Start by marking “Day of the Diesels (Thomas & Friends)” as Want to Read:
Day of the Diesels (Thomas & Friends)

Day of the Diesels (Thomas & Friends)

In the new Thomas & Friends direct-to-DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, the devious Diesel Engines are up to no good—and it's going to take some 'steamwork' to stop them. Little boys age 3-6 will thrill to this full-color, hardcover storybook that captures all of the fun, mystery, and excitement of Thomas the Tank Engine's latest adventure.
Published August 9th 2011 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about Day of the Diesels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of the Diesels

Alison
Apr 04, 2017 Alison rated it it was amazing
This is no Caldecott contender, that's for sure. This gets 5 stars since my nearly 3 year old Thomas the Train fanatic son loves it. I read it, and then I re-read it, and then I read it another 6 plus times in the past few days.

In case any 3 year olds are reading this: his current favorites are this aforementioned book, The Lego Book, So Many Houses, Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go, The Little Red Caboose, and Green Eggs and Ham. From those choices, Richard Scarry wins hands
Evan Micheals
Dec 03, 2014 Evan Micheals rated it it was ok
Themes of Racial Superiority run through this book, but look at what happened to the Diesels in the end. I could not help but think this was a metaphor for the glory days of the British Empire. I suspect the views towards Diesels is a reflection of how the English saw India in the late 40's before Indian Independance.
Jacqueline
Apr 18, 2012 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this entry in the Thomas DVD adaptions series. The story was more action filled then most and the art was lovely. My annoyance at Awdry still receiving author credit still stands though.
Elizabeth
Jan 03, 2013 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's because I'm not a "young boy ages 2-5," but I can't tell any of the trains apart, and I can't read any of their facial expressions.
Jessica Nekuda
Oct 14, 2015 Jessica Nekuda rated it it was amazing
my son is 2. hes in love with trains! this book was our morning cuddle book. we watched the movie last night before supper and bath.
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Alex &
Alex & rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2013
Isaac
Isaac rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Tom Lowerre
Tom Lowerre rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Zoe T
Zoe T rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2017
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2017
Katy Lou
Katy Lou rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
sarit
sarit rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Amber Reineke
Amber Reineke rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Brianna Brown
Brianna Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2015
Dominik
Dominik rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Sahar Abassi
Sahar Abassi rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Kalen
Kalen rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Amie
Amie rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2017
Scott
Scott rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2011
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Josh
Josh rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2017
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, better known as the Rev. W. Awdry, was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, who starred in Awdry's acclaimed Railway Series.

The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. The first book (The Three
More about Wilbert Awdry...