Start by marking “Circle of Gold” as Want to Read:
Circle of Gold

Circle of Gold (The Men of Medicine Ridge #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  814 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Sparks flew the moment Kasie Mayfield arrived at Gil Callister's sprawling Montana ranch to temporarily care for his two adorable daughters. Yet never in her wildest dreams did the innocent young woman imagine that her formidable new boss would sweep her off her feet with his potent charm. Before long, she was so deeply in love that it made her heart ache. But how did "he" ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 184 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Gold

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jo
Gil Callister/Kasie Mayfield-he was a rich rancher, widowed and had two little girl's she got the job as his secterary on the ranch and she fell in love with him right away but he wasn't looking for a wife but his girlfriend didn't like Kasie so she did everthing that she could to keep them apart but the girl's like Kasie and they begged their father to let Kasie become their Nanny which he did finally which kept them together most of the time till he couldn't fight his feeling or his desire til ...more
Kaycee ❤️
It was an okay read. The book was a little predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. For the most part I enjoyed the book. What I liked best was the immediate connection Kasie shared with Gil's daughters, Bess and Jenny.

I also loved Gil's relationship with his daughters. You can see how much he loves them and will do anything for his babies. The attraction between Gil and Kasie makes good reading and you'll enjoy the journey.

Overall, I enjoyed this story for what it was.
mad4rombks
Another reread. I always think the hero is completely brainless when it comes to the conniving secretary who wants him and will do anything to get him, even destroying (or trying to destroy) the heroine in her path to get to him. Always want to shake them and say ARE YOU BLIND, YOU FOOL!? UGHH.
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I like Diana Palmer novels a little too much. I seem to start, and 30 minutes later, I'm done! YIKES!
Jenny
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent boss-secretary love story but I didn't like the heroine that much. I thought she was pretty irresponsible and fickle. Also zero sex scenes even after their wedding.
Diana McVicker
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!
Hopefulpuffin
I feel like there should be a separate Diana Palmer rating scale. This was a generous 2 on a normal scale. Using a DP calibrated scale would have moved it to a 4.

I keep telling myself no more DP but here I am again. With a damn DP.

What's good: it's not set in Texas and while there's mention of some crazy Texan, that's all there is. A mention. And he eventually comes to the wedding. But there aren't any crazy soldiers/mercenaries/etc that often pop up.

I didn't see what the original publication
Kay
Irmãos Callister 01
Círculo de Ouro
Diana Palmer

Aí que saudade!

Fiquei muito tempo relendo toda a série Homens do Texas, por isso, faz meses que não leio nada inédito da Diana Palmer. Estou mega empolgada com esse livro.

É obvio que não é diferente dos textos que a DP escreve, mas, como é a primeira vez que leio, tenho todo o direito de adorar. E perdoar o Gil “ogro” na primeira oportunidade.

Primeiro, ele realmente não é ogro, apenas um homem exigente, que gosta das coisa
Nancy Brady
2.5 stars actually. A quick, light romance between a very naive girl and her rugged boss. Kasie Mayfield is grieving when she is hired by a cattle rancher, also still grieving the loss of his wife. It is not love at first sight so much as a battle of wills between these two from the start. Both are guarded in their feelings (and losses); neither trusts, but Kasie is drawn to his two young daughters (and they, her). Always assuming the worst, Gil is sure she is out to become his new wife and moth ...more
Jenny
I've noticed there's a hit or miss audience with Diana Palmer's books. Most people complain that the reason they don't like her books is because they are predictable, the hero is often an @$$, the heroine is innocent, and there is often at least a ten year age difference between the two. So that about sums up the majority of the books I have read by Diana Palmer. This book is no different but that's why I like it. Although I read all sorts of romances, some with heavy plots intertwined within ea ...more
Desiree reilly
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this is one of the series of Diane Palmer i am getting them every month
and read so far over 12 of them, Well Kassie Mayfield went to the job inter view
to get job at he ranch of Gil Callisters. She came to do the Secretariat work
and then she see the 2 little girls and fall in love them. the so called baby sitter
or nanny did not like the girls so Kassie could not do some of the report on the computer
and ask the nanny to help well she did the computer she watch the girls and fell in love wit
Amanda Sheila
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it.

Typical of Diana Palmer's story, the boss misunderstands his innocent employer and send her away in tears and then beg for her forgiveness. Don't you just love it?

That's why I loved this book and add it to my favorite shelf.
Gail A Ostrove
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gil needed to be taught how to trust and Kasie was the one to teach him.

I didn't like that Gil was so broody and mistaken and was taking Pauline's words instead of giving Kasie. I am just glad he wised up in the end.
Anne
Exclusive to eHarlequin.com Rcv'd for joining group
Megami
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the chemistry between the two main characters. A simple romance with a simple plot. Entertaining if you have some time to spare.
Rebecca Gay
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: butterfly
good
Linda
May 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story, enjoyed it.
Anita
Really loved this book....have always enjoyed books with cute little girls when they befriend the heroine and then they become a happy little family.
Spinneretta
Another in the fun, long running Long Tall Texans series by Diana Palmer.
Mackenzie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of 4
Annelise
Okay... this was the nearest I've came to reading Mills & Boon in the past two years. Its not a bad story, at all. Its just very ordinary.
Tiffany
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-romance
Read this book a long time ago and Loved it!.
Julia
I picked this book at random from a digital library, and between the bad dialogue and lack of plot, this may go down as one of the worst books I have ever read.
Amanda Kern
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Instant classic

I have read this book multiple times. Each time it gives me the feel good feeling. It also makes me smile. That is a what makes it a classic with me.
Charlie-Dee
Easy read. Cute characters. Not my favourite from diana palmer though.
ismurf2
Feb 27, 2009
Kaytness
May 01, 2011
Nancy
Feb 25, 2014
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • The Wedding in White
  • Sensible Housekeeper, Scandalously Pregnant (Presents Extra)
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Million Dollar Men #3)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Guarded Heart
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Taken Over
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Innocence (Three Rich Husbands, #3)
  • Savage Surrender
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • One Tough Marine  (Cooper, #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

The Men of Medicine Ridge (4 books)
  • The Wedding in White (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #2)
  • Diamond In The Rough (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #3)
  • Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)
“breath. “You’re welcome,” he said tersely. “That man, Sims,” she continued, worried. “The day you fired him, John said that he had a mean temper and that he carried a loaded rifle everywhere with him. You…you be careful, okay?” She heard the soft expulsion of breath. He moved a step closer, his lean hands lifting her oval face to his. She could see the soft glitter of his blue eyes in the faint” 0 likes