Start by marking “Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6

Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6 (Death Note: Black Edition #6)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  1,599 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
Killer 2-for-1 value on hit thriller Death Note!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style).

Final Volume--Contains Volumes 11 and 12 of Death Note! Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies
Published November 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
4.5 stars! AHHHHHH!
Series review (combined with an anime series review) will be on my channel in the coming weeks, once I've finished watching the show :)
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, graphicomanga
Perfect way to end the series.
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Death Note originally made it's way into my hands when I was in middle school, more than 10 years ago now. Feeling old, anyone?

Anyway, I was captivated by the series from that moment forward.

This is a staple among Manga-lovers everywhere, and it's not hard to see why!

It's such a smartly written story, chalk full of twists & turns, with a devastating commentary on the definitions of justice & evil.

It suffices to say that I adore this series, & it's concluding installment is one of my
Mel
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's the thing. this is a 4.5/5 star book. I love love love love the way it ended. absolutely the only ending I would have appreciated in this series. But I just can't get over how absolutely sexist this series is so I am giving the series overall 4 stars. There are 2 female characters in this entire series (main players I mean there are family members) and they are both used as props.
So I love this series and will revisit it in the future, but I will admit that there are flaws.
Niyura
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Sublime, ahora acabo de acabar de leer el último capítulo y estoy impactada.
Ha sido un manga sensacional, que comenzó muy fuerte y que desde mi punto de vista se desvió un poco en el transcurso de la historia, pero que vale la pena para poder disfrutar de la última lucha.
Es una historia policial y sobrenatural sobre el bien y el mal.
S.E. Berrow
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There is only one reason, and one reason only why this book is getting 5 stars out of 5.

(view spoiler)
Victoria
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That ending was insane! It was slightly different from how I remembered the anime ending, but it was still very good. I think the ending was perfect because it reiterated exactly what Ryuk had said in the very beginning. Despite the history between the two characters, at the end of the day Ryuk was only there for one reason and one reason only - to cure his boredom at the cost of hundreds of lives.
J.
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Greg
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Interesting finale to the Death Note series with twists and turns almost right up to the end! Happily, Ryuk regains some significance in this volume compared with the last, although perhaps not in quite the humorous way he had throughout much of the series.

I was reluctant to finish this book as the Death Note story would then be at an end. But I suppose all stories must come to an end at some point, just as 'all humans will, without exception, eventually die', according the the Death Note's inst
Estela
I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with the ending...
but beggars can't be choosers right? So I can't complain.
Wish it would've ended at volume 5-6ish though.
Nancy O'Toole
The sixth volume of Death Note: Black Edition is the final book in the highly popular Death Note Manga series. I’m happy to say that Ohba managed to finish things off on a satisfying note, but it doesn’t change the fact that I found this series to be a tad uneven, despite the fact that it has received near universal praise.

I’ll provide my general thoughts on the series below, while keeping things pretty spoiler free for those who haven’t read it yet. If you haven’t even read the first volume, y
Joe Odran Doran
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the first half of this book is kind of a mess. It really gets bogged down in the hyper-complexity that was giving the last two books increasingly serious problems. You know the plot is too convoluted when the main characters are constantly having to monologue in order to ensure that the reader is informed of what is going on.

However, the books hits its climax at about halfway through, and this a really good thing. It means that the overly-complicated narrative can draw to a close quickly and
Amber
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, manga
satisfying because of what becomes of light
Teya Agnese
3.5 Stars - I found myself flicking through some of the chapters as I felt they dragged on a bit... but the ending was brilliant and so unexpected!! I cannot believe that this is over now though. :(
Julie K.
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Et voilà, j'ai enfin fini Death Note. La fin a été à la hauteur de mes espérances et le suspense aura duré jusqu'au bout! J'ai adoré!
Vince
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such a good ending to the series. now all I have to do is rewatch the series and I'll be all caught up for Friday's movie!
Ryan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2000s, japan, manga
The series as a whole was a 5-star read for me. There were a couple of slow spots in the last two volumes but still a great read.
Ali
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4,5/5

the whole series was worth both my money and time just to see Light squirming like the scum he is :')

i'm really satisfied with the end but... Mello deserved better.
Another Geek Boy
I N C R E Í B L E.
Aris
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
Honestly, I was nervous about how they were going to wrap this whole thing up. But I don't think there was a better way to end it!
Zahraa
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chivitouille
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2015

Finalmente se ha terminado.
Este tomo representa un tú por tú entre Light y Near, de los más interesante y curioso, puesto que son dos mentes que se entienden tan bien que se anticipan a los pensamientos del otro, sin embargo, me queda claro que Light resulta ser superior.
Con L contaba con algunos puntos de ventaja y aún así, L podía darle lucha y los dos estaban al mismo nivel, pero el hecho de que hubiesen factores que favorecieran a Light, fue la pérdida de L.
En cambio con Near y Mello, todo e
Karine
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
And thus we bring my adventures with the Death Note manga to a close. What can I say about this series besides the fact that it is fantastic, and it's a staple read for most manga newbies for a reason. I tend to lean towards shoujo manga as I am a relatively young woman and that's the genre aimed at my demographic but Death Note just has something to capture anyone's attention. I loved the twists and turns and how I never knew what was coming. The end was slightly predictable but it was the righ ...more
Aubrie
Luan Ramalho
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Final digno, muito bom!
Guillem Plà Quiles
Perfecto. La historia más compleja que he leído. ¡APASIONANTE!
Giovanna
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
3.75

Vol.1 is still my favourite. I liked the last two volumes, but I wasn't extremely happy with how everything was wrapped up.

RTC.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 7
  • The Adventure of the Yellow Face (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #2)
  • 黒執事 XXII [Kuroshitsuji XXII]
  • Another: 0
  • コープスパーティー BloodCovered 1 [Corpse Party - Blood Covered 1]
  • The Sandman Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Age of Godpunk: Collecting Age of Anansi, Age of Satan and Age of Gaia
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Blood-C, Vol. 01 (Blood-C, #1)
5502079
Tsugumi Ōba (Profile in Japanese: 大場 つぐみ), born in Tokyo, Japan, is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is spe
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Death Note: Black Edition (6 books)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 1