Start by marking “The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3)

The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets

(Enola Holmes #3)

Everyone knows Dr. Watson is Sherlock Holmes' right-hand man—so when he goes missing, it's a shock. Even Sherlock hasn't, well, the slightest clue as to where he could be. Enola is intrigued, but wary; she's still hiding from her older brothers—and getting involved could be disastrous.

But when a bizarre bouquet shows up at the Watson residence, full of convolvulus, hawtho
Published 2008 by Penguin Philomel

Start your review of The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3)
Betsy
Dec 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Sweet god, how I love these books! Sorry. That’s not something a professional reviewer should start off by saying is it? I should probably be coy about my opinions. I should couch my language with faint praise saying sniffy little things like, “It seems that Ms. Springer has truly found an oeuvre that will suit some out there”. My review would nod its head at her other books and series and then end with constructive criticism along the lines of, “Certainly children in search of mysteries will ha ...more
Kathryn
Apr 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, british, ya
(More like 3.5 STARS; though I did enjoy it, I think the stellar audiobook narration enhanced it and I might have been a bit bored at times were I simply reading this.)

Who knew fronds of an asparagus plant could be so sinister!?!?!

Enola Holmes is back to solve her third mystery, this one close to her heart as dear Dr. Watson has gone missing! Her brother Sherlock is on the case, but things look grim when Watson's medical bag turns up and the shrewd Mr. Holmes is at a loss for where to look next.
༺Kiki༻
If you liked this book, you might also enjoy:

Flavia de Luce series
Sally Lockhart series
Oyinda
I enjoyed this audiobook and the narrator, Katherine Kellgren has been making this series very enjoyable for me.

I can't give a very detailed review of this book because I've been binging books 3-6 of this series and now they're all a blur.

In this book, Dr Watson is missing and it was fun to see Enola and Sherlock trying to solve the mystery of his disappearance, not working together. I loved seeing Enola apply her vast knowledge of the language of flowers to solve this one.

As always, I love Enol
Bekah
Springer definitely hit her stride with this one. Curious to see if this improving trend will carry on through the rest of the series. This case was curious and exciting, introducing even more Holmesian canon, with the significant cameos of Dr. Watson and his wife Mary. I found myself laughing, gasping a few times, as well as cringing in shock and disgust when the story reached its peak. Good fun, just as the others. As of right now, my favorite.
Lydia
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So so so good!!!!!!
Annette
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My entire weekend is gonna be Sherlocked! I read a Sherlock YA retelling this morning already, I'm planning to read another one tomorrow morning and after the finish of La Vuelta I had enough time to devour this lovely third installment in the Enola Holmes series. After the first book seemed a little unspectacular, especially compared to the movie, the second book certainly made up for that. I was therefore quite curious what the third book would bring!

And this book was amazingly cool from start
kartik narayanan
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Watch the review on Youtube
Hear the review on my Podcast
Read the full review at my blog Digital Amrit

tl;dr: The ‘Enola Holmes’ books are an engaging, entertaining and empowering take on the Holmes mythos which will be a hit with girls in their tweens.

This series is a set of six short books set from the perspective of Sherlock Holmes’s younger sister, Enola Holmes. The series starts with their mother disappearing on Enola’s fourteenth birthday. Mycroft and Sherlock are not interested in pursuing
Lata
Dear Enola bends her ferocious intellect and perceptiveness to a case that that elicits her immediate interest and concern. Doctor John Watson is missing, and no one knows what has happened to him.
Dropping in on Mary Watson as a first step in her investigation, Enola, suitably costumed as a beautiful young lady, determines what few facts are known, notices an odd arrangement of flowers on a nearby table (people have sent flowers in sympathy), and narrowly misses being recognized by her brother S
Cathy
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Still a very charming series, all the more so because of it's dark edge. It always works that Enola is successful despite the large age difference between her and Sherlock because Sherlock overlooks the female arts. Would the "real" Sherlock have done that? Who knows? But this Sherlock is clearly characterized and consistent and it works that he wouldn't notice or take seriously things like the flowers in a bouquet, or the corset and bustle in the first book, etc. It gives Enola an ad ...more
R.J. Sorrento
This was a fun, fast read. Cozy mystery and Enola Holmes is a bit of a snob but clever and funny to follow on her adventures. I’ll definitely read more of these middle grade mysteries when I need a break from heavier material.
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
Book #9 for Believathon, November 2020: Read a mystery

I wasn't too keen on the second book in the Enola Holmes series, so I'm happy to say that I enjoyed this third book a lot more! The mystery was interesting and I adore Enola, and how resourceful and smart she is.

Jamie Dacyczyn
A continuation of this light, entertaining series. Katherine Kellgren's audio narration is definitely a highlight. ...more
Kim
Springer yet again brings her A-game in this third installment of the Enola Holmes series. When her brother's good friend and colleague, Dr. Watson, vanishes without a trace, and disturbing messages are left in flowers at the Watson home, Enola decides to involve herself in the investigation to bring the jovial doctor home.

My love for this series continues to grow. I love that Enola is clever in her own right, and how her knowledge and view of the world allows her to see things that her brothers
BookSweetie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
How I love this series featuring Enola Holmes, the spunky, resourceful, brave, rebellious, kind-at-heart, and oh-so-clever younger sister of Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes!

In the opening of THE CASE OF THE BIZARRE BOUQUETS (#3) the beloved Dr. John Watson has gone missing.

Watson is beloved by his lovely wife and Sherlock, of course, but unknown even to Watson, beloved from afar by Enola Holmes who first met Watson in an earlier book when she was disguised as Ivy Meschle, secretary to a non-exi
Sarah Sammis
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets by Nancy Springer opens with John Watson going missing. Enola, meanwhile, feels she must close up shop because her brothers have gotten to close to finding her. She has no desire to let them run her life. But there's a new threat she needs to think about, the mad house, where women are being sent who don't play by Victorian rules.

Despite her own fears and joblessness, Enola decides to investigate Watson's disappearance. With the help of the disguise shop she know
Wealhtheow
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Enola Holmes, the younger sister of Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, has set herself up as a consulting detective. When she hears that Dr.Watson is missing, she dives into the investigation. Her only clue is that Mrs.Watson has been receiving strange bouquets.

Enola is a wonderful heroine, smart, resourceful, and gutsy. I love watching her skills develop and her relationship with Sherlock shift.
Ozana Ozzy
Enola settled in London under the false name Ivy Meshle constantly worried will her brothers find her and send her away to asylum or boarding school.
When Dr. Watson disapiered Enola did all in her power to unveil mistery behind his disapirence, always looking over her shoulder, with help of her talent for disguise, to stay hiddend from her brotheres and world.
Susan
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2013
Terrific story with an interesting mystery and more of the family dynamics in this Enola outing. It is fun to read how she comes up with all these costumes and disguises to fool those around her, much like her brother Sherlock!

Am looking forward to the next story in this fun series.
Jenna
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
A fun fast read that was amusing.
Paul Weiss
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, young-adult
A charming series continues to grow!

Nancy Springer is finding her stride. Far from being derivative, Springer has effectively used the fame and atmosphere of the much-loved Holmes canon as a springboard to develop her Enola Holmes character, Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes' younger sister, and to create a series that is exciting, entirely innovative, appealing and quite capable of standing on its own literary merit ... thank you very much!

Beginning with the very first mystery in the series, THE CASE
Catherine
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Let me out," he demands for perhaps the hundredth time. "I am an Englishman! Such treatment of a British citizen simply cannot be tolerated." While his tone is angry, he doesn't curse, she'll give him that; even at his worst, when he fought with the keepers, when he blackened the director's eye, even then he hadn't cursed. Nor does he now, only complaining vehemently. "Let me out. I demand my right as a loyal subject of the queen. Let me out of this confounded coffin, I say!"

Mixing things up, M
Caitlin
In the third mystery starring Miss Enola Holmes, Enola finds out about the disappearance of her brother Sherlock's right hand man, Dr. Watson and, having had her own interaction with the gentle doctor, decides to try to find him herself. This puts Enola in the greatest danger yet as Sherlock is also investigating the mystery but luckily for her, Sherlock has a bit of a blindspot when it comes to ladies and Enola deftly manages to work under his nose. But she'll have to work quickly as Watson's m ...more
Jan Priddy
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one, even seeing how it would work out. I hope my granddaughter (9) loves these short books about a gutsy, thinking girl. Enola finally forgives her mother midway through this one. I was glad of that, and also glad it took her a while. There is a great deal of interesting history here, more than I suspect a young reader can absorb at once. But it's a good start for readers today.

I figured out history by reading novels written in earlier periods. They are "quieter" than what most re
C.J. Milbrandt
Enola Holmes only met her brother Sherlock's friend and chronicler a few times, but she was favorably impressed by his kind manner and fatherly air. So when Dr. Watson goes missing, she decides to find him.

Cyphers and the language of flowers. False names and false lashes. Spotlights and rooftops. Asparagus and laurels. I'm wholly enthralled with this series. Quick-paced and clever. Absolutely a favorite!
C.A.
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
A quick read and between a 3.5 and 4 stars. I enjoyed my second visit with dear Enola, younger sister to Sherlock Holmes, who ran from her two famous brothers and their plans to make her a lady and marry her off. She gets word that Dr. Watson has gone missing, even Sherlock can’t seem to find him, and feeling a debt to him, Enola starts an investigation. Visiting Mrs. Watson in disguise, she gets a clue when she notices a very strange bouquet of flowers. I loved that because the clues were “femi ...more
☼Book her,   Danno☼

The premise of this book is wonderful. Dr. Watson is missing!

And we're told right from the beginning where the dear man is, and though I'm not a particular fan of this method of storytelling, where important information is given to the reader at the beginning, I must say that it worked brilliantly in this case. Poor Dr. Watson. I was creeped out and worried.

Although I remain a fan of the series, and Nancy Springer's ability to bring London and Doyle's style alive, I did feel as if 'the discover
Maggie Anton
This book is definitely the most bizarre and creepy of the 5 Enola Holmes books I've read. But the mystery is good and, with a murder involved this time, the stakes are higher. Younger YA readers may find this one is a little too gruesome, but it's nice that Enola finally gets credit from her brother Sherlock. ...more
Robin Pelletier
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Enola is coming into her own in this novel. She’s finally making a name for herself and earning the respect of her brother Sherlock. With a little boost to her ego, she solves a major case that was near to Sherlock’s heart. Mycroft is still insufferable. I’ve been cheering for Enola to stick it to the patriarchy.
Fran
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have read three other books in this series and have enjoyed each and everyone. So much fun and Enola, Sherlock Holmes' sister, is an unexpected delight with each twist and turn of the mystery. Great selection for those parents searching for strong, well developed female main characters. Win, win, win. ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: #14 The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets 1 3 Feb 22, 2015 07:35PM

• The Serpent's Curse (The Copernicus Legacy, #2)
  • The Golden Vendetta (The Copernicus Legacy, #3)
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady
  • Peppermints in the Parlor (Peppermints, #1)
  • Murder on Cold Street (Lady Sherlock, #5)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Enola Holmes: The Case of the Missing Marquess
  • The Antidote For Everything
  • The Lost Gutenberg: The Astounding Story of One Book's Five-Hundred-Year Odyssey
  • The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Greta and the Giants
  • The Lady and the Highwayman (The Dread Penny Society #1)
  • Danger Goes Berserk (Brixton Brothers, #4)
  • Assassin (Lady Grace Mysteries, #1)
  • The Expeditioners and the Treasure of Drowned Man's Canyon (The Expeditioners, #1)
See top shelves…

BIO -- NANCY SPRINGER

Nancy Springer has passed the fifty-book milestone, having written that many novels for adults, young adults and children, in genres including mythic fantasy, contemporary fiction, magical realism, horror, and mystery -- although she did not realize she wrote mystery until she won the Edgar Allan Poe Award from the Mystery Writers of America two years in succession. DARK LIE

Enola Holmes (7 books)
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1)
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (Enola Holmes, #2)
  • The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan (Enola Holmes, #4)
  • The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5)
  • The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6)
  • Enola Holmes and the Black Barouche (Enola Holmes, #7)