Start by marking “Potty Training Sucks: What to Do When Diapers Make You Miserable” as Want to Read:
Potty Training Sucks: What to Do When Diapers Make You Miserable

Potty Training Sucks: What to Do When Diapers Make You Miserable

2.96  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Are you suffering through your kid's potty training because...

Your toddler has peed on your in-laws' carpet again? Your best friend's kid is already trained (even though he's two months younger than yours)? You're not allowed back at the community pool until your wee one is old enough to drive?

If you have children, you're going to have to potty train them. At least ther

Published April 30th 2007 by Adams Media (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Potty Training Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potty Training Sucks

Nanny and Me by Florence Ann RomanoClotho's Loom by Shawn StJeanBelly Laughs by Jenny McCarthyBaby Laughs by Jenny McCarthyThe Grass Is Always Greener over the Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck
Mommy Must-Reads
113 books — 120 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingBlood River by Tim ButcherEclipse by Stephenie MeyerA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best Books of 2007
774 books — 1,090 voters

More lists with this book...

Barb
Dec 06, 2008 rated it it was ok
When you buy a book titled, "Potty Training Sucks...," the boldness of that title tends to give you the impression that the author feels your pain...that she's a sympathizer and gets where you are coming from - the frustration, the daily power struggles, the endless piles of soiled pants and sheets...and all those desperation bribes that have done nothing more than turn your tike into a skilled embezzler. You might even assume that the book was written with the intent of being your salvation - o ...more
Andrea
Very easy and fluffy. Read in one evening. I think this was a good choice for the first book in my "information gathering" for the upcoming baby stage. Like other reviews have said, not a lot of specifics in this book. It did confirm though, that I think we are at least several months away from really starting.
Michele
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was very entertaining, probably more entertaining then instructional. It takes all the pressure off that many people associate with potty training...very laid back & fun read! It took away a lot anxiety for this next milestone.
Kristi
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: for-copiah
I gleaned no useful information from this book whatsoever, other than how to cook a beautiful lobster dinner. And I live in Louisiana, so obtaining a lobster in the first place is next to impossible. Luckily I'd only purchased this book for a quarter; otherwise, I'd be pretty "pissed". ;(
Meredith
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is very funny.. that's about it.. I didn't glean any particular wisdom but the author is totally hilarious. I skimmed the book and she gave me some great laughs. She seems like someone I'd hang around!
Cristine
Jul 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Very funny, but not one certain potty training strategy. More of a review of a variety of potty training ideas and theories.
Kristin
Apr 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
And so did this book, it was funny but not one nugget of useful information, ugh.
Lauren P
Jul 01, 2008 rated it liked it
Definately has some helpful advice in it, but is mostly a humerous and lighthearted book that really does feel my "potty training pain"
Torri
Claire
Mar 05, 2017
The Book Worm
Nov 26, 2017
I used to write for TV but when I became pregnant, I didn't want to work the long hours anymore. Besides, once I realized that pregnancy sucks, it gave me the perfect fodder for my first book entitled, "Pregnancy Sucks: What to do When Your Miracle Makes you Miserable". That led to ten other books in the Sucks series, plus my new book, "The Stay-at-Home Martyr".
More about Joanne Kimes