Start by marking “Green Lantern Corps, Volume 8: The Weaponer” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern Corps, Volume 8: The Weaponer

Green Lantern Corps, Volume 8: The Weaponer

(Green Lantern Corps (2006) #8)

The Qwardian known as The Weaponer has been constructing a shield from the remaining traces of the White Lantern Energy and has a mean vendetta against Sinestro - and the reason why will shock you! For his retribution, The Weaponer's targeting Sinestro's daughter, Soranik Natu. But first he'll have to get through Kyle Rayner.In this volume the Green Lantern Corps is caught ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 8

Brian
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ending ruined it.
William Thomas
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
One of the weakest stories to come out of the Brightest Day (which makes this an infant with hemophilia). The only redeeming quality is the artwork.

Grade: D-
Sean
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GL fans!
Another new villain is introduced and is part of Sinestro's backstory and its done really well. The Weaponer is smart, strong, and has a compelling reason for his actions. Seeing the Corps have to be creative to fight a war without breaking a truce was interesting. The ending and subplot involving the next arc were really good. Tyler Kirkham's art is sketchier than most GL artists but it worked well. Overall, another very good read.
Christian Kotsur
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Green Lantern is one of those sub par heroes for myself, I have never been able to engage with the character. However I found myself completely sucked into this volume and finished it within a sitting. Lots of action packed sequences and gorgeous artwork. 4/5
Wing Kee
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I good start and a wonky finish.

I really like this arc when it started, it played with a lot of history and also had some nice character dynamics but yeah the end is a bit too convenient for my taste.

World: The art is great, I liked the power of the rings, the constructs and the facial expressions. This is a story that is about emotions and the facial expressions needed to come through in the art and it did, great stuff. The world building here is great, it calls back to the lore of Sinestro and
Jessica
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic_novel
I've recently spent some time catching up on the pre-New 52 GLC trades, and although I've enjoyed all of them, this one is probably my favorite for several reasons:

- Great characters
The Weaponer is a fantastic character, and I was impressed with how much depth Bedard was able to give him in such a limited amount of time. His motivations are clear, and his actions make sense given the circumstances. He might be a bad guy, but I was pulling for him, which made the ending even sadder. It was also g
Emmett Spain
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
A ripping, action-packed tale to add to the Green Lantern collection, this story serves as a minor aside before the upcoming War of the Green Lanterns story. It's essentially a very simple tale--the Weaponer who created Sinestro's yellow power ring now seeks revenge by kidnapping his Green Lantern daughter Soranik Natu--and an excuse to ignite some fist fights and ring slinging action. That said, the simple story is handled well, with strong writing and dynamic art. Tyler Kirkham & Matt Bann ...more
Kevin Knowles
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, green-lantern
This is solid story about an old ally that Sinestro betrayed coming back for revenge. The Weaponer forged Sinestro's original power ring with the promise that Sinestro would help his people. So, the Weaponer kidnaps Soranik Natu, Sinestro's daughter, and girlfriend of Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. The battle ensues from there as John Stewart, Ganthet, Boodikka, and Hannu face the Weaponer, his people and the entire Sinestro Corps to get Sora back.

This was a much more interesting storyline than the
M
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
The Green Lantern Corps finds themselves caught in the crossfire in this Brightest Day installment of their self-titled series. The Weaponer from Qward, who crafted Sinestro's first ring, seeks revenge on the former Lantern for his planet's disgrace. With Sinestro's daughter held prisoner, Kyle Rayner and the Lanterns must battle the ever-prepared Weaponer to free their Lantern comrade, then side with him and the Qwardians against an invasion force of the Sinestro Corps. Tony Bedard's attempt to ...more
Adam Whitlatch
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1_comics
I like the weaponer character, he's at least a little interesting, and I like that Sinestro's ring's origin is taken further. That's about it though for positives.

Soranik becomes a damsel in distress, the Green Lantern Corps and and Sinestro Corps fight each other, circumventing a supposed truce between the two by not actually using their rings. Kyle lampshades the ridiculousness of it, but that doesn't justify the ridiculous premise.

Very little character development. Overall, this did feel like
Kyle
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dcu
The worst of all the GL Brightest day tie-ins. I simply can not believe that the events in this collection will amount to anything in the grand view of the GL story arc. A waste of Sinestro's time.... One of the greatest of the DC super villains, and a set up with so much potential (he's going to save his daughter!); but, nothing gets played with... No ret-con, to character growth, nothing insightful to his personality whatsoever! And then there's a Firestorm cameo!!!! Über-lame. Über, über-lame ...more
Shannon Appelcline
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Another solid GLC story that pays good attention to its massive cast. The return of the Qwards and the Weaponeer is certainly the high spot. When the Sinestro Corps show up, the whole attention to the colors of the rainbow gets a little old.
Matt
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: green-lantern
Bedard's Corps run is a lot better than his New Guardians run has been, and he introduces an interesting character here. I love the expansion on backstory that gets introduced, and he uses the tension between Rayner and Sinestro to great effect.
TJ Shelby
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc
I'm honestly shocked by the number of 2 and 3 star reviews that this has received. I really enjoyed it. I'm also very impressed with Tony Bedard. This is a brilliantly carved story focusing around the Weaponer of Qward who forged Sinestro's original yellow ring for him.
Shahriar Shafin
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Deserves 2 stars. Gave extra 2 just for the art. It's, mesmerizing.
Awale Ismail
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Eye-ravishing art, and a decent ish story... Kyle Rayner's dialogue seemed wack and out of place whilst some of the characterization seemed of to me but eh... Decent stuff.
Koen
Aug 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Great guy, this weaponer ;) wtf was up with that ending! Totally didn't see that coming..
Arturo
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Weaponer, Sinestro Corps, Firestorm.
Nicolas
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm usually not too crazy about theses Corps books, but this was actually really enjoyable. I thought the Weaponer was a cool character, and I much prefer Kyle to Guy as a protagonist.
Eric
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this side story to Brightest Day very much. The Weaponer was a cool character and the story kept me engaged.
Scott
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dc, graphic-novels, own
I really liked the Weaponer storyline and the Weaponer as a character is way cool! One of my favorite story-arcs so far in the GL Corps books.
Scribblescribe
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was alright.
John Yelverton
Sep 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Whereas this was another great Green Lantern story, I find it hard to believe that the Weaponers would have taken this long to rebel or seek revenge against Sinestro.
Eric Mikols
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: green-lantern
This volume was just plain solid. I really like this title and I hope the jump to the New 52 doesn't ruin it.
Rocky Sunico
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 1: To Be a Lantern
  • Superman: The Black Ring Vol. 1
  • Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 1

Green Lantern Corps (2006) (10 books)
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 1: To Be a Lantern