Start by marking “Turbocharged: Accelerate Your Fat Burning Metabolism, Get Lean Fast and Leave Diet and Exercise Rules in the Dust” as Want to Read:

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
TurboCharged By Dian Griesel, Ph.D. and Tom Griesel According to these boomer-generation authors, every diet to date is destined to deliver loss of lean muscle mass, moodiness, disappointment and failure. Instead, Dian and Tom provide an exciting new roadmap using a unique 8-step program that has been called "the Holy Grail of Fat Loss" and even the "Fountain of Youth." Bu ...more
Published March 21st 2011 by Business School of Happiness Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Turbocharged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turbocharged

Jim
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm approaching 70 years old, and I've been overweight since my mid-teenage years. I've tried a number of weight loss plans and had success, but the pounds always returned. Last year, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, which has motivated me more than any other factor to lose weight and live a healthier life. When the author emailed me to request a review of "TurboCharged," I was happy to oblige.

The author claims that the TurboCharged program will outperform any other diet or exercise plan. T
Nanci Arvizu
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: page-readers
TurboCharged
Dian Griesel, Ph.D. & Tom Griesel

As a reviewer, I get certain genre(s) in cycles. Right now I am in the Health/Weight Loss genre cycle.

In the past 4 months, I’ve read 4 books on these subjects. One was actually more about mental health but physical health plays a role in that area, so the book reached out in that directions too.

But TurboCharged by siblings Dian Griesel, Ph.D. and Tom Griesel is one I would call a stand out. In the introduction, the first statement is very bold, “
Vivian
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
I don't think that this book qualifies as a diet book per se. The authors present their philosophy or method towards weight loss. They do present dietary guidelines, but insist that they don't focus on caloric restrictions and exercise regimes. Their approach is basically an eight step approach to achieving weight loss and boosting the metabolism or "turbocharging" the body.

I have problems with this approach for numerous reasons. First the authors presume that everyone that is obese or overweigh
Bj Gaskill
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So, yes I know right now you are looking at this and going " OH...Yea another freakin DIET BOOK...time to click to the next blog" Please don't yet. Give me a second or two (well maybe four since I tend to babble)
I decided to give this book a chance since I've been down the road of Lord knows how many diets and healthy eating life styles and got NO WHERE. So I thought what was one more book to say I was fat and doing everything wrong. Little did I realize that this book didn't get on my case for
AlterLiv444
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Love this book. It is life saver for me. I gained 30lb after giving birth. I really had hard time to lose my weight and had crazy food craving at late night. I was a slave of food and could not control myself. Now i am doing the steps mentioned in the book. I have lost 7lb on day 8. It is amazing. The biggest thing is i don't have craving for food anymore. I am full of energy and feel happy and clear. I am really lucky that i find this book. It is amazing. The book is very well written and very ...more
Monica H at the Readathon
Wow! I'm the first reviewer. I gave it 3 stars because I did like it. It's well written and easy to understand. The concept is very different, but they claim 100% success rate. If it works it could help a lot of people. I'm not ready to follow it all the way, but I have implemented some of their suggestions.
Stephanie
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Life changing for me.
Sandra VonniessenApplebee
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it. Of all the many books I read it seemed most practical. You really to own it as a resource though to remember the details.
Bagiya
May 19, 2011
Theresa
Oct 09, 2013
Jennifer Suszek
rated it did not like it
Oct 23, 2012