Start by marking “Unsavory Delicacies (Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #2)” as Want to Read:
Unsavory Delicacies (Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #2)

Unsavory Delicacies

(Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #2)

Rogues, Russians, Revenge...The Ingredients of a Three Course Meal.

Crème Brûlée

Rogue operative, Monique Beauvais, cons a software genius into selling her a coveted technology that would allow its user to control CIA drones while they're in flight. And she will go as far as killing him in public in order to have it.

To the Last Bite

A renowned food critic--whose scathi
ebook

To ask other readers questions about Unsavory Delicacies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsavory Delicacies

Melissa
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the three short suspense stories in this collection. The author is great at setting the stage and making twist in the story. Each story leaves you wanting more. Can't wait to read more from this author....and hopefully more about Fox!
L.J. Kentowski
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Russell Brooks has done it again and amazed me with his creative gift. All three short stories were page turners full of intrigue. One of my favorite characters, Fox from Pandora's Succession, did not disappoint and hints of of what he's capable of in a full length novel. Highly recommended read!
Jessica
Apr 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Short story compilations are becoming a bit of an addiction to me lately. I think of them as the perfect bite-sized snack of reading. Just enough to sate you, but also to keep you coming back for more! That being said, when Russell Brooks asked me to review his newest project, Unsavory Delicacies, I jumped at the chance. I've already had the pleasure of reading Pandora's Succession, his first book, and loved it. Needless to say I had high hopes for this one as well. Below are my bite-sized revie ...more
Cindy Borgne
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good Book Alert Review: http://goodbookalert.blogspot.com/201...

Three fun short stories full of twists. There’s a mix of ironic humor in these stories too. They really are unsavory delicacies.

These stories are about 3-4K words each, so I found it hard to comment too much without giving away anything.

Creame Brulee: Monique Beauvais is the cool, sexy spy woman with the French accent. Curtis White is the awkward pasty American. Which one is in trouble? Thriller fans will enjoy this one. I know I di
Galit  Balli
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Review
Plot/Story:

In this book there are three very short stories. It had a hint of the style I liked in Brook’s first book, but other than that these short stories didn’t click well with me and if I could I would give it 1 star. I am truly sorry.

Crème Brûlée
The first story was too tacky and predictable.

To the Last Bite
The second story had a hint of surprise in it and just because of it. I think it was better than the rest.

Shas
Martha Cheves
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Unsavory Delicacies – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat and Think With Your Taste Buds

Unsavory Delicacies is made up of three short stories that will give you a taste of tantalizing suspense.
Crème Brulee – Monique Beauvais an agent for Ares. She has no qualms about double crossing those who supply her with the information she has been assigned to acquire. Curtis White is truly a nerd that has no qualms about drooling like a dog when he meets the beautiful Monique. But t
Jonathan Esterman
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Three short stories combined into one quick read makes this trilogy best served cold. All puns aside, these short stories provide the reader an introduction to the writing profile of Russell Brooks, albeit a darker side of him. Readers have generally compared his works to Robert Ludlum in many regards, especially in the genres of suspense and thriller. There is no doubt about it – Brooks has a fan base and knows how to keep them pleased. Brooks asked me to take a read at his newest book, The Dem ...more
Wenj
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, read-2011
Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks takes place within the same world as his novel Pandora's Succession featuring many of the same characters and the same clandestine organizations. At something like thirty pages, this is a quick nibble that definitely has it's share of action, thrills and chills.

Given that this short anthology is so, well, short, I don't want to go in to much detail that will give away any of the tasty --erm, tasteless-- treats within
Cheryl
When I was asked by Russell Brooks to review Unsavory Delicacies before it is even released, of course I said yes! I haven't read his first book Pandora’s Succession yet, but you can believe I will after reading this book!

This is a book that consists of three short stories. The first is "Creme Brulee". Monique Beauvais meets up with Curtis White at a gourmet restaurant in Old Montreal. He was supposed to bring her something in exchange for money. He seemed like a nerdy guy. She thinks things are
CorLostForWords
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, e-book
Source: Received from author. Many thanks goes to Russell Brooks for sending me a copy of his book. I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 4/5

Unsavory Delicacies is a compilation of three short stories from author, Russell Brooks.

Crème Brulé is an intriguing tale about a rogue operative who entices a software engineer to sell her a piece of classified technology. The story captivates the reader quickly, and leaves them wanting more as it concludes. Memor
Jaidis Shaw
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks is a terse collection of three killer culinary short stories. There's sex, exquisite dining, and a dead body or two!

Creme Brulee is the first story in the book, offering up international spies and conspiracies with a side of revenge!

In To the Last Bite, we meet Dennis Kirby, a renown food critic whose reviews means life or death in the restaurant business. His last critique subject was better than any other he'd had before,until he finds out the secret ingre
Yvonne
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Unsavory Delicacies is a short trilogy with three stories filled with tension, angst, and tragedy all rolled into one book.

The first story, “Crème Brulee” features a rogue operative and an operative for a weapons consortium. The rogue operative is determined to get the bad guy.

The next story, “To the Last Bite” is about a food critic and the price he has to pay when his reviews do not meet with everyone’s approval.

Last is “Shashlyk and Morozhenoe”. This one shows that it’s not so easy to be a mo
Brittany
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I got this ebook for Kindle from the author. It is a series of 3 short stories, Creme Brulee, To the Last Bite, and Shashlyk and Morozhenoe.
Creme Brulee is about an undercover agent on a mission. Monique is required to get info from Curtis, which she does. But the end doesn't come as she had planned...
To the Last Bite is about a Food Critic. Dennis has the best meal of life and LOVES the recipe. After finding what it is, he wishes he didn't know...
Shashlyk and Morozhenoe is about a Mafia type
Cathy Speight
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Russell writes a good thriller novel; he also writes a good short story. Three, in fact: Crème Brûlée, To the Last Bite, and Shashlyk and Morozhenoe. The first and last feature Ridley Fox—a familiar face, as he’s the main character in Russell’s Pandora’s Succession. And, as always, he’s in top form: focussed, clever, and not to be messed with.

We’ve all heard the expression ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’. In ‘To the Last Bite’, a chef knocks the socks off a scorned woman…I have a very s
Kristin Scearce
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book comes with a disclaimer of its own, and I have to say I definitely second, third, and fourth it to all future readers! All three stories are fantastic, and I'm already a fan of Ridley Fox, so I was happy to see him appear once again. "To The Last Bite" was certainly my favorite of the three (and I'm sure that doesn't bode well for my psyche), although I'm going to be quite wary of my remarks regarding a restaurant's cuis
Frana
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a good suspense, laugh and morbid revenge
Recommended to Frana by: author
Russell Brooks is a new author to me so I haven't read his debut novel Pandora’s Succession. It got very good reviews so when author asked me if I would like to read an ARC of Unsavory Delicacies (his second book), I naturally said yes. It took me half an hour to read it; it's only 25 pages long after all. And I liked it. There are three fast paced stories about revenge and unusual way of getting it. The first story titled "Crème Brûlée" and the third one "Shashlyk and Morozhenoe" are connected ...more
Sheilagh Lee
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two word Review- Deliciously Good
A lot of this book has deliciously dark humour that most readers will relish and add to the books enjoyment. These stories are a delight and fun to read.

In Crème Brûlée
Monique Beauvais attempts to romance a software genius to sell her technology that can control drones and will dispose of him once she gets it.

In Shashlyk and Morezhenoe
CIA operative Ridley Fox and his team attempt to get documents much like ‘Ethan Hunt’ in Mission Impossible in disguise. What R
Jane
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4, kindle, to-review
Unsavoury Delicacies by Russell Brooks

4 Stars

Unsavoury Delicacies is a collection of 3 short stories which all center around restaurants. From covert operations to a food critic and finally the Russian mafia, the stories were all short but oddly entertaining.

I have to say the second story actually made me feel sick when I realised just what the twist was, which I found amusing. I will always be sure from now on, never to upset a chef!

Russell Brooks has an easy to read writing style, and an imagi
Derek White
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*A Copy of this Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review*

It took well under an hour to read all three as the whole set is about sixty pages long, but it was well worth the effort, The stories are each different and your attention will be held to the end.
When you have finished you will know a little more about Ridley Fox, and will definitely not want to get on the wrong side of him.

Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official.
For more information regardi
Lara Jarvis
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a great collection of three very short, but very intense stories. These stories were extremely enjoyable to read (and a little disturbing).
I greatly enjoyed the first story, Creme Brule, and the third story, Shashlyk and Morezhenoe. They spy aspect of both these stories was well written and intriguing. The second story was a little more disturbing than I generally like, but was still an interesting read,
I give this book 4 stars and look forward to reading more by Russell Brooks.
Katy
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Katy by: Russell Brooks
Shelves: ebook
This anthology contains three suspense/thriller stories with similar themes - in fact, the first and last stories feature some of the same characters, and honestly I've love to see it made into a book, as they are neat characters. The 2nd story had a great twist to it, which I really enjoyed. Brooks has an uncanny eye for structure and development of a great suspense story, and has very carefully cut away the dross to reveal the gleaming gem inside. Strongly recommended - great stuff!
Mary
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes short stories
Recommended to Mary by: Russell Brooks
How far would you go to get revenge on the person who ruined your reputation? In these three short stories by Russell Brooks, a rogue operative, a food critic, and a mob boss each encounter embarrassing and tragic consequences for their actions. I truly enjoyed these stories; they were fast-paced and gripping. I give Unsavory Delicacies an A!
Sandy Wolters
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this collection of three short stories. Each story had a unique twist in it. If you enjoy fast reads that include murder, intrigue and revenge, you'll enjoy the three short stories in UNSAVORY DELICACIES by RUSSELL BROOKS.
Lisa Arrington
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Received this book free for review**

The three short stories in this book were very easy to read and left me wanting more! I hope that Russell expands on some of these stories and makes them into full length novels.
HornFan2 (Mike)
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wish the stories were longer and liked both of the Ridley Fox stories.
Marli
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Great plot twists. Intriguing characters. These short story thrillers were truly "unsavory delicacies." Russell Brooks is definitely an author to watch.
Natalie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** Review copy***

Three short stories that are really short but interesting. While I breezed through the book I was certainly entertained.

Worth a read..
Melissa
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Three short stories that will draw you in! Great writing from Russell Brooks
Lynnette Phillips
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
With Unsavory Delicacies, Russell Brooks has cleverly crafted three suspense tales complete with surprise endings and amazingly well developed characters to entertain us.
Dan Barbier
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three short stories, two starring Ridley Fox from Pandora's Succession. Quick and fun read. Easy, enjoyable reading.
« previous 1 3 next »
Russell Brooks is the author of the thrillers, Pandora's Succession, Unsavory Delicacies, Chill Run, and The Demeter Code.

Russell has been compared to a young Robert Ludlum in the way that he wrote Pandora's Succession and Unsavory Delicacies.

After having read an excerpt of Chill Run, here's what one British reader had to say:

"If you like Elmore Leonard, you will love 'Chill Run'. Its snappy dialo

Ridley Fox & Nita Parris (3 books)
  • Pandora's Succession (Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #1)
  • The Demeter Code (Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #3)