Start by marking “Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)

Jayd's Legacy

(Drama High #3)

It's official: South Bay High's finest, Jayd Jackson, and its coolest white boy, Jeremy Weiner, are a couple. And if that's not enough interracial drama for South Bay's mostly white, wealthy student body, Jayd and her bold, beautiful, black renaissance crew have more on the way. . .

Friends and teachers at South Bay High may be hating, but Jayd and Jeremy are falling in
Published February 1st 2007 by K-Teen/Dafina (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Jayd's Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jayd's Legacy

Start your review of Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
Allison, Kawalec.
i chose to read this book because i read the last to books of the series.
This book is about a girl named jay'd who goes to a high school filled with drama and problem starters . And, since shes datting a white boy with a bad rep that makes ppl even more interested in her buiness but on top of that shes trying to managage her best friend nilies homecoming princess campain even though she knows it wont be easy . and, even though she tries to prepare nielle for what may and is most likely to happen
Noemi705
in the book "Jayd's Legacy" jayd has it both ways. She has her boyfriend jeremy who she thinks she loves very much. just when everything was going so well raheem comes back into jayd's life. raheem was jayd's first kiss, first love, first everything. jayd still feels something for raheem but of course she doesn't tell jeremy.
She has to chose which one she wants. if she doesn't she'll just be playing both of them. you can't have it best of both worlds. choosing may seem very easy but it's not.
Mi'Angel
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a teenage girl name jayd who goes through drama at her new school. She’s dating a white boy name jeremy and he has a bad reputation. She has crazy dreams about her friends being in trouble and she tries yo find a way to keep them from happening. One of her friends from her old school transferred to her new school and they have been hanging out and she forgot to tell jeremy and her old friend is trying to get her back with her ex Raheem but she doesn’t want him back even though ...more
Jaee
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jayd's Legacy by L. Divine was an interesting book because the main character Jayd discovers her destiny. When her grandmother explains Jayd's legacy to her she finally understands why weird things happen to her, like how her mother always knew what she was thinking. Jayd attends South Bay High School, where drama is thrown left and right to her and her friends. Although it is pretty stressful, they get through it together and have each others backs. Amongst all the drama Jayd is falling in love ...more
Yesica
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is basically about an High School homecoming which South Bay has never had a black princess or queen for any event. Based on this story you would read about a young girl named Jayd and Nellie going against each other for the crown. This story i could relate towards it because many people in high school are willing to compete for the crown in homecoming of prom.
Nyshagriffiths
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good and what happens between Jay'd Jeremy and Rah wow what she does like really Jay'd but this is still a good book. Between Nellie Mickey and Nigel Drama!
Artesha Sanders
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
The purpose of the author writing this book was to give the audience a good drama to read. It is something that could happen to anyone; mostly teens. For example, Jayd not being able to hang around Raheem because it will bring up old feelings. That is an everyday event for teens nowadays. Also how Jayd was helping her friend Nellie with the homecoming campaign and all the beef that is included between competing campaigns. But this book is not a book that will have a lasting value to it. It is ...more
Indira
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have not quite grasp this book when i read it the first time.It was during the summer and it was my last book to read.Now that I am reading it again i do get it.Mostly its all about drama in Jayd's life,dealing with one of her best friend's campaign of becoming homecoming princess,balancing an ex-boyfriend when balancing a new boyfriend and her family's history of majic and spirits,but not the voodoo type.

Jayd recently has been going to her ex-boyfriend's house(I know,its ridiculous) vibing
Ashley V.
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who loves drama!!!
This book was about how Jayd was trying to help her friend Nellie win the homecoming crown.But she also had to deal with her own problems like her new boyfriend Jeremy he's the rich boy at the school who usually gets what he wants...Jayd finds out that he a sales and got busted at school....all because of Misty MOUTH.....But she never thought she would date the white boys at the school but she really thinks he's the one for her although she haves alot of haters and everyone keeps telling her he ...more
Dana
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In this lovely book by L. Divine, Jayd finds herself in many situations. In the book Jayd's Legacy (Drama High #3) Jayd Jackson finds herself one of the luckiest girl in the world, she's dating the it's coolest white boy Jeremy Weiner while attending South Bay High. South Bay High may be a little against that decision but that won't stop the drama that's about to stir up while reading this book. Jayd's Legacy would leave you wondering what would happened and at the edge of your seat. L. Divine ...more
Amanda
Sep 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Not Sure
Recommended to Amanda by: Jade
Still loving Jade. I thought this was the last book in the series, but there is more! This one features homecoming and Jayd's problem with her boyfriend who doesn't want to take her because of some old family rivalry. She also gets a blast from the past when Nigel comes to her school who was best friends with her old boyfriend rah who still makes her swoon. Inner Conflict! Prom! Hurray! Hurrah!
Antique Fields
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tags: Drama, High School
Lexile: 810L
Genre: Fiction

Drama High: Jayd's Legacy is a very great book! This book is full of hate, drama,friends,and family! This is one book I definitely recommend.

High School homecoming is coming up! Nellie is running for homecoming queen and she is so close to getting that crown. Her friend Jayd is worried about her because Nellie is so worried about the crown, that she's not worried about the people on her every move. Because people want those crowns and want to
Zahriamonee
In This Book Jayd Has A New BoyFriend Name Jeremy And Everyday He Picks Her Up From Her Bus Stop After School Lately She Has Been Spending Time With Her Boyfriend.And Jayds Ex BoyFriend Is Back In Her Life And Jayds Homecoming Is iS Coming Up And U Get To Be Black Princess,Queen,Royalty And This To Mee Is A Contetion Becuse At My Old School There Was A Vote For Home King Or Queen.Jayd's Ex Boyfriend Want's Her Back And She Does Not No If She Wants To Pick Her Old Boyfriend Or The New Boyfriend
Jamea
Oct 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Love it. I can't stop reading it whatsover. Once I finish, I read it again. L.Divine keeps teens like myself on the edge of our seats, and wanting more with ever page. Miss. Divine is a master storyteller. This novel like the first two in tehr series i have read were on point. Although I do get a bit disgruntled at the hazing subject matter but overall a lovely novel. I can't wait for the next book!
Kathy
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is good. This book is about a young girl named jayd who has alot of drama in her schoool she has to deal with. There is misty a girl who always trys to push jayd down because of kj her ex. Then there is jayd's new boyfriend jeremy who is sweet and sensitive. But there has been something shady going on with jeremy lately.

I gave this 5 stars because there is drama on just about every page.

irecomend this bookto those people who loveto read about drama.
Ashley★ Collins
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Rocquel Hart
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This Book Is Really Good. I Like The Way The Book Keeps Getting Better and Better. This Book Makes You Want To Keep Reading Until It Is Finished And You Found Out What Happened To The Main Character Jayd. Jayd As The Main Character Helped Me To Relate To The Book Because I am Also A Teen Who Goes Through A lot of Things Just Like Jayd. Every Teen Girl Should Read It.
FOREVERR* theee KING-M.J
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
The book was about how Jayd was trying to help her friend Nellie win the homecoming crown.But she also had to deal with her own problems like her new boyfriend Jeremy. Right when she thinks problems can't get worse her ex-boyfriend steps back into her life. I gave this book a 4 star rating because it is so life like it tells and says everything that a normal things that would happen to girls.
Black Carrie
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me wanting more.I couldn't stop reading it I finished it in 3 days!I was on the edge of my seat...the Drama was never ending. This book really shows you what teens have to go through and how they have to deal with family, and school. good[besides the supernatural stuff]. The quotes before every chapter really was relateable to the story line.
Autumn Jeanine
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jayd Legacy is about How Jayd and Jeremey is a couple and nobody is

trying to break them apart. Jayd ex- boyfriend is trying to get her

back but Jayd don't need to be caught with him she has Jeremey and

thats all she needs. I would rate this book a five because it talks

how a person is in love with someone and that they would never go

back to their ex's.
Ginitze Familia
Oct 26, 2009 is currently reading it
Shelves: drama-high
This book i've just buyed it today,and it looks like is going to be great once I start reading it I"ll holla at u guys. p.s.finally i got this book because it took me 2 weeks to actually get it!and now i cant't wait to read it!
Jasmine0306
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is about how Jayd is having a good school year so far until her ex is trying to contact her and her bestfriend is running for princess which nothing is wrong with that until she gets a big head and starts to think everything is about her.This book was really good and had a lot of drama.
Danielle Williams
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I learned from this book is know how to deal with highschool.There can be fun times there can be good times.Also highschool is never the same how are parents describe it.Of course the promblems are but not the people.
Melissa Francis
May 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is about when homecoming is coming up and The Drama Club is sponsoring Nellie to run for the junior class homecoming princess,hoping to give the Cheerleaders and Athletes a run for their money.
Lesley
Have not read this myself yet, but I'm impressed that so many actual kids (as opposed to well meaning teachers, librarians etc.) have written such thoughtful and enthusiastic reviews. Definitely earns a place on my "FUN Books for African American Kids" list!
Ladyriah Bell
Apr 04, 2010 is currently reading it
so far in my book i learned that jade is always doing the wrong thing and is thunking its right. She belives that everything that somebody says is right for her. She needs to realize that she needs to make her own choices
Breyana Respress
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really happy that this young girl in this book knows where she comes from. As humans most of us tend to forget where we come from and the sacrifices made to be where we are today. she is so lucky to have a grandmother like she does. And such a great book also
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This one had a lot of twist and turns. A old love vs a new love. All about the drama that Jayd goes through to help her friends.
Kayla
May 13, 2009 marked it as to-read
hopfully this book is good.. haha thanks nyasha 4 recommending it to me
Ashleybowen
this book is so crazy madd drama

• Shortie Like Mine  (Shortie Like Mine #1)
  • Down by Law (Throwback Diaries #1)
  • Upgrade U
  • True Story
  • Dear Yvette (Throwback Diaries, #2)
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)
  • Hot Girl
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
  • Fast Life
  • So Not The Drama (Del Rio Bay Clique, #1)
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
  • Hurricane Child
  • Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)
  • Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World
  • Bronxwood (Tyrell, #2)
  • Blended
  • To Catch a Cheat (The Great Greene Heist, #2)
  • Fake
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.

Drama High (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)