Start by marking “Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather” as Want to Read:
Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather

Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  253 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
The Cat and company travel by hot air balloon up and into various weather phenomena including rain, snow, thunder, tornadoes, and (yikes!) even hurricanes! Along the way they learn about thermometers, anemometers, wind vanes, cloud formations, humidity, fog, smog, weather folklore, and how to stay safe in lightning. Written and illustrated in Seussian style, this a great a ...more
Library Binding, 48 pages
Published May 25th 2004 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?

Andy Kavanaugh
Oct 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title of the book is "Oh Say Can you Say What's The Weather Today?" The author of the book is Tish Rabe and is illustrated by Aristides Ruiz. This book is published by Random house and was copyrighted in 2004. This is a cat in the hat series book by Dr. Seuss.

I really liked this book because it talked about everything weather. It talked about precipitation and it talked about various instruments used to forecast the weather. The Cat in the Hat takes a boy and girl around to various "locatio
Siddharth Chakravarthy
A Child's perfect, simple, but fun guide to weather and all other aspects of it :)
Lara Lamb
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This informational book is a great tool to use to teach children about the different weather patterns but in an easy to understand format. The illustrations keep with a whimsical Dr. Seuss feel that children love. The words are easy to understand and the text can easily be paired with a science activity like making a tornado in a bottle.
Rosa Cline
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, science, 2017
All the "Cat in the Hat Learning Library" books have been very good and fun to read. They all teach about Science without 'being in your face" Science books. Like this one has lots of vocabulary words that they make it easy to learn what they mean. Teaching in rhymes brings not only education but giggles and smiles too.
Alex
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I like weather. I also enjoyed this book because this book was about weather.
Jen
Children learn all about weather in this whimsical, rhyming book, narrated by the Cat in the Hat. It begins with the Cat asking two children to join him on a trip to learn about how weather changes and then follows the threesome on their adventures. Students learn all about weather stations, what forces affect weather, how weather (temperature & precipitation) is measured (including thermometers and anemometers), types of clouds, the water cycle (solid, liquids and gasses included), differen ...more
Dolly
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining and informative book about weather. With a fun, rhyming narrative, classic Dr. Seuss characters, and colorful background scenes of different deserts, it's a good book to read aloud with children.

I love that it shows different facets of weather in a way that is easy to understand, but doesn't really 'dumb it down' for children. There are a lot of weather topics that are discussed in this book and they reinforced what our girls are learning or have learned in school. We en
Lacey Vertz
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
We checked this book out from the library but will now be buying it. It's an excellent introduction to the weather for pre-school age children. My daughter is 4.5 and she is at the perfect age for this book. The rhyming is really good and makes the book easy to listen to for my daughter as well as fun to read for me. This book covers a lot of weather types and climates and explains it in easy to understand rhymes. There is also a glossary at the end. Highly recommend!
Erica
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I love the whole series of these books. They present wonderful information in a rhyming sort of fashion. These are some of the best kid books out there because they teach them about the natural world, but do it in a fun way...not like a lot of other "non-fiction" kids books which are a little dry.. My three year old loves these! I recommend anyone with little kids get them! I got four, three-packs at Costco for an amazing deal! I think there are currently about 24 books in the series.
Arwen
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library bring the beloved children's character and fun metered rhymes together to teach you about a subject. This book is bursting with info. From the water cycle to different climates to types of weather kids will pick up a lot from this book. The included glossary is great as is the further reading suggestions.
Rachael
This book is about people going up in a hot air balloon and experience different weather conditions. Along the way, they learn about the importance of weather tools, such as thermometer. I wouls use this book in the class to teach the students the different tools and show how they are important for each weather condition.
Kathryn Sublett
This book could be used to help students identify weather in first grade. There might be a corresponding video on PBS as an alternative to having a read aloud. Teachers could get students to make a weather journal for each day. Students will record what they saw before dismissal to ensure that weather changes throughout the day were included in their synopsis.
Alice
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a book to do a weather unit for our summer reading program. This book is great with a lot of information that may be too much for our younger group...but still great information done in a rhyming way. I think I will take a bit here and a bit there to make it into what I want.
Jasmine
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to read to students when beginning a new lesson on weather. The book is filled with different topics so you can go over different sections on the book depending on what topic of weather you may be covering! This is an idea book for children.
Kara Immel
May 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a great way to understand weather and the most dangerous weather occurrences on Earth, then this is your book.This book is fun and just because it's short doesn't mean the information is limited!
Kristin Dalbec
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
While going on a journey in a hot air balloon, The Cat in the Hat and two children encounter many different kinds of weather. They discuss the weather, why it happens, and safety in dangerous weather in a fun, whimsical way. This is a great book for teaching and learning about weather!
Amber
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Used this book in my 1st grade placement to introduce a lesson about weather.
Its really neat because its a nonfiction, informational, rhyming text.
Includes relevant info-nice vocab.
Discusses why weather is important to us
1st through 3rd grade.
Kimberly
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book, breaking down the science of weather for kids and making it more comprehensible.
Maria
This book is a great way to teach weather in a condensed form. It talks about every type of weather. This book could be used for any grade but preferably third or fourth grade.
PWRL
Jun 07, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Cortney Kittridge
Great book for teaching children about weather! Scientifically accurate while engaging for the younger student.
Amy Sweezey
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! A great read for any child interested in learning about weather.
Stacie Graham
Nov 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
Fun book about weather! I love just absolutely love Dr. Seuss!
Bethany
Clever book in classic Dr. Seuess style that can teach a children about weather facts.

Grades: 2-5
Shelves: kids-2013
3 1/2
Nadja
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fantastic way of learning about the weather. Ideal for kids.
Cws
May 21, 2009 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Seu
Audrey Harlan
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is all about weather. Its a fun book to use in the classroom because the illustrations are fun as well as the words. It could be a good introduction to a weather unit.
Eileen
May 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading this to my oldest son. His knowledge about weather has increased a ton.
  • Oh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants
  • Down Comes the Rain
  • What Will the Weather Be?
  • Romeow and Drooliet
  • The Three Billy-goats Gruff: A Norwegian Folktale
  • Big Tracks, Little Tracks: Following Animal Prints
  • Sir Cumference and the Viking's Map (Charlesbridge Math Adventures (Paperback))
  • Peeny Butter Fudge
  • Tornadoes!
  • I am Sharing (Toddler Books)
  • Clouds
  • Bringing In the New Year
  • Mars Needs Moms!
  • If I Were a Jungle Animal
  • The Cloud Book
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an American Colonist!: A Settlement You'd Rather Not Start
  • Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin
  • How a Seed Grows

The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • My, Oh My--A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies
  • Clam I am
  • Fine Feathered Friends: All About Birds
  • A Great Day for Pup!
  • Hurray for Today!: All About Holidays (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Is a Camel a Mammal?
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?