Start by marking “Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10

(Yotsuba&! #10)

Yotsuba loooooves playing games! When Daddy's the counter at hide-and-seek, he can never find Yotsuba, 'cause I'm such a good hider! And when we go to the park, Yotsuba's the bestest at swing-tag-shoe-races. Daddy says Yotsuba's just making up the rules as we go along, but Yotsuba thinks Daddy's just a sour loser. But maybe Yotsuba will let him win once in a while...
Published October 25th 2011 by Yen Press (first published November 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10

Ryandake
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-good-shit
wow, if YOTSUBA doesn't make you want to be a kid again, there is something seriously amiss in your psyche.

ok but seriously. YOTSUBA (whom i cannot think about without all caps, cause well, that's just the kind of girl she is) is so beautifully and fully realized in this series. she's a kind of weird kid, but not an unpleasant one, and by manga terms she is probably the epitome of good mental health. well, actually, by almost any terms on the mental health thing. these books are an honest-to-god
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime and Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volume
The dad scaring the pants off of Yotsuba for lying was hysterical. I wish America had stuff like that just so I could drive the point home to my own kids.
Jhosy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's interesting as only Ena's mom is Mommy for Yotsuba...Miura's mom is not called like that for her 🤔 makes me wonder that she had a instantaneous attach to the neighbor.
anyway. like always...a cute and super funny volume. I can't get enough of this little girl
Estara
Oct 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of slice of life and children
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
Giselle Bradley
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads, 2015
#contemporaryathon book 5. This was my second time reading this and I loved it even more than I did the first time. These characters are just some of my all time favorites. These books always make me laugh and happy and I'm so glad I have them in my life! <3
Crystal
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, manga
This one was a little bit darker. It's interesting when Yotsuba acts like a kid (oh man, that part where she lies and has to go see that creepy statue...), but as always, delightful.
GL00M
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kentaro
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yotsuba's design become more iconic than the old volume.By the way author shows great drawing in ep67. It looks like a real appliance store.
Becky
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creepy statue part was pretty weird, and kinda sad, but otherwise it was delightful Yotsuba as always.
MissAnnThrope
31 May 2013

Having a shared affinity for sweet treats, I knew Yotsuba and I were kindred spirits but this absolutely solidified that belief even further:

(view spoiler)

And, yes, I too have the mentality of a five-year-old.

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 will undoubtedly entertain the socks off you. This volume will have you laughing with pancake fiascos, shaving mishaps, and strange vibrating machines. More importantly, this tenth volume will warm you
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh Yotsuba, you and your 4 year old ways crack me up. For the longest time I thought there were only going to be 9 volumes, but when I ran across a Japanese version of volume 10, I about fainted.
In this volume Yotsuba learns how to make pancakes, gets punished for lying, and is visited by her good friend Danbo the cardboard robot!
There's always a good laugh here and there in these stories. Yes, they are simple and childish. But, it's a simple pleasure that makes me smile.
When I bought this volum
Kricket
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, manga
in which:
-yotsuba has the same problem with pancakes that i often do
-there is an incident involving jumbo's beard
-yotsuba tells a lie
and
-DANBO RETURNS!!
TheLibraryOfSarah
2013: Omg so freaking funny and cute!!
Reread 2019: 3 stars
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, manga
this series makes me so happy!!! it's like cute overload, but in manga form! squeeeee!
Shirley
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Yotsuba. Every time I read these, I just get a huge smile on my face. A gentle but very funny read for young manga readers.
Arielle
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very light hearted and cute manga. I enjoyed how simple and wonderful it was, and it actually made me feel good as a mother of a three-year-old to see into the head of Yotsuba. My only issue is that there were references to things I didn't quite understand, but that's only because I started reading in the middle of the series instead of the beginning.
Michael
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoy Life!

More adventures of the cute little Yotsuba as she visits a park, shopping at an Electronics Store, makes,pae innocncakes, learns not to tell lies, and meets again Danbo the Cardboard Robot. Yotsuba enjoys everything in life! The innocence of children!
Lee Ann
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
DANBO LIVES!!!! 5/5 stars, I love Danbo, I love Yotsuba, someone make these characters real life, I love them so much.
Heidi Burkhart
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series! I just keeps me laughing episode after episode.
mekkaouii_
Another favorite ❤, surprise surprise ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Reading the series backwards.
Ruba AlTurki
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Emmy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Yotsuba's adventures always crack me up! This little kid is such a piece of work :P I think what I love the best is how she's obviously a child, says very childish things, but then tosses out something that you would not think of a kid saying. My example here is (view spoiler) ...more
VOID Munashii
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, manga
Azuma once again manages to produce a volume of cuteness and happiness. As will all Yotsuba& books there is no plot to speak of, but it doesn't matter. This time around we get to see Yotsuba try her hand at cooking, hanging out with Jumbo, going to an electronics store, and being taught a lesson about telling the truth.
Most of the regular characters appear, including the Ayase sisters, Yanda, Miura, and a character who has not appeared for a few volumes now (I won't spoil that for you), but
Ashley
I didn't think I would read a Yotsuba chapter I found funnier than the "Yotsuba & No Bother!" chapter in volume 2, but this volume takes the cake with "Yotsuba & Pancakes!" I'm giving the whole volume 5 stars because it is among my top three favourites, even though some of the other stories in the book fell a little flat.

To read my full review, go to http://respectablecollection.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/yotsuba-vol-10/.
Elaine Lin
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11-summer-hw
Oh lord, she's starting to grow up now! She has learned many new things but there is still so much to go through in life. Yotsuba starts to roam around herself and experiences many new things by herself. She starts growing her independence and basically growing up. I just can't get enough of this series and i hope it never ends because it makes my day just reading and relaxing. This book is strongly recommended for anyone at anytime because it just gets your mind off things. Reading this book, g ...more
Noora
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ive read (1-10) Yotsuba!? books and this is one of my favorite manga. I love yotsuba, actually I can say that I wish I could have child like yotsuba.

Characters are great in Yotsuba. Yotsuba is funny little green hair child, who has amazing dad and dad has amazing weird friends. They also live in lovely area and they have lovely neighbors. Characters are so different and everybody of them all interesting.
Azuma tells really good storys and draws like really good. I laugh so much when I read these
Aischa
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite series. The only series, because it is not overly cutesy-poo or full of romance--it truly is a "slice of life". Yotsuba captures the essence of being a child. If you liked the film Totoro, you would love Yotsuba. You can find the books on Amazon, in English. It's not a problem.
Kiyohiko's art is just fantabulous! The characters are well drawn, and the background detail is always exquisite. As much as I hate suburbs, his drawings make me want to live there.

If anybody can recom
Carrie
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, z-2012
Check out the twilight-y, long-shadowed cover art on this volume. I like it.

This time around, Yotsuba breaks a bunch of stuff in the house while playing with a giant exercise ball, lies about it, and then learns a lesson about lying. Pretty heavy stuff, right?

But, she also learns how to flip pancakes, Yanda drops by for a visit, and Jumbo and Fukka take Yotsuba to an electronics store.

Sara
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apparently in Japan, if you're a child and you lie, you get taken to this crazy scary statue named Niousan to pray. The statue is so creepy looking that it scares you into never lying again. That ranks right up with this tv show in crazy but hilarious things from Japan imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls069e...

Anyway, Jumbo and Yotsuba got their own chapter in this one! Jumbo reminds me of my Uncle - both of them are tall and funny.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Yakitate!! Japan, Volume 5
  • Cross Game 3 (Cross Game, #6–7)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 7 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 9 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)