Start by marking “How To Do Everything: (From the Man Who Should Know: Red Green)” as Want to Read:
How To Do Everything: (From the Man Who Should Know: Red Green)

How To Do Everything: (From the Man Who Should Know: Red Green)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
It may not be great literature — but at least it's handy.

From the mastermind of the hugely successful The Red Green Show comes a book that is going to change your life, or at least make you laugh  — a lot  — whenever you pick it up. And people are going to be picking it up for many years to come, because — like the long-rerunning TV shows  — there's not a topical gag in th
Published October 12th 2010 by Doubleday Canada (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How To Do Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Do Everything

Rebecca McNutt
Comedic, original and different, How to Do Everything is a Canadian book with a ton of humorous material, everything from weird home repair tips to strange trivia.
Bookworm Smith
I'm on a humour streak, this is the third in a row and by far the funniest. This whole Red Green thing; the duct tape jokes, the terrible handyman stories, and the 'man' views of life's little moments, are all starting to make sense to me. I can finally relate! It's only taken thirty years. With all this life experience under my belt I can relate, which leads to laugh after laugh. I'd say this book is aimed more towards the middle aged man, but, I'm mature for my age...guess that's why I find th ...more
Angela Burkhead
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A step-by-step guide at how to do nothing... I mean everything. Packed full of ideas to help you succeed at failure, this book is a laugh from page one. Your marriage and pocket book will be better off for reading How To Do Everything, and if they're not, be thankful it didn't destroy your pocket book. If for no other reason, pick up this book and give it a go to find out how to be a better Renaissance Man by learning from another mans example, and then never make the same mistakes.
Jeff
Oct 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
If you've never seen "The Red Green Show" (and if you haven't, check your local PBS station now!), this book makes a great companion to the TV series. Red's taken a bunch of funny "Handyman Corner" and "North of Forty" segments, and spread them out among 250 or so pages, with his trademark humor, sarcasm, and wisdom.

So remember, after reading this book, "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Rabya
Loved it. Another definite must read- contains practical life advice accompanied by homemade crafty drawing illustrations. Photo on back cover is priceless. Red Green's essential tool for most life problems: duct tape.
ems
this is sooo offensive. (to average canadian white men over 40.) HAHA

Brian
Jan 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, media
An enjoyable read, but most of this humor, in my opinion, is better suited for a visual media. But how can you not love chapters like "How to outsmart a raccoon"?
Jeremy Peacock
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Written as little 1 or 2 page excerpts. Great as a bathroom read, but would be hard pressed to stay interested for longer than 5 mins.

Bryan
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a Red Green Show fan, this is fun stuff. It reads somewhat like Dave Barry with less sarcasm and exaggeration.
Elden
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, humor
I did not find this book as funny as I was hoping it would be. The main problem I think is that his style of humor is very visual, which just did not translate well too book form.
Ryan
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious as usual.
Craig
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the unfamiliar, The Red Green Show is sort of a Canadian cross between "Hee Haw" and "This Old House." Now it that sounds like something that would appeal to you, you'll like this book.
Stephanie
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadiana
Three words: Canadian comic genius!
Lance Taylor
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Canadian Comic Genius! So glad I read this before going to see him live on stage.
Jonathan
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun. Good for idle times -- short sections demand no continuing attention.
Wendy DePaul
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I needed this kind of comic relief. I loves me some Red Green!
Wanda
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really fun book. Reminded me so much of the show. Quite entertaining.
James Wilkie
  • Not Quite the Classics
  • The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures
  • Highly Inappropriate Tales for Young People
  • Two-Minute Mysteries
  • Kentucky Dreamer (Golden Filly, #4)
  • Various Miracles
  • World According to Twitter
  • C'mon Papa: Dispatches from a Dad in the Dark
  • Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large
  • Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain, and Finally Turn You into a Worthwhile Human Being
  • 99 Reasons to Hate Cats
  • Falling Backwards
  • The Unincorporated Woman (The Unincorporated Man)
  • How Not to Die: Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer, and Healthier from America's Favorite Medical Examiner
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • Persuasion: A New Approach to Changing Minds