she isn't sucked in to blind obedience of society's expectations, but at the same time she is a woman of her day and does follow most of the rules. It annoys me to read HRs when the characters are plainly 21st century people just dumped into an historical setting. If you're going to read ...more
Fani *loves angst*
Lady Morgan Bedwyn is in Brussels, mere days before the Waterloo battle. In those days she meets Gervase, Earl of Rosthorn and is charmed by him. His motives though are not pure; he seeks revenge against her brother, the duke, for a wrong done to him ten years ago. A wrong that made his father send him away from England for the rest of his life. So Gervase plans to taint Morgan's reputation as her brother tainted his. But upon getting to know her, he begins to see the real woman underneath and a ...more
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mais uma história da série Bedwyn, desta vez sobre a irmã mais nova, e a mais nova da família também :)

A história de Morgan difere de todas as outras, para começar, porque a maioria da acção é passada fora de Inglaterra, em Bruxelas, perto do local onde se deu a famosa batalha de Waterloo.

Morgan tem 18 anos e acabou de ser apresentada à sociedade. Não é, de todo, a típica menina de cabeça oca, educada para ser uma “senhora” e procurar um bom marido. Morgan é, como mesmo os irmãos perceberam des
Titinha Scaeiro
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mary-balogh
4,5... ^_^
Adorei... Adorei... Só senti falta da saídas da Frey... por isso não dar 5*...
Morgan... Uma menina de 18 anos, tão adulta... Claro que contrabalança o "adulta" com a ingenuidade da própria idade, mas é uma mulher de grande força, que não vira as costas a uma luta, não vira as costas ao que a sua consciência diz e é uma pequena em idade mas grande mulher!
Gervase! Um "libertino" mas será que era assim tão libertino?? Homem que foi traído... E que foi magoado por que ele mais amava, odiav
Gostei muito deste livro! A Morgan é uma personagem interessante, a relação amorosa está bem construída, e gostei especialmente deste livro ter um enquadramento histórico mais directo, com inúmeras referências à Batalha de Waterloo e com algumas personagens envolvidas directamente na batalha.
Fiquei ansiosa por saber o que aconteceu ao Alleyne... Morreu?? Nahhh!!
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, regency
At 21, Gervase Ashford was used as a lady's method of breaking her engagement. He was humiliated, and his father exiled him from England. Gervase spent the next 9 years touring Europe, indulging himself in every debauched pleasure to avoid acknowledging how upset he is. But then, his father dies, leaving him Earl of Rosthorn. Before he can work himself up to returning to England, he comes across Lady Morgan Bedwyn, the youngest sibling of the Duke of Bewcastle. Gervase still blames the Duke for ...more
Jul 14, 2009 rated it liked it
This is yet again one of those books which left me unsure of what to rate it.

In terms of romance, this was certainly a letdown. I found myself annoyed by the hero. He's one of those jaded rakes and often I wondered whether he was serious or not. When push came to shove, I had no clue whether he was actually genuine about his feelings. In addition, I wasn't fond of the revenge and deceit storyline–it made him look so insincere. Josh was all charm and joking in the last book but he was written in
Aly is so frigging bored
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, favorites
2nd read September 2015
Juliana Philippa
Lacking the normal Balogh spark; relationship didn't leap off the page or pull me in as much as I would have liked

SUMMARY (Bedwyn Family, Book 4):
The first half of the book takes place in Brussels after Napoleon has escaped Elba and is trying to make a last stand; the second half takes place in England. Gervase Ashford, Earl of Rosthorn is thirty years old and has not set foot in England for nine years after being banished by his father after a mysterious event (don't want to spoil); all we do k
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Slightly Tempted is definitely my favorite book in Mary Balogh's Bedwyn Saga. I loved it! It reminded me of One Night for Love, the book that initially made me fall in love with Balogh's writing (and the first of two prequels to the Slightly series). Slightly Tempted had a similar very dramatic, very romantic mood as that other novel, and they both have a backdrop of war. Slightly Tempted also reminded me of Gone with the Wind. (The roguish hero is reminiscent of Rhett Butler, and the circumstan ...more
Tempo de Ler
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Com uma escrita polida, que se adequa à época em que decorrem os seus romances, Mary Balogh consegue tirar partido de vários pormenores históricos interessantes, sem tornar a leitura fastidiosa.

Ligeiramente Tentador é, para mim, bastante melhor que o livro anterior, Ligeiramente Escandalosa, já que possui aquilo que mais me agradou nos primeiros livros da saga: permite-nos observar o desabrochar de um amor que vai crescendo, sem pressas, à medida que os protagonistas vão convivendo. Neste caso,
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
I wasn't able to connect with the main characters in this book as I was with the previous ones in the series. For one thing, unless I somehow missed it (which I doubt as I went over the first few chapters) MB never gave a solid description of the H Gervase. The only thing said was that he was tall, of good form, handsome and has silver eyes. Seriously, I need more than that for my visual. I NEED hair color and style.. really I do, at LEAST that.
And again, another fake engagement. While I love
2.5...I am conflicted. On the one hand, I did enjoy the part of the book set in Belgium and the scenes leading up to and after the Battle where we get to see more of an actual friendship develop but on the other I just never really bought into their love story. Revenge plots are not really my thing I think. But I'm chomping at the bit for Wulf's story.
Renae Pérez
I feel like possibly, we all might have an author who is our soulmate. (I actually don’t believe in soulmates, but we’ll go with it.) An author who somehow pulls out all the things on your bookish wishlist and makes them happen for you, and does it with excellent writing, characterization, and charm.

Obviously, Mary Balogh is my soulmate, and Slightly Tempted is yet another glorious success in our ongoing relationship. Honestly, I wasn’t even interested in the book but I read it for the sake of d
Jack Vasen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hated this book. Well, I was going to hate it. I was really angry. I mean it. ANGRY.

This book is about forgiveness. Barlogh speaks eloquently about forgiveness through her characters. And there were other things. I underlined more things in the book than I can remember doing in a long time.

But Gervase was unforgiveable. What really made me angry was the question how could he forgive himself? And then his attitude after the last trick was so flippant.

Morgan. Very interesting. At times my mind
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."

I have often thought how we are all connected and how cause and event leads our lives on the paths they Traverse. I have pondered how I cannot regret things that happened in the past because many of the good things may never have occurred without them, but no story has painted this picture so well as this one.

This is definitely by far my favorite of the Bedwyn stories, both in Emotion and phil
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia de Morgan me ha sorprendido, no me la esperaba para nada así. Gervase es un protagonista con un pasado complejo y duro y aunque al principio no confiaba en él me ha terminado ganando.
Quiero conocer la historia de Wulf.
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I really wish Morgan's book hadn't been about revenge *sigh* I would've enjoyed it so much more without the lying and misunderstandings too. Plus, compared to the other books is wasn't as interesting. I did like the part where she helped the wounded on the war. I cannot wait for Wulfric's book! *_*
Another great story in this series. Gervase is lovely with his French accent and his sweet manners and Morgan is everything we expected her to be during all the series: fierce, determined, a little naive, but altogether lovely.

I enjoyed a lot that the first part of the book happens in Brussels and that their are caught up by the battle of Waterloo and the way this affects their behavior, their priorities and their view of life.

I've missed the Duke of Bewcastle (he appeared very sparsely), but th
Oct 02, 2015 rated it liked it
One of only three books in this series I haven't read 'till now. I liked it, however I have to admit that I didn't finished it or rather I didn't read the whole story.

The reason is that the war is a big part of the story. It makes it dark and sombre. I think I have expected something much lighter, brighter and I wasn't in the mood for anything so serious. Plus, I hate reading about war, every war. As much as I liked the characters and the relationship between them reading about the cruelties of
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series, the more I get to know each of the Bedwyn siblings the more I come to love them! Honestly though, if they were a real life family they would have scared me, they are quite formidable!

This book brought me to tears, twice. It has some sadness in it but the only thing that kept it from being depressing is the fact that you know everything is going to turn out alright in the next book (I peaked at the synopsis!).

The closer I get to the end of this series the more im
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
that was really nice. :)
Bambi Unbridled

The fourth installment of the Bedwyn Saga sees us leaving London and following the youngest sibling to Brussels in the days preceding the Battle of Waterloo. I liked the change of setting for this story, and I particularly enjoyed the time period. It seems that so many historical romances take place just after the Napoleonic Wars have ended, so I enjoyed we got some of the action and emotion of the fighting in this story.

Lady Morgan Bedwyn is the youngest of the family and was fun and vivacious
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More a 3.5 than a solid 4.
I liked it, mostly because of the family interactions, the solid narrative and the serious development of things. The romance didn't feel as strong as the previous ones and the path towards the HEA not always as romantic or addictive to read about.
Still looking for to read the final two!
  • Beyond Seduction (Bastion Club, #6)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
  • To Rescue A Rogue (Company of Rogues, #13)
  • The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4)
  • His Mistress By Morning (Marlow, #1)
  • Lord Perfect  (Carsington Brothers, #3)
Mary Jenkins was born in 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl ...more
More about Mary Balogh...

Bedwyn Saga (6 books)
  • Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1)
  • Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2)
  • Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)
  • Slightly Sinful (Bedwyn Saga, #5)
  • Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
“It was strange how the heart clung to hope even when there was no reasonable basis for it, Morgan found. And how life went on.” 14 likes
“Love does not involve emotions, then?" he asked her with a smile.

"It is not ruled by them," she told him. "Love is liking and companionship and respect and trust. Love does not dominate or try to possess. Love thrives only in a commitment to pure, mutual freedom. That is why marriage is so tricky. There are the marriage ceremony and the marriage vows and the necessity for fidelity -all of them suggestive of restraints, even imprisonment. Men talk of life sentences and leg shackles in connection with marriage, do they not? But marriage out to be just the opposite -two people agreeing to set each other free,”