Start by marking “Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 (Dawn of the Arcana, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 (Dawn of the Arcana, #1)

Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01

(Dawn of the Arcana #1)

A medieval fantasy where a princess’s mysterious power alters her fate! Reads R to L (Japanese Style).

Princess Nakaba of Senan is forced to marry Prince Caesar of the enemy country Belquat, tantamount to becoming a hostage. While Caesar is pleasing to the eye, he is also selfish and possessive, telling Nakaba outright: “You are my property.” With only her attendant Loki at
Published December 6th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01, please sign up.
Mariya There is no anime of this manga at all. I believe Jessica is thinking of another anime that is similar, there are two similar animes of girls with red…moreThere is no anime of this manga at all. I believe Jessica is thinking of another anime that is similar, there are two similar animes of girls with red hair with the historical/kingdom setting which is Yona of the Dawn and Snow White with the Red Hair. I do hope Dawn of the Arcana ends of getting an anime in the future though.(less)
Devyn Lynn Cullipher The first three chapters are collected in volume one of this manga. Volume two contains chapters four through seven. That's in the Viz Media versions …moreThe first three chapters are collected in volume one of this manga. Volume two contains chapters four through seven. That's in the Viz Media versions released in the US, mind. Hope that helps. (less)

Start your review of Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 (Dawn of the Arcana, #1)
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell
$6.50 on Kindle, though??? OMG, I hope there's a manga sale soon. This sounds awesome...
Alen
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's talk about the art of Reimei no Arcana, shall we? Can we just take a good look at it and be honest? It's beautiful! And trust me, Rei Toma's stories are worth reading as well. I just have a huge urge to own all of the volumes of Reimei no Arcana... I must collect them all!
My budget is kind of tight though, so I only own the two first volumes, I'll collect them whenever I can anyway ;)

Reimei no Arcana is set in a kind of medieval world with fantasy elements, it is set in two different coun
Roma
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
General Rating: 7/10
Personal Rating: 7/10

It was a nice introduction, very light but intriguing
Eva Najeh
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, own, favorites
I'm a drowning in love right now , and I don't want to be rescued ..
April
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lot of bibliophiles think that manga doesn’t count as reading. I disagree. They’re not the same as novels — they’re a different art form — but regarding the arguments that a story told with just words is better, because it makes you have to think more/imagine more? In a way, perhaps. But for myself, at least, I find that for manga, my brain works differently — not less.

Dawn of the Arcana is a good example of that. Instead of spending so much brain energy on imagining the characters, I’m more a
Lauren
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga

LOVED this opening volume. The artwork is stunning and the story intriguing.

RTC
Patty
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, manga
Sigh. Here comes the love triangle. I kinda want her with Loki though o.O
Maya
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Review for volumes 1 - 3

It is a complete coincidence that I read this one just after Red haired Snow white. They both start out extremely similar, have the same standard art style, yet end up being very different representatives of the "girl manga" genre.

Both have the red-haired main character, in a world where red hair is very rare and said character is chosen to become the concubine of a prince. Dawn of the Arcana is kind of a more mature and darker version, because in this one, the girl, Naka
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
Princess Nakaba of Senan and Prince Caesar of Belquat marry to seal a peace treaty between the 2 nations sharing the same island. Caesar is ready to hate Nakaba before he even really meets her simply because this is a political marriage and she has red hair instead of the royal black. Then he starts to get to know Nakaba and she totally changes his point of view. And he realizes maybe red hair is something special after all...

I actually really bought into Caesar's change of heart. They didn't re
Meagan
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AH! I loved this so so much!! I gotta get the next volumes! <3
Amazing fantasy manga! I feel like I'm going to be obsessed with this series! Haha
Beth
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is dark but interesting.

The story is familiar and holds some cliches. Otherwise, it is pretty original.

There are a few assault scenes (forcing someone to kiss them) part the way through it. I’m not really approving of that relationship. The other love interest seems to have a age gap with the MC but I don’t know how big it is.

The ears on some people are so cute!

Lemme just say the art style is so on point. It’s gorgeous!

Quite compelling.
Dea
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I only liked the art style so far...
Phoenix
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't read a lot of manga or anything to do with anime but I remember this being one of the series that I loved. I binge read 10 of the books and that's coming from someone who doesn't read these type of books a lot but it was so good. That was many many years ago but I am considering maybe reading it again sometime. It was actually quite interesting.
Anoolka
The art is lovely. The characters interesting, the worldbuilding is good too. But I'm clearly rooting for the wrong guy here and it makes me like it less and less, so I'm giving up on this series.
Jenny Clark
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo-beat-manga
I enjoyed the art work, and the story is fairly interesting. I will continue on as soon as I have time!
Kiyana Nishimura
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The manga Dawn of the Arcana was one of Rei Toma's best selling books. It's about a girl with special powers that only a few know about, as she tries to figure them out throughout the story she has to pick between two choices that both outcomes end in a bad way. Along the way she found out to love life, grow, help people, and how she can be strong in her own way.
Rei Toma successfully put together characters, setting, and symbols. Toma put all different kind of characters in the story like princ
Sam
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the start to this series, but I didn't quite love it. There is enough going on to where I am intrigued and I'm looking forward to learning more. But because this is a fantasy style manga, I felt like I needed just a little bit more setup and worldbuilding to really understand some of what was going on; it felt like some details were just skimmed over a little too quickly. Still, I think my fiance and I will both want to continue this series, and since it is a complete series, we don't hav ...more
Amber
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Did not expect to like this one as much as I did. This is a very intriguing story line, which may seem familiar, but is still great. I love the artwork and the characters grow on you fast.
Amanda Setasha Hall
This art style alone is absolutely beautiful.
The story is also insanely interesting and held my attention. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.
Jessica
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2017
A solid start not much else to say, this was very much an introduction to the world.
gabi
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Awh! Okay, I'm already shipping them so hard.
Douha
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved the whole series. TT
Aly
Art style is beautiful, but the backgrounds leave much to be desired. Giving this another few volumes, as I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the story since it's only just begun.
Izz_insane
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that this was the first manga that I have ever read and it was really different, but in a really good way. I was starting to read it as soon as I had got the book from the library, and that was when I had to decipher the ways of reading the manga books. I did know that you were supposed to start from the back but from then I was lost. I finally figured it out on like the third page and then promptly started over again.
I liked the story line; it was very entertaining. I have a fe
Adele
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017-read, reviewed
I took a chance with reading Dawn of the Arcana, and I’m so glad that I did. In the past manga hasn’t been able to hold my interest for very long. With reading the Dawn of the Arcana though, I feel like everything was aligned since I blew through reading the story so quickly. I love the fantasy element to this manga. I really, really do. The art is interesting, as well as the storyline.

I liked getting to know the three main characters, Arcana, Loki, and Caesar and hope to learn more about everyo
Lynanne Carroll
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
**This review is for the entire series. I started just adding the first volume from manga titles because, well, do you realize just how many volumes of One Piece there are?!**

Oh, man. Reimei no Arcana did me in. (Seriously. I think I cried every single time I read a *chapter* of this manga!)

It is such an incredible manga! Again, saddest storyline in the history of, well, ever, but incredible nonetheless. Why, you ask? The artwork is stunning. The characters are gripping. The plot is an entire pa
Carolina
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of my fave series of all time! I adore the story and the artwork! I feel like the characters are so great in the arcs that they go through and the fantasy elements are refreshingly creative. The amount of drama was just right and so was the adventure.

The only place where this manga faltered was in the ending. It was very rushed and awkward and kind of left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. With all the work that went into crafting this story, I don't understand how the ending could be so s
Michael (Mai)
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rei Toma is my favorite mangaka. I read this long ago while it was being serialized in Japan and fell in love instantly. Re-reading this today made me really happy.

Caesar is a douche but he actually has redeeming qualities unlike most every other "touch" male character in shojo manga. I really think that in the end they can have a happily ever after.

I'm excited how all this really ends since I left after only a few volumes came out in Japan.
Marco
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Just a typical love story!
It's nothing special about it and so the main character loves two boys or something like that.
I switched the last 20 pages, caus it was too much of "Oh my God, I Love him." The past is so horrible bla bla bla.

I'm glad that I don't bought it.

And I don't like the way how the author painted..just like a little kid..sorry! Not mine!
Sara
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh now this is intriguing...political intrigue in a fantasy realm, arranged marriage between a poor but powerful country and a rich but corrupt one, magical half human half animal guys, broody princes who don't immediately try to rape the heroine, tough but gentle heroine with an iron backbone and a good heart!!! Count me in!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Shoujo Manga Book...: Dawn of the Arcana Discussion 13 58 Sep 12, 2016 05:55PM
She-Geeks: Dawn of Arcana 9 31 May 20, 2013 02:07PM

• 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 01
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 (Kamisama Kiss, #1)
  • Love So Life 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • 暁のヨナ 1 [Akatsuki no Yona 1] (Yona of the Dawn, #1)
  • 水神の生贄 2 [Suijin no Hanayome 2] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #2)
  • 水神の生贄 4 [Suijin no Hanayome 4] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #4)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • 水神の生贄 5 [Suijin no Hanayome 5] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #5)
  • 水神の生贄 6 [Suijin no Hanayome 6] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #6)
  • 水神の生贄 3 [Suijin no Hanayome 3] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #3)
  • 水神の生贄 1 [Suijin no Hanayome 1] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #1)
  • 水神の生贄 7 [Suijin no Hanayome 7] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #7)
  • 水神の生贄 9 [Suijin no Hanayome 9] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #9)
  • 水神の生贄 8 [Suijin no Hanayome 8] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #8)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 1
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1 (Stepping on Roses, #1)
Rei Toma (Japanese: 藤間 麗,Tōma Rei) has been drawing since childhood, but she only began drawing manga because of her graduation project in design school. When she drew a short-story manga, "Help me dentist" (ヘルプ me デンティスト), it attracted a publisher's attention and she made her debut right away. Her magnificent art style became popular, and after she debuted as a manga artist, she became known as a ...more

Dawn of the Arcana (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 02 (Dawn of the Arcana, #2)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 03 (Dawn of the Arcana, #3)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 04 (Dawn of the Arcana, #4)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 05 (Dawn of the Arcana, #5)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 6 (Dawn of the Arcana, #6)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 7 (Dawn of the Arcana, #7)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 08 (Dawn of the Arcana, #8)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 09 (Dawn of the Arcana, #9)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 10
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 11 (Dawn of the Arcana, #11)

News & Interviews