Start by marking “Get Well, Good Knight” as Want to Read:
Get Well, Good Knight

Get Well, Good Knight

(Good Knight #2)

Cough cough. Sniffle sniffle. Achoo!
The much-heralded Good Knight and his three little dragons are back-only this time the dragons are sick in bed. They need the Good Knight to come to the rescue again and tend to their sniffy, drippy noses and fevery heads. The dragons refuse to take anything yucky, so he has to come up with a special cure. Because he is a Good Knight,
Published October 14th 2002 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Get Well, Good Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Well, Good Knight

Ayla
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shoutout to my future ambition in life giving me an excuse to read my favourite childhood books
Billy Noecker
Cute story that all beginning readers can relate to. Everyone gets a cold, and in this story, the three dragons have come down with colds. The good knight standing watch puts it on himself to take care of the situation. After multiple visits to the wizard, he realizes that the dragons do not want anything gross to cure them. He then recruits the help of his mother, who comes up with chicken soup as a remedy. The dragons get better, and we learn that mothers know best. Great story.
Danette
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Mama knows best.

8/29/18 Read with Julia.
Nancy Meservier
Get Well, Good Knight tells the story of three little dragons who get sick. When their friend, Good Knight, finds out, he runs to a wizard to find a cure, only things don't turn out that well. Get Well, Good Knight is a friendly story about dragons and knights for kids that love fantasy, but may not be ready for some of the more advanced fantasy books. The book makes use of repetition and the rule of three (it takes the Knight three times to find a cure) to create a familiar mindset for young re ...more
george
Three little dragons are sick in their cave. Feeling awful, their noses drip and they sneeze and cough. The good knight, while keeping a close, watchful eye on his kingdom, discovers the achy dragons and sets out to make them better. He goes to the old wizard who knows just the thing: a pot of soup. But the dragons refuse to eat it because it's a scaly, snail-y soup. How will the good knight get them better?

Cute book with sweet illustrations. The book is listed as an early reader book, but I don
Autumn
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We picked this book up from K's school library.
I have never read a Good Knight series. And I really enjoyed reading them to K. They are repetitive so that helps those that are reading. We Get Well, Good Knight we see the kind good knight help take care of his dragon buddies. K and I found it funny when the good knight went to see the wizard and he was adding not so good ingredients into a pot. We had a good laugh at what he was adding. This is a great read for those that I would say are level tw
Samantha Weatherford
Love this series of books! The poor little dragons are sick, so their good friend, the Good Knight, tries to help them get better. His attempts do not turn out so well, as the remedies only make it worse. In the end it teaches the importance of being a good friend and the comical tale of how to get better. Great read aloud for kindergarten and first grade. Independant for first and secong grade. Uses illustration, sequencing, and repitition to scaffold the reader.
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-lit
Malcolm says, "I like the title because it was 'get well' and I thought it meant get well to the knight. And I like how the knight talks like 'methinks!' because that was funny. And also, knights usually fight dragons, but this knight says, 'me little dragon friends' and they usually fight them but he's their friend. And that's all."
Leslie
Sep 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-readers
My little reluctant reader Aspie (obsessed with dragons, knights, etc) loves all the good knight books. They will appeal to boys and girls 'cos they are about noble knights and cute little baby dragons. The stories are sweet and kinda funny. I think we've read them all from the library and have started collecting them for his own little library.
Dolly
Jun 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
This is a fun story to read aloud with children. It's a bit long for younger readers to read on their own, but perfect for a bedtime story. It has a repetitive narrative that is comforting to kids and expressive and colorful illustrations that go perfectly with the story. Our girls really enjoyed this story.
Laura McLoughlin
Very repetitive. Would be great for kid's perfecting their reading skills. Shaun questioned my enthusiastic narration but any knight who walks around with the name Good Knight would probably be a bit over-the-top!
Avaj
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you do with three sick dragons? Well if you were a knight you would try to find them a antidote that will bring them back to health. Many potions are created to do just that, but in the end it is a simple fix that only the knight would think of the simplest of them all.
Teresa
Jul 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Really fun read for the kids!
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Woke up to my 5 year old reading away this morning. 7am... Apparently that is my cue to make the weekly trip to the library. He said this book was, A GOOD ONE! :)
Nora
Jun 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
MCL. I liked when the dragons said "Yuck" to the two soups.
Elizabeth S
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: c-beginner
Sometimes books with repetition and patterns become stale and boring rather quickly. Not the Good Knight books. These offer something clever and delightful at each step of the way.
Kaethe Douglas
Really good for beginning readers. Fine for parents the first time through. But I wouldn't say the hold up to close textual analysis.
Tricia
For an easy reader, this humorous title actually reads well due to a strong story with some repeating lines. Will appeal to young beginning readers.
Robin
Nov 13, 2014 added it
one of my favorite beginning readers EVER!
Matthew Bell
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really funny!
Myles
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First he knight takes three pots of soup to the dragons and they got all better. But then the knight got sick.
Alexandria Hiam
A good knight helps three little dragons who are in bed with a cold. One book in a cute easy reader series.
A