Start by marking “Michael and the Magic Man” as Want to Read:
Michael and the Magic Man

Michael and the Magic Man

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Nobody but the Magic Man. and Michael. And a few other footloose psychics in a supersleek van, driving through a fantastic American dreamscape in a nonstop, cross-country war with a mind-bending Power from beyond the starts...You've never read anything like it. Because there's never been anything like it.
Published March 1st 1980 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Michael and the Magic Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Michael and the Magic Man

Bob Rust
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sidney's book focuses on five characters traveling across the country randomly, hoping to avoid an unseen psychic enemy. Is there REALLY an enemy? Is it all in their heads? Are they delusional? Sidney plays with the reader's head, and our opinions change as we read. In the end, we find we were wrong all along reality is not what it seems! The "enemy" may have been created from their imaginations but what about their friends? A very DIFFERENT kind of book.
Mark Daniels
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read half this book as a teenager – I briefly appropriated it after it had been loaned to my older brother by one of his friends, but it had to be returned to my brother’s friend before I could finish. What I read stuck with me for years, so as an adult I found a used copy through Amazon and finally read the whole thing. You’re not always sure what’s real in this unusual novel. The main characters travel across the American landscape in a pair of camper vans, on the run and ostensibly playing ...more
Mark Daniels
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so weird! I was uncertain of what was really going on almost to the end of the book. Even when I knew what was going on I wasn't sure how the story would end. This is a must read for anyone who loves a multi-genre book full of mystery, adventure, intrigue, science and fantasy.
John Fiala