Start by marking “One Heart ~ Two Souls” as Want to Read:
One Heart ~ Two Souls

One Heart ~ Two Souls

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  802 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Concert pianist Julia Gable has spent her life on stage. Exceptional, brilliant, beyond compare; she has captured the hearts of millions of people around the world. But when she loses everything to the careless actions of a drunk driver, Julia leaves notoriety and a failed engagement behind in search of anonymity. All she needs now is time and a chance to heal. Unfortunate ...more
Published March 25th 2011

To ask other readers questions about One Heart ~ Two Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Heart ~ Two Souls

Hbeebti
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
3.5 I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I enjoyed it and the storyline was good. I think what bothered me was Grayson. He was possessive to point of obsessive. Which doesn't usually bother me to much but for whatever reason it did in this book. Also they fell in love in like a week and he was already making plans for their future right away. She just didn't know it.I also think that he was a little insecure.Is it just me or is being called darling old fashioned? Makes me think of Historical ...more
Phoebe
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was an okay read. I think the only thing I didn't love about it was Grayson's overall personality. He wasn't just loving, protective, and all that. He was borderline scary and obsessive and possessive. The boy couldn't control any of his feelings it felt like. She couldn't be away from him for more than like 5 minutes. I just feel like the "love" was overdone and turned into a weird creepy obsession at a lot of points...
Robin R
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this book in one sitting because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! I fell in love with the characters immediately and HAD to continue reading their story!! E. Kelly pulls you into the story and never lets you go. Reading about love so true took me to another place. Fabulous sex scenes added to the intensity of the book and were in no way gratuitious. This was my first of her books but will certainly not be my last!!
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
This by far is one of my most favorite books I have ever read and I have read alot! I love a book that sucks you in...makes you feel what the characters are going through. This book is one that will make your heart truly ache when her heart aches....your pulse race when his pulse races. This author is just amazing and has become one of my new favorites!
Rose
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finishing reading all three of Kelly E. Kelly's books. I found them to be inspirational and a wonderful read. Each story had a plot, well detailed characters that you could imagine them and their stories. Made me laugh, cry and get angry at the villians. Can't wait for her other books.
Leigh
May 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, unfinished
This book couldn't keep my interest at all. Nothing seemed to be happening, the main characters were 1 dimensional and their relationship was so very unrealistic.

Started off engaging because we jump straight into the aftermath of a tragic event, but the two leads fall into a relationship that quickly develops into "too sweet" territory. Julia just got out of a painful relationship not to mention career changing accident, and Graysons infatuation with Julia is possessive and borderline stalkerish
Shelley Chastagner
Very engaging. Strong characters, both the male and female leads. While he is very alpha male, she is no pushover. Their complete commitment to one another makes for a wonderful thread throughout. We still see the female lead struggle after a previous relationship that ended in complete disaster. Her inclination is to react as she would have to her previous boyfriend. He is NOT willing to be cast in that shadow. The interplay of these two with her family is refreshing. It would've been nice to s ...more
Betsy Harmon
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Grayson is very determined, maybe a little too determined for my taste. Julia could have been a bit more stubborn. However, what an amazing story! My favorite character of the entire book is Maria. She just give that special little umph. To have it all, then lose it; I couldn't imagine. Then you realize that what you had was merely a tiny drop in the bucket; that there is so much more to life.

Chapter 21 - WOW!

Mary
Nov 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the storyline of the book was terrific. Brilliant musician with her career dashed but then finding love. It should have been a great book but I found myself skipping bits that I thought were boring.
The hero, Grayson was very possessive and domineering. His behaviour would have worried me. Just reading the book I felt smothered by him and felt like shouting. "Back off"
Rise Michele
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read; I totally enjoyed the romance and suspense!!!
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another must read!
Miranda
Mar 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish the book.. It wasn't engaging enough & the male lead seemed a little obsessed. It was a tad creepy & a little too sweet, if that even exists!
Mel Schneider
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love these two characters
Candice
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
First of all, didn't anyone find it weird that Grayson had been in love with Julia for 8 years? He didn't even know her! He even let it ruin previous relationships. FREAKY! He basically had this "plan" and planted seeds in her head for their future from like day 1 of meeting.

Now that I think about it, how old are they? He said he's been a fan since his early teens and let's say 13/14--that would make him 21/22. He's already written 8 bestsellers and is uber loaded? Really? The way he acted/talk
Mel
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story. It follows Grayson and Julia on their journey of self discovery, discovery of each other and learning how to be together through life's turmoil's.

Grayson has admired Julia from afar for years as an avid (almost obsessive) fan. Julia loves Grayson's work as an author. They find on their journey strong connections and new feelings when it comes to loving someone.

The only thing I found off putting about this book is Grayson's obsessive and often stalker like reactions to Jul
Lisa
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another free Ebook. I picked this ebook based strictly on the title - I thought it was one of those "I love you because ..." type books. It wasn't - it was a regular romance novel ... with sex every few pages. NOT what I was wanted to read. Even if they were not as graphic as they could have been - I just didn't want to be reading "ook sex" every 3-4 pgs. It seemed to me the purpose of this book was to write about the couple having sex ... there wasn't much plot to it beyond the sex frequency. T ...more
D.S. Williams
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story, it was an absolutely delightful romance between a concert pianist, forced into retirement after a tragic car accident, and a successful book author.
There have been some complaints from other reviewers, because they didn't like the strong alpha male character of Grayson. I tend to disagree with their opinion and loved his caring nature with the heroine and his honesty about his wants and desires in regard to pursuing a relationship with her.
One Heart - Two Souls is a sweet rom
Princessdarcy
This book is good at the beginning but the author only knows one way to describe things. Whole sentences are repeated multiple times throughout the book. Got old and predictable fast. Also she didn't seem to know who she wanted the 'hero' to be. He was, as another reviewer said, stalkerish and borderline violent. Very confusing/off putting. Two stars cause it was on sale and reasonably titillating.
Fernanda
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
:) uma agradável supresa
demorou um pouco a desenvolver mas acabou por ser uma historia muito bonita.

Temos 2 personagens com a sua quota de sofrimento e que num acaso se revelam almas gemeas.
A ação tem algumas quebras, mas mais para o fim da história, dá uma salto qualitativo em termos de desenvolvimento dos personagens.

Um romance não acepção simples do termo, onde em cada momento sentimos a luta, o amor e o desespero de aceitar o desafio que é viver em harmonia com a sua outra metade.

Rhonda Beard
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a difficult time with this book. I didn't hate it but at the same time I didn't love it. The synopsis drew me in but the characters at times pushed me away. Grayson was a bit over the top too fast... It was weird, I kept expecting the worst from him not a happy ending if that makes sense. I liked that you got to see lots of characters thoughts but at times it did get confusing. The overall story concept was great I just felt that it was a rushed timeline...
Audrie Cruz-Sealey
I think what happened to Julia was sooo sad...but it ended up okay at the end.

I really think it spoke to those that are scared to dive into something brand new...especially when something horrific just happened (her accident and break up with a real jerk).

Grayson is an Awesome Guy!! He is just what Julia needs and he is right next door...can't get better than that :)

Katie(babs)
Feb 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-award
DNFed half way through. It fails big time because of lack of an editor. Too much back and forth head jumping between the hero and heroine in scenes and awkward and stilted dialogue. Also some of the scenes felt out of place and odd. Took forever to lift off.

A pass.
Marie Harper
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book. It was so romantic. Grayson and Julia are an amazing couple who overcome a lot for their happily ever after. I jus wish the author wrote faster. I have read everything she has written & I am impatiently waiting for more.
Audrey
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply an amazing, emotional read! Such a roller coaster of emotions - sorrow, love, joy, angry, to WOW. Could not put this one down. Loved how the characters interacted and how the story unfolds. Simple elegance yet classic romance.
Melanie
Feb 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not worth the time, I just couldn't connect with the characters, it seemed too bizarre to keep my interest. Language was bad and there was constant making out. Feel bad because the storyline could have been great, had it been written better. Not one I would recommend at all.
Dana
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
overall i liked this book but found it pretty slow, there wasn't much in the way of conflict. I found the character of Julia pretty one dimentional and boring. I reallybenjoyed the other two books by this author but this one was lacking.
Erika
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite of Mrs. Kelly's books so far. The issues that are brought up through out the stories are very realistic, not just the tragedy but the struggle to move on as well. I look forward to reading her next book.
Hawa Laher
Apr 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was too rude for me, I could not carry on with it. the first few chapters that I read were very boring & so unrealistic. I dread to think what the rest of the book was like after reading some of the reviews.
Priscilla Ferrell beeks
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

Beautifully written love story of Grayson and Julia. You can feel their connection as you read this story. Read this in one setting.
Mel
Jan 12, 2016 added it
Great read!

I loved this story. It follows Grayson and Julie who meet under unusual circumstances. See Gray has loved Julie from a far as a fan for many years.
  • Callie's Story (Now and Forever, #1.5)
  • Alison
  • Until You
  • Necessary Detour
  • Broken
  • No One But You
  • A Man For The Summer
  • Getting Real
  • The Fourth Sunrise
  • The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal (The Wilsons, #1)
  • Racing to Love: Carter's Treasure (Racing to Love, #1)
  • Love is all around (Looking for Love #1)
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • Sweet Water
  • Love
  • Too Darn Hot
  • From Now On
  • Coming Home
“I understand that sometimes awful things happen in life, through no fault of our own. I also know that sometimes really amazing, wonderful things happen too. The trick is to focus on the good things and learn to live with the bad.” 0 likes
“Ahhh. That’s because there is no such thing as too many books.” 0 likes