Start by marking “Class Dismissed” as Want to Read:
Class Dismissed

Class Dismissed

A College Psychology Professor in Austin has apparently murdered almost his entire class of 35 students during his final. Five students have survived, although they remember nothing. Chase a local hero cop in Austin, from catching the "Sorority Killer" a few years earlier, is on the case. He's trying to locate Bill the professors teaching assistant who has disappeared, esp ...more
Published January 20th 2011 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Class Dismissed, please sign up.
Amy I had a feeling it wasn't Tom and that Holland had something to do with it, but the actual ending was a surprise.…moreI had a feeling it wasn't Tom and that Holland had something to do with it, but the actual ending was a surprise.(less)

Start your review of Class Dismissed
Christi Massey
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, library
When I first started reading this, I thought I was going to hate it. It started out a bit too cheesy and hard to follow for me. CAVEAT: I did start reading this while waiting for an orchestra concert to start. So part of the inability to follow could have been due to general ADD due to all the conversations around me. LOL SOOOO glad I stuck with it. It totally hooked me and slayed me, thankfully unlike lots of characters in this book. Its premise is terrifying, though. GREAT read!
Mary Manson
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really Keeps Your Attention

I really enjoyed this book. Very fast read, flows smoothly and seamlessly as the story switches back and forth between present day and several months ago. And, yet again, a new author to add to my ever growing list of favorites!
Casey Seabolt
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read. The book twists and turns taking you on a fast paced psychological thrill ride. Looking forward to the next thriller.
Ellen Stenzler
I really liked the premise, and I really liked the storyline...I just didn't love the book.

It kind of read like a late 80s teen slasher movie...plenty of gore and crazy ways that dead bodies are found...but the acting is just so-so.

I wasn't a huge fan of the writing style, though I liked all the twists and turns the book had in it. I would have liked a little more explanation of motive, but I very much liked the twist presented in the epilogue.
Cheri Ross
Very Disappointing

Characters are underdeveloped, plot is unconvincing, crimes are barely mentioned. The only bright spot is the author's facility with words.
Penny P Hammack
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Usually I start a book, read two or three chapters, then if it doesn't grab me I move on to something else. This book was such a train wreck that I actually finished it. I didn't like it any better at the end than I liked the first two chapters. For characters you have an Austin cop, a FBI agent (male and female), and several students. I hope that no self-respecting Austin cop or FBI agent ever acts this way. They fall immediately into lust, drink way too much, and seem to have unlimited time to ...more
Patricia
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was a terrific story for a first novel. Sometimes I had to think a bit moving between chapters as they skipped from present to past and kept me on my toes trying to keep up with the author. You can barely conceive of attending a class where the professor was as bizarre as this one. Even more weird was his Teaching Assistant, Bill. I knew the professor was toying with everyone he encountered but surely did not figure out the level of his reach. Let's just say I was quite surprised by ...more
Don Svedberg
Jun 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst detective book I ever read. Totally unprofessional detective/FBI team. Stupid story premise. Nothing made sense. This is probably the worst review I have ever given. I never like to leave a book unfinished and I couldn't wait to complete. Even the conclusion was a jumbled mess. Sorry Mr. Petry. Lucky for you my opinion seems in the minority. You can't win them all. ...more
Becky
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this 1st novel by Mark Petry. Having lived in Austin, I knew of most of the locations mentioned. The story is full of twists and turns and just when you think you know “who dunnit” you are wrong again!
Julie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
May appeal to fans of "How to get away with Murder". Many plot holes and inconsistent start times for the class bothered me. ...more
Jen
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book- the ending was a surprise that I didnt expect, and the murders throughout the book were exciting without being overly gory. As a football fan, I loved the football references. My only nit would be that I had trouble understanding the true intentions of the professor- I would have liked to see his character built out a bit further. Would recommend this book, which I read in one sitting because I wanted to see what happened!
BonusMom
Very interesting concept

This is a new take on murder mysteries and was executed pretty good. The grammatical errors could be overlooked. Moving from past to present had me a little confused at the beginning as did the relationship between detective and FBI agent. Everything of course came together in the end.
Aisha-Kimberly Hashmi
Jun 03, 2018
Jane Palzere
Nov 11, 2018
Mark Petry
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alan Brenham
Jun 04, 2018
carol butler
May 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Justified (Madison Knight, #2)
  • A Perfect Tenant
  • Cicada Spring
  • The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
  • No Safeword
  • A Dark Justice
  • Shutter House
  • Mindless
  • A Predator and A Psychopath
  • Dinner Party Massacre: an Extreme Horror
  • The Emporium of Fear: A Halloween Horror Anthology
  • The Angel of Vengeance :  An Extreme Horror Novel  (A Glimpse into Hell, #1)
  • Say You're Sorry: Book One (DCI Campbell McKenzie #1A)
  • Bitter Roots (Bitter Root Mysteries, #1)
  • Tuesday's Child (Psychic Visions, #1)
  • You've Got Tail (Peculiar Mysteries, #1)
  • Killer Deals: Savannah Martin Mysteries 1 & 2
  • Pulse (Kate Redman Mysteries, #10)
Mark writes mystery/suspense/thrillers.
He's all about the big surprise ending. His first book, Class Dismissed, has an ending hardly anyone sees coming...
Solitaire has an even more surprising twist!

News & Interviews

“It’s a long walk. It’s also the third time he’s been down this hallway. “Why do I bother?” 0 likes