Start by marking “The Spanish Groom” as Want to Read:
The Spanish Groom

The Spanish Groom

It started with a ring...
César Valverde was the man with everything. But his beloved godfather was in poor health, and César knew that it would please Jasper if he got married, preferably to Dixie Robinson... Well, perhaps a temporary engagement would be enough to make Jasper happy.

And ended in marriage...
Beneath Dixie's baggy sweaters César discovered a beautiful, sensual
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2037, 192 pages
Published May 25th 1999 by Harlequin Presents (first published May 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Spanish Groom, please sign up.
Nabila Anjum It's a norm with Mills N Boons. The ending is always rushed ;)

Sandra
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Heroine Dixie and Hero Cesar come to an agreement to have a fake engagement to make Cesar’s godfather Jasper happy. (Jasper's health is failing).

I didn’t really care for Dixie. At first she seemed sweet and funny but as the story progressed she started to annoy me. She was just too naïve, too clumsy, too ditzy. Cesar was okay but I really couldn’t understand why he was even interested in Dixie (besides lusting for her voluptuous body). I liked Cesar’s godfather Jasper. I thought this book would
Chantal ❤️
I loved this book. Wow That scene in the gym and the one caught eating a midnight snack was epic!!!
I felt it and it was very intense.
I loved the hero even if he got it wrong at first.
He more than makes up for it.
Love Lynne Graham!
This was is a keeper.
StMargarets
Re-read May 21, 2018

Still the perfect comfort read! I was struck this time by the masterful evolution of the hero's character. He was so jealous of hapless Scott. LOL

The scene with the personal trainer alone is worth reading the book. The heroine is lovable and the hero is totally thrown off his game. If I ever have a goldfish, I'll know what to name it.
Leona
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hqn-presents
I just loved Dixie....and Cesar became very endearing. At first, I was scratching my head, but quickly got into the screwball antics of the two. This was very well done and I understand why it has held up as one of the all time classics.
KatieV
A 3 is not a bad rating. I know some people think it is. It means 'I liked it', which I did. I can also completely understand why it is a favorite among many. This is totally a matter of personal preference. I prefer my HPs to be more of a crazy OTT trainwreck or to have lots of angst (or both). That's why I seek them out and Graham has been known to write some good and angsty hot messes (see Tempestuous Reunion).

This book was good too. It kept me engaged and the heroine was definitely entertain
Rhapsody
Jul 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers who like clueless, quirky heroines
Shelves: fiction, romance
Cesar is a brilliant and calculating businessman who owns a bank. The only person he loves is his godfather Jasper, the compassionate, old-fashioned scholar who raised him. When he learns that Jasper is dying, Cesar panics, realizing that he has yet to fulfill Jasper's fond hopes of him settling down with a wife. Dixie works for Cesar, having been given a position at the bank on Jasper's request. When Cesar learns of her debts, he fires her, but convinces her to pretend to be his fiance for a fe ...more
Fre06 Begum
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Really cute heroine.
Mareli
Aug 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I feel a bit uncertain here, because this book had flying colours and instead for me it did nothing.

Probably not my cup of tea, I disliked the heroine, really TSTL for me, one of the big doormat I ever read... she would have everyone and her postman walk over her and in the end she would have thanked them, too!

No. Too much saint and naive, I cannot believe she never thought about contraception even after having sex... nobody could be so naive!!!

I tried to justify it because it's an oldie, but it
Penny Watson
One of the most charming HP books ever! Even with the plethora of misunderstandings (yes, I just used the word plethora in a Harlequin review), this book is fantastic. The heroine is so adorable and the hero doesn't stand a chance.

Bonus: cute dog AND hilarious goldfish storyline

LOVE THIS BOOK!
Jenn - Reviews
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I usually really like Lynn Graham but I absolutely hated the heroine, Dixie. She was an idiot like few I've ever read about before. I couldn't see the sweetness others talked about in their reviews. I saw stupidity on an unbelievable scale. She even continued with her infatuation with another man even after she was pregnant with the hero's baby! Im used to stong educated women like Olivia Gates always writes about. I can't believe the only person I liked in the book was Cesar, the hero.
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Nothing new to add to reviews by StMargarets, Vintage, Sruthi, Ivy H, Chantal and Brenda

Just wanted to comment on a couple of things:
- Spanish father and Italian mother equal to childhood destroyed. Ask Luis Miguel.
- Her clumsiness aside, I didn't like her at work. I loved her starting her role as the fake fiancée.
Ivy H
Review of book read years ago.

Dixie, Dixie Dixie. LOL. This girl has got to be the absolute funniest heroine ever written by Lynne Graham. There was so much comedy in this novel. Dixie has the biggest heart ever. She genuinely cares about people and is a sweetheart. Cesar meanwhile is a stuffy but sexy rich tycoon who thinks Dixie is drab plain and plump because she dresses in extremely baggy and ill fitting clothes. It was so funny to read his reaction to her unveiling, when he saw that Dixie w
Jacqueline J
I really liked this one. I enjoyed the way the heroine seemed to continually fluster the hero. She was not your usual doormat heroine but was cute and funny. And he was not an ass to her all the time. A very nice story and worth reading.
Megzy
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 stars.

Really fun to read; it is unlike many other romance books. It's funny, heart warming, charming and romantic. There were parts that made me laugh out loud.
bookjunkie
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequins
Okay so throwaway little Harlequin novels are my guilty pleasure and I read a LOT of them, especially the older ones. This one, I've just decided on the second read-through, is actually my favorite!

At first you think it's the typical setup with the poor broke girl and the impossibly handsome rich guy, and well yes, it is. Dixie is broke, poor, and sadly inept at her job. Cesar is crazy handsome, very rich, head honcho at the company, etc. I realized this one was different as soon as it became c
Sruthi
BEST HP EVER .

I LOVE THIS SOO SOO MUCH ( You feel my excitement right ? ) This has to be the best Harlequin ever . This is not exactly like a review , I am just in awe , this book is a keeper .

Dixie , sweetheart , naive and timid girl who is already in love with her ruthless boss Cesar in her subconscious mind even before she actually saw him in his eyes . Somehow he manipulates her to be his fiancee just to give some peace of mind for his dying god father Jasper . Jasper loves Dixie lik his o
Tina
Simply outstanding! I swear to God, this must be the absolute best Harlequin that I've ever read. I treasured every moment I spent reading it.

Highly recommended.
Vintage
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I know some people found the heroine annoying, but how can you not like a heroine who names her cannabilistic fish after the hero?

This little gem has many of the tropes we all love and hate in a Harlequin, but it has the nice twist of a bamboozled and very confused alpha hero taken down by an adorkable heroine.

Shelby
Jun 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance/Humor Lovers
Shelves: alltimefavorites
I know. This is one of "those" books. I picked this up to skim through while waiting for someone at a local bookstore and it became one of my favorite little reads. Lynne Graham is a very talented writer and this book isn't JUST about sex (there is a little, duh) but it also is very well developed with rich, funny main characters, nice story arc and leaves a smile on your face at the end. Whenever I am blue, I read this book because it is just cute and makes me laugh. I recommend this one for a ...more
Margo
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This really has a wonderful balance. The h is not worldly, but can be very wise, whereas the H is a cynic just waiting to be converted. There are some very funny moments.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Dixie Robinson has never been good at anything. She's clumsy, far too trusting and couldn't keep a job if her life depended on it. The one thing she's done right is to befriend an elderly man and keep him from being lonely. She'll do anything for Jasper, especially when he falls ill--except marry his godson. After all, Cesar Valverde doesn't even like her. But as Jasper is rushed to the operating room, Dixie is rushed to the altar. Before she knows it, for Jasper's sake, she's saying "I do." Is ...more
Sincere
Mar 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: annoying-heroine
I super-hate person like this.
Is she any good? I don't think she's naive, she is TSTL
and she does everything wrong , I mean everything

I know this novel will be good (after read some review)
but I just can't tolerate heroine.

She's very clumsy , stubborn , can't keep her mouth shut and lack of common sense .. who put goldfish in fountain of company OMG

this is suppose to be comedy ,but seriously I have a headache while reading this...

April Brookshire
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin
This book may have a lame Harlequin title, but it was one of the funniest books I've read and Dixie is definitely the best Harlequin characters of all time. In some ways she reminds me of Bridget Jones, but without the cynicism. She frustrated the hell out of Cesar, with his opposite personality. Even his insults to her were funny.
Tapasya
Rating : ★ ★ ★ ★
Lead Male Character : Cesar ★ ★ ★ ★
Lead Female Character : Dixie ★ ★ ★ ★
Plotline : ★ ★ ★
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Verdict : Aww...☺

This book be like..

description
Lauren
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite m&b romances. The two main characters were sweet. The main female was ditzy, but not in a "I want to grab her and smack her head against something".

And the main male wasn't a complete dick.
Sometime
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book is actually very funny. The H is a cold manwhore who is thrown off his game by the sweet h. The angst is bearable because she honestly could not care less about him. She never reacts how he expects and doesn't care about his money, power or his spoiled manbaby tantrums. They slowly fall in love and after many misunderstandings, get their HEA.
Azet
Finally..my dearest ladies and gentlemen.!I have now read this book i so desperately have looking forward to read since three years ago when i saw the beautiful cover of this book.

Of this AMAZING,passionately,sensually,funny and charming love-story between the cold-blooded and ruthless Silver-Eyed devil of a Mediterian Tyccon Cesar Valverde and the extremely bright and Charming Curvy of a worthy heroine Dixie Robinson.
OH MY GOD..their chemistry was was..was SO INCREDIBLE EPIC!

Just WOW dear Lynne
Kaycee ❤️

OMG! I loved it! It was fun, hilarious and steamy and did I say fun? It was over-the-top silly, but it made me laugh so many times. And best yet, the steamy parts were hot. Then there's the story, the witty dialogue, the complicated-almost-an-ass hero, the sweet-sunny-lovable-virgin heroine, the whole cat/dog thing between H/h – there was never a dull moment in this book! Was it perfect? Of course not. But I absolutely adored this story!

I adored Cesar. This guy keeps his emotions in check and a
LuvGirl
3.5 stars. This was a cute little read. It took me almost a month to read because I had a crazy December and was extremely busy, but I knew I was enjoying it because I was always happy to pick it back up whenever I got the opportunity. Usually a clumsy heroine would irritate me to no end, for the simple fact that I never met a soul in real life who constantly bumps into things 24/7. I was able to get pass it in this book though. It helped that the book was pretty funny. I laughed out loud quite ...more
  • A Passionate Marriage
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Breaking Point
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • The Love Conspiracy
  • Separate Lives
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
  • Rightful Possession

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1