Start by marking “By the Light of the Moon (Moonlight Breed, #2)” as Want to Read:
By the Light of the Moon (Moonlight Breed, #2)

By the Light of the Moon (The Moonlight Breed #2)

[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters] Wildly flamboyant and proud of it, Keeton Taylor knows he's a bit much for most men. Logan is everything he’s ever dreamed of in a partner, but learning they are destined mates throws him for a loop. Forever is a huge commitment. Logan has spent years searching for his mate. He never imagin ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about By the Light of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By the Light of the Moon

P
Jul 15, 2015 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Total rating : 3 Stars

By the Light of the Moon make me breathless and I actually like this book.
This book is sexy,steamy and burning me alive.I also love Logan althrough he came with his ex-girlfriend's issue as book one that Braxton did with his ex-boyfriend.
Logan has the ability to set everything on fire.He can make readers melt with his speech and seduction,in other words,he surprised me with his dominance to control his mate that quivering my heart again and again.

After two books,I need to s
Emma Sea
Nov 01, 2012 Emma Sea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
i was really enjoying it but then there was just too much sex and i started getting bored
Rebecca
Yes! By the Light of the Moon, the second book in the Moonlight Breed series, is just as strong as the first and continues along a solid storyline. Danielle brings more fabulous characters into focus, revisiting previous characters and introducing a few new ones in this m/m shifter love story that bursts with love, humor and a smidge of suspense.

It’s love at first sight when Logan and Keeton meet at a party. Unfortunately Logan has his girlfriend Mariah on his arm and is forced to control his in
Mona
Sep 22, 2015 Mona rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
2.5
Zabree
Apr 25, 2011 Zabree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Zabree by: zabreeDani@gmail.com
2.5 because this is the second try and the conflict should have been better executed
I always come from reading Gabrielle Evans books thinking that the conflict and it's resolution are soft. Did she paint herself into a corner....in the literary sense? The climax is somewhat silly and not very believable. Did anyone else wonder about the sedative?

(view spoiler)
Karen K
*3-3.5 stars* I enjoyed this second book in the series. Keeton and Logan are a sweet couple and the ex-girlfriend was truly terrifying. The plot was unique and held my attention and I really liked getting to know the other characters in the "family" as well. I look forward to more in the series.
Honey
Apr 10, 2011 Honey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy-shifters
The second book in the Moonlight Breed series features Keeton, Braxton’s best friend, and Logan, a snow leopard shifter. Keeton and Logan meet at Xander’s surprise birthday party and from the first moment Logan sets eyes on him he knows he’s finally met his mate. There is a problem however, Logan has a girlfriend who he has taken with him to the party. Needless to say, she isn’t very happy about being broken up with and is willing to do anything to keep him.

There were times in this book where e
Paloma Beck
Apr 04, 2012 Paloma Beck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Heather♥
Apr 18, 2011 Heather♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though Keeton wasn't as flamboyant here as he was in book 1 (I missed his tiara and Superman thong), he's still one of my favorite characters in this series. With Logan's love and support I was glad Keeton could still feel free to be himself with his makeup, nail polish and sexy clothes. And Keeton was also willing to hand over the control Logan needed and craved in the bedroom so their relationship clearly made them both happy campers. Their drama queen/caveman personalities were also bala ...more
Shell
Feb 09, 2011 Shell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarina
I enjoyed the continuation of this series but I liked the first book more. After the great story in the first novel, I was really expecting more of the same here but, sadly, the author went back to the easy shifter insta-love without a great deal of conflict with this one. It was nice seeing the continuation of the story and I also liked the additional paranormal elements, especially since they open up more options for later books in the series, but I really wanted more story and less sex. There ...more
LutaWolf
May 29, 2011 LutaWolf rated it liked it
Candace
Oct 04, 2013 Candace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes because I loved Keeton in the first one but this book did not deliver. Keeton wasnt what I expected. I usually LOVE flamboyant twinks their fun and witty and capricious but he was just immature with the name calling and punching. There were so many inconsistencies in the story which could have easily been fixed with proper editing not to mention that lame as explanation at the end that explained why Keeton and Braxton didnt go insane. The theory was literally them just saying 'J ...more
Serena Yates
Jan 27, 2011 Serena Yates rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
This was a solid second book in the series. Keeton is back as a main character and ends up paired with Logan.

Keeton is very outgoing, flamboyant and says what he thinks. Logan falls for him, but unfortunately he has a girlfriend who keeps interfering. By the time he finally manages to stand up to her and finds out who she really is, a lot of damage has been done. Not to mention that the way they decide to get rid of her tested not just the main characters, but my patience as well.

I liked the sus
adrienne
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the
Christy Duke
Woo Hoo! I knew Keeton's story was going to be awesome and I was right! The world that Gabrielle Evans has created is far more than I expected it to be and in no way does it drag or drop my interest.
Keeton and Logan are insanely hot, but oh so sweet together. Their love story s very romantic and sexy. I love Keeton with his eyeliner, nail polish, waxed eyebrows, etc. and Logan is so sexy but yet very vulnerable emotionally. They are really great to watch together and the story/plot is a really g
Kizmet
Half way through the book and I got extremely bored. Too much sex, not enough plot. I just lost interest and skimmed the last 60 pages. The beginning started so well but it soon lost its appeal. I found there was a time line issue in regards to the story overall flow. I think this book could have been better if some editing was done and with about 50 pages worth of writing could have been taken out which would have made this story feel more streamline and relatable.
Tj
Jun 06, 2011 Tj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Another good book in the Moonlight Breed series. Keeton was so outrageous. Logan loves him. It's so good to see a love that gives each of the people envolved what they need. Keeton brought juoy and purpose for Logan. Logan gave Keeton some "grounding". I think most important was that each gave the other the acceptance and love of another both were sorely in need of:)
~SexyBookWorm~
I really liked Keeton as a character and was looking forward to his story and learning abt him. The book seemed slightly longer than was necessary. Some aspects were over explored where other more interesting ones were barely glossed over. I suppose that would depend on what is interesting to you add a reader but this is just my opinion.
Crissy Morris
Keeton has long been one of my favorite characters in this series. And this is where his story begins. I love his and Logan's story. It's fun and sweet and so, so hot. It's great from beginning to end.

The characters (all of them) are amazing, the story is exciting, and this world continues to grow and hold my interest. I love it all.
Skye Blue
2 1/2

Enjoyable Vegi book.

The ex-girlfriend waiting patiently till the last moment to execute her plan of attack?
Why wouldn't she make a try daily for the almost week she was still in heat? She barely made any effort at all...and then just fell for the trap on the last day. Sound off.

But, I did like the characters, and for most of the book it was quite enjoyable.
Janelle
I loved Keeton and Logan in this. Keeton and Braxton's antics are hilarious in this. I found myself laughing out loud a lot and I love books that can do that. Keeton wasn't just some weak sounding guy. He had his strengths and made sure that Logan knew about them. Logan was a good pairing for him.
Sair
May 23, 2011 Sair rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
lovable characters, good story, half a step above fluff.

The writing is of better editorial quality than Joyee, but the style is similar.
No real peripheral character development and no subplot.
The story was solid and well written and the dialogue was well done.

I will read this whole series, no matter how far it goes, it's good fun.

Meg Elisabeth
DNF @ page 81

I'm just giving up. Honestly, the same thing - with slight variations - has happened for like the fifth time and I'm just over it. The characters are all likeable enough, but there has been zero development for any of them, and no reason (other than insta-love mating) for the mains to be together.

I'm only giving this the second star because I don't despise it.
Rachel Emily
Fun read, I really liked Keeton and Logan, and it was nice to see all the previous characters back as well. I liked this more than the first book and thought the plot was well done and interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in the series!
Lilah
Dear God, I just hope this model get enough profit from all those book covers. I open my fridge and he literally jumps out of it.
Stephanie
Carolyn88
Dec 29, 2011 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, shifter
another great series. I love shifter books. Very good author. Gets the reader involved with the story.
  • Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack #3)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Blood Prince (Wolf Creek Pack #4)
  • Remus (Marius Brothers #2)
  • Angel Kin (His Guardian Angels, #3)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

The Moonlight Breed (10 books)
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed #1)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed #3)
  • Softly Spoken Lies (Moonlight Breed #4)
  • Endless Midnight (Moonlight Breed #5)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • From This Moment (Moonlight Breed #7)
  • Leap in the Dark (Moonlight Breed #8)
  • Jaded (Moonlight Breed #9)
  • Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed #10)