Start by marking “Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's Milk & Cookies Bakery” as Want to Read:
Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's Milk & Cookies Bakery

Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's Milk & Cookies Bakery

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
From New York City's popular cookie shop Milk & Cookies comes 89 tried, true, and scrumptious recipes for cookies, bars, and brownies. In Milk & Cookies, pastry chef Tina Casaceli shares classic family recipes, as well as favorites from her bakery. More than 45 good-enough-to-eat photographs, can-do baking formulas, and a friendly Greenwich Village vibe make this c ...more
Published April 20th 2011 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Milk & Cookies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milk & Cookies

Sue Smith
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

I love having a base dough with add-in options..... it just opens up allllll sorts of yummy goodness!! And what's better than one base dough? 5 Base doughs - that's what!!! Endless possibilities. And to top it off - there's all sorts of 'specialty' cookies and fabulous family cookies ... and if that's not enough ..... there's a few brownies and bars in there too.

*sigh* I'm in cookie heaven!
Lindsey Jane
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Not just cookies! (although there are plenty of those in this book) You'll also find brownies, bars, biscotti, and a few other pastry items. Most of the cookies are built off of a base (vanilla, chocolate, oatmeal, peanut butter) and then further customized. Measurements include standard measurements and weights. There are basic cookies, fancy cookies, usual cookies, and unexpected cookies.
Kristin
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I got this from the library, but I'm going to buy it. I love the way the chapters are organized - one base dough per chapter, then pages about different mix-ins and methods. This is really the only cookie book you'll ever need.
JDAZDesigns
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm on the fence on the recipes but I do love when a cookbook can teach me new techniques. And this book has a few new techniques worth trying.
Hana Jay
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook is amazing! I tried about 8 recipes so far and it was fun baking all those sweet treats. It includes not only America's most favorite cookies but also other favorites like brownies and heirlom recipes from Tina Casaceli's family. The good thing (that also makes the baking easy) is that most recipes have a "base dough" which can be altered with various ingredients (e.g. nuts, extracts, dried fruit). This gives you a big variety of recipes and when you start feeling more comfortable ...more
Brandy
Picked this one up at the library but might as well buy it - I've been copying down recipes all afternoon, haha. Although there are a few ingredients that I don't have the slightest idea where to get, the majority of these cookies and related treats are very newish-baker-friendly. I have everything on hand for some chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies...they might be happening tonight :)
Cagne
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
A great variety of recipes, but not enough pictures, it's a bunch of big white pages with only text on it, specially for the alternative/regional recipes towards the last part (although the editor switched from putting random artsy kitchen pictures in between chapters to an assortment of cookies from the recipes in the following chapter, not all of them, but at lest some).
Darcy
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this cookbook was set up. There were 5 main recipes, very basic dough, then the following pages would use the dough as a base with lots of fun stuff for different varieties. I can't wait to try some of these recipes.
Susie
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked that they divided into vanilla cookies, chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies, etc and provided the base cookie recipe for each before walking you through add-ons. And I don't know half the cookies in the specialty section!
Rebecca
Dec 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a beautifully designed and photographed book, divided into five base doughs with add-ons. I'd like to try Milk Chocolate-Caramel Cookies, p. 24. Baker's things I will probably not buy but am intrigued by: silicone baking mats, electronic scale for measuring, electric stand mixer.
Liz De Coster
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hobbies, food
I really like the idea of different types of base dough that you can turn into a wide range of cookies.
Wendy
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I'm not a big fan of cookbooks that have 'base recipes', and then a bunch of different ways to use them. Also, 3 sticks of butter in a batch of cookies?! Whoa!
Brett
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I really like that there are a handful of "base" dough recipes, & then several variations on each.
Marlee
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Not too crazy about having base recipes then adding diffrerent ingredients for different cookie.
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I want to bake every one of these recipes. Just enough personal touch & family history with killer baking science.
Christina
I am more of a cake person than a cookie person, but I made several recipes from this book. The one recipe that I keep making is the Crispy Chocolate Chip Bar. Really simple to make and it's good!
Mary
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yummy!
Carla
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This is a great cookie cookbook that has cookies that are just down home yummy!
KarenLana