Start by marking “Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)” as Want to Read:
Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

(Stephanie Plum #11)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  99,089 ratings  ·  2,045 reviews
Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as a fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Stephanie thinks it's time for a change. So she quits. She wants something safe and normal. But the kind of trouble she had at the bail bonds office can't compare to the kind of trouble she finds herse ...more
Published June 20th 2006 by St. Martin's Press (first published June 21st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Eleven on Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eleven on Top

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Chick-Lit
2,217 books — 4,704 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,996 books — 6,645 voters

More lists with this book...

·  99,089 ratings  ·  2,045 reviews

Start your review of Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)
James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars to Eleven on Top, the 11th book in the "Stephanie Plum" cozy mystery series by Janet Evanovich. This book was one of the more funny in the series, particularly for two reasons:

Stephanie is being chased by someone who came back from the grave. She thought the person was dead, but it's not true... and someone has a grudge. The humor that comes along with this one makes it worth the read.

Stephanie, of course, needs more money. And she takes on multiple additional jobs besides being
Jilly
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was shaping up to be a 3-star book for me because Stephanie decides to stop being a bounty hunter and goes from stupid job to stupid job in her search for something different. I was pretty meh on that part because she didn't quit for the right reasons. She has literally been tortured in past books, but that didn't make her reevaluate her career choice. If someone had me tied down and was burning me with a hot poker I would consider the button factory then, but she didn't even slow down or h ...more
Cyndi
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Even when she decides she's going to dump the job and get another, Steph still tries hard at every job she gets. Even fast food. Anyone who has ever worked in that industry knows how hard that can be. Love how, in the end, she doesn't let the alpha boys in her life to stop her. Steph takes the bad guy down herself.

Re-read again. 5/24/16

Reread—May 2018

Steph is once again cohabing with Morelli. But Ranger is getting closer. She decides she has had enough crap as a bounty hunter and she quits.
Ev
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a good plum novel a little bit different than the previous books in the series. I really didn't expect the ending and that was surprising but got to live Stephanie Plum!:)
CupcakeBlonde
Bunny
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I let someone at a library sale convince me to pick up a couple of her books, once she learned I'd never read the author. She handed me what felt like ten, and I discretely put a few back when she wasn't looking.

Reading the back cover of this book, I kind of think I should've put this one back, too. Giving it a shot.
----

Color me shocked. I loved this character.

I'm not exactly known for my grown up taste in books, nor for my appreciation of anything that comes close to "chick lit" (GOD, I hate
Shelley
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There really isn't much to say about these books. They follow a formula and require minimal effort and brain power, perfect for stressful baseball postseason reading when your favorite team is trying to kill you with heart attack baseball. These books are comfort food without the calories, carbs, and sugar.
Linda Dobinson
Eleven On Top, 5 easy, no-brainer stars. This is the second Stephanie Plum novel I have read and it is official - I am in love with Stephanie Plum, and I am not even gay!
Stephanie is a sassy, kick-ass bounty hunter who wants to put the bad guys behind bars, preferably without the aid of a gun - I get where she is coming from I don't like guns either.
In this book she has quit her job because she has had enough of being shot at, kidnapped, stalked, firebombed, spat at, cussed at, run off the road
Jessica
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Plum fans
There is only so much a girl can take. And this girl has had enough! Enough of chasing bad guys, wrestling them to the ground, having them shoot at her and always ending up covered in garbage. So Stephanie Plum quits her job as a bounty hunter. She quickly finds out there are other jobs she is much worse at! She can’t seem to keep a job. She temporarily works at the button factury, a fast food place, a dry cleaners, before landing a gig at a security company, with the very good looking Ranger as ...more
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is incredible.

Fun characters. Exhilarating mystery. Crimes to be solved. Lusts to be sated.

Eleven on Top is a neat book. It is however, not on my top picks for this series. Nonetheless, the novel is amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Old men disappear and an old enemy keeps trying to blow Stephanie away. She has an idea who is behind the threats, but as Morelli and Ranger keep explaining to her, she has no evidence and is working based of ‘s
Winter Sophia Rose
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Romantic, Sexual Tension, Suspense & Funny!!! A Fun Read! I Loved It! ...more
Chy
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I promised myself this had to be the last one for a while. And it was a great one to end on. Got to see Plum try to leave the bounty-hunter business behind and, of course, it was just one glorious disaster after another.

I still get mad about her, "He's sexy, oh no he's sexy" stuff. I realize it's a tension-building love triangle...thing. I guess I just don't get into those when the one stuck in the middle stays (mostly) in a relationship. You're in a relationship, you chose to be in it
Jerry B
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shake the other ten in a bag, dump out a bit at a time, & you get 11 !!

We hate to say it, as some of the other ten were definitely amusing, but there's not much smile factor left in Plum et al that we haven't heard or seen before. While there is a smidge of a plot (four small business owners are missing, and Steph keeps getting threatening notes and cars bombed), one can almost predict the rest: Lulu can't get her bond jumpers, so eats fast food; Steph shacks up with Morelli (again) but hankers
Punk
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Stephanie Plum "Mystery." Stephanie quits her job as a bounty hunter, yet, despite this, continues to fail at common sense. Lula gets promoted and somehow proves to be even worse at the job than Stephanie. Morelli is hot and strangely calm. Ranger is hot and doing his best to save Stephanie from herself. Bob eats things he shouldn't, then does a lot of hunching and vomiting and crapping.

Look. It's a hundred degrees here. I wanted something mindless, and I knew Evanovich would deliver. I wasn't
Tina
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
This is the 11th book in the Plum series. The Plum series is funny and fast reads. I love them, and the audiobooks are great.
Tracy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another laugh out loud episode of Lula, Grandma Mazur, Stephanie, Morelli, Ranger and the gang! Full of ridiculous scenarios that lightens up my day!
Anita
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, mystery
I listened to the audio version this time around and it was great. At the end is an interview with Janet Evanovich and that was fantastic. I highly recommend both the book and the audio. What can I say? I spent Black Friday shopping and waiting in line listening to this book and it made waiting in line so much fun. You just can't stop from laughing out loud and I must have been the only person waiting in those horrid lines who was actually enjoying herself.

Eleven on Top opens with Stephanie Plum
Elle's Book Blog
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
:: 5 Gut-Busting Stars ::

Oh man do I love reading the Stephanie Plum series. Janet Evanovich consistently writes books that keep readers hanging on the edge of their seats (while laughing out loud). In Eleven on Top, Stephanie Plum finally decides she has had enough of bounty hunting. She is tired of being stalked, abused, and scared of all the crazies she has to get. So, she hops from one job to another- the button factory, cluck-in-a bucket, and more! But, do these jobs actually keep her safe?
Anastasia
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eleven on top by Janet Evanovich is the 11th Stephanie Plum mystery. Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum quits after being assaulted too many times on the job, but finds that she is still being shot at and her vehicles blown up. Another funny and very entertaining book. Stephanie just doesn't seem to have much luck with her jobs or cars. A quick read which had me laughing throughout.
Amylou1977
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Time for a change, Stephanie thinks. Time to find the kind of job her mother can tell her friends about without making the sign of the cross. So Stephanie Plum quits. Resigns. No looking back. No changing her mind. She wants something safe and normal. As it turns out, jobs that are safe and normal for most people aren't necess ...more
Heather
Feb 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Stephanie has hit hard times. Well, harder times than usual that is. Having reached a breaking point, Stephanie quits her job as a bond enforcement officer and pursues other career options much to her chagrin and my personal amusement. Life seems to b!tch slap Stephanie at every turn, and though it is not entirely realistic, it is no less endearing or humorous.

Anyone who has read enough Plum novels to get to "Eleven On Top", knows these books are formulamatic. Stephanie blows up a car, or two,
Christy
Jan 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Number 11 in the Stephanie Plum series proves Janet Evanovich could go on forever. This best-selling author keeps the humor flowing with the wacky situations Stephanie and her cohorts manage to get themselves into.

Stephanie is beginning to question where her life is going and makes the drastic decision to quit her job as a bounty hunter. She ends up working in a button factory but gets fired the first day before she even begins work. Her next job at a dry-cleaning establishment ends when the ow
Fen
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
These really are the perfect books to read while on an airplane. They're sort of like popcorn for the brain... fun, enjoyable and quick. I know some of my friends started to get tired of the series after awhile, but I actually do think the books keep getting better (or maybe it's just that my mindset about them has changed enough that I'm enjoying them more).

Oddly, one of the biggest complaints I've heard about the series is how the whole love triangle just drags on and on... but I'm finding I a
Melissa
I hate not being able to finish books, but this time I just couldn't get in to the book. Maybe my tastes have changed. Maybe it was the wrong book at the wrong time. All I know is all of the characters got on my nerves. Lula (who I used to love) is just stupid. I'm weary of the Steph/Morelli/Ranger "triangle" Even Grandma Mazur is no longer funny. I guess I just don't think there is any growth in the characters. They all say and do the same things every book. I loved the first 10, but I just can ...more
Dez Nemec
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audiobook
The Stephanie Plum books are just such a guilty pleasure for me. I can't help myself. They are just so damn entertaining!
Dagny
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: evanovich-janet
Evanovich is back on track with this one. At first it seemed to be just the same ol', same ol' but about a quarter or a third of the way in it changed. Some absolutely hilarious scenes, more than just quips, but entire scenes. Pretty good mystery too.
Lisa B.
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
I listen to the audiobook and this series continues to provide some good laughs. With some series I would already be burnt out by book #11. Fortunately that has not happened. On to #12!
Shannon
Stephanie Plum, Book 11

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Stephanie Plum:
Lula:
Joe, Ranger, Connie, Various people who keep trying to kill Stephanie

The Story:

Stephanie working for Ranger. That is all I can think about. Oh and Grandma Mazur’s shenanigans. That lady certainly keeps her family on their toes. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

The Random Thoughts:

The Score Card:

description

4 Stars
Tgordon
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great fun story as always! Love this series and honestly it gets better and more interesting along the way.
Tuesday
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really ALL of the Stephanie Plum’s I have Read Thus Far
Janet Evanovich

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I started this series about 3 years ago. A friend of my mother-in-law raved on and on about them while we were at their pool one day, so I thought I would check them out. I picked up the first one in the series, One for the Money, at my local library. I remember reading it over the course of about 3 days.

The book was well written, ha
Join in the discussions! 3 34 Sep 24, 2015 03:36PM
The Women's Myste...: #12 Eleven on Top 1 3 Aug 09, 2013 10:54PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Eleven on Top 1 3 Feb 13, 2012 11:39AM

• Full House (Full #1)
  • Hero at Large
  • Foul Play
  • Tricky Twenty-Two: by Janet Evanovich
  • Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich - Review Summary
  • D is for Deadbeat (Kinsey Millhone, #4)
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • E is for Evidence (Kinsey Millhone, #5)
  • B is for Burglar  (Kinsey Millhone, #2)
  • J is for Judgment (Kinsey Millhone, #10)
  • H is for Homicide (Kinsey Millhone, #8)
  • G is for Gumshoe (Kinsey Millhone, #7)
  • N is for Noose (Kinsey Millhone, #14)
  • F is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone, #6)
  • L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone, #12)
  • C is for Corpse  (Kinsey Millhone, #3)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • K is for Killer (Kinsey Millhone, #11)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)