Start by marking “Twice the Temptation” as Want to Read:
Twice the Temptation

Twice the Temptation

In this first ever short story collection, New York Times bestselling author Francis Ray takes us on five steamy, sexy adventures. From a timid, dowdy duckling who turns into a confident, sexy swan which sends her into the arms of a handsome artist to a bridesmaid's explosive encounter with the best man to an unproven actress who is being wooed to the stage by a handsome B ...more
Published June 21st 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Twice the Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice the Temptation

Shawnette
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
FYI...in case you don't already know...this book is a collection of 5 of Mrs. Ray's previously published novellas...I am EXTREMELY grateful they were compiled into one book...HOORAY for me...LOL...some stories I like more than others...but IMHO there's definitely something in here for everyone's ROMANTIC reading pleasure...Happy Reading :-)
Celeste
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Someone to love you

Francis Ray has a way with scenery and character development that draws you in. From the opening paragraphs each story endeared you to the next. You enjoy the collection of novellas because of the sweetness that draws each character together..
LaToireann Ealy
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all the short stories

Francis Ray is an amazing Arthur social studies is like reading the whole book no details left undone. I'm always laughing and smiling while reading her the books..
Tigger
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each and every one of the stories in this book was fantastic!

Tia
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-kindlelibrary
All five stories were good. Two of them I would consider favorites. Ms. Ray doesn't disappoint with this collection of stories. When and if you've forgotten what romance is, just pick up one of Ms Ray's novels to be reminded.

1) The Awakening w/ Gabe Jackson & Jessica Ames (ugly duckling story)

2) A Matter of Trust w/ Sebastian Stone & Hope Lassiter (sweet story w/kid)

3) Sweet Temptation w/ Chase M. Braxton & Julia Ann Farrington (fav) (candy shop)

4) Southern Comfort w/ Charlotte Duval
Word
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twice the Temptation is a collection of novellas written by the late Francis Ray for various St. Martin's Press anthologies during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Mrs. Ray is known for her multicultural romances featuring the Taggart, Grayson and Falcon families and their friends. This collection shows she was just as adept with the short form and comfortable outside the Southwest where her series are set. This book is available in print, electronic and audio formats.
Racquel
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'll start off saying that I don't really like shore stories. The only reason I picked up the book is because it's written by Francis Ray.

This book contains five short stories. As I progressed through the stories, each one got better. The last two were the best out of the book. But it was mediocre at best. I love Francis Ray, and will continue to read her books. But I probably would not recommend this book to any. She has so many other GREAT books you could be reading...
Janina
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
If you love short and sweet romances, this book its for you.
Its composed of 5 different short romance stories and i loved every single one of them.
It had a story for every different kind of love "situation" that a person likes.
So theres basically a story for everyone.
Shh I'm reading!
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just okay. It's five short stories, so it's a really easy read, but only 2 of the stories stood out to me with dynamic characters and chemistry (for a short story).
Marilyn Diamond
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I love Francis Ray but this book was boring. I did not complete reading it.
Shannon
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: francis-ray
Five beautiful stories in one book.
Phano
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Read the book twice
Mary Harris
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this so fast that I got mad because it was over loved these stories
Bebe20018
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Francis Ray did it again. Her stories always leave me with a smile on face.
Chudyej
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Took me a while to complete. But each story brought tears to my eyes. Loved it!!
Michelle Padilla
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
great stories with good plots. multiple stories in one book.
Michelle
Ms. Colette D. Hanna
Mar 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
TWICE THE TEMPTATION 6/21/11 1 6 Jun 01, 2011 11:13AM
Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University in 1967. She bega ...more