Start by marking “Betrayal (The Descendants #1)” as Want to Read:
Betrayal (The Descendants #1)

Betrayal (The Descendants #1)

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  2,925 Ratings  ·  325 Reviews
Where there is love and power, there is always... betrayal.

At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the my
Published March 28th 2011 by Mayandree Michel (first published March 1st 2011)

Vinaya
Okay, I tried. I really, really did, but when Evan's liquid blue eyes practically leapt out at me, I couldn't take it any more.

Seriously, there are awful books, and awful self-pubbed books, and then there is Betrayal. It's truly in a league of its own. This is a book that should never have seen the light of day, let alone been given rave review after rave review. Think I'm being unnecessarily harsh? Why don't you try this on for size -

Something dashed right through me. Right through me! The va
Harley
Nov 27, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, Cookie Monster said it better that I ever could:
rude-cookie-monster
There was awful spelling, overused similes, dragged-out descriptions, and pretty much non-existant plot. I was caught between laughing and launching the thing at the wall. I chose to laugh, because I read it on my laptop, and these things are expensive.
But honestly. What the crap.

'The periwinkle empire mini dress was made of delicate cotton, and was perfect for this profusely obscene weather.'

Profusely obscene...wait, what? I think that's jus
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Read This Review & More Like It On My Blog!

I struggled mightily with this book. I liked the idea for the story (descendants of the Olympian Gods have a hidden, secret Empire in present day and also vampires, werewolves, etc). However, it was a good idea poorly executed in many parts of this looong book.

Coming in at 662 pages, this is far from the longest book I've read this year. However, I feel like I was counting every single one of those six hundred odd pages; it literally sapped my stre
Jean Valjean (OG 2010)
Gods, Goddesses, shifters, vampires.. Betrayal had it all. Forbidden love, scandal, secrets. Michel paints both beautiful and grotesque imagery in the first installment of her freshman series The Descendants. The beginning drags a bit, not gonna lie, but some disturbing, and life changing events grab you by the shoulders and you realize what a gem you’re holding in your hands. There’s a wealth if information in this book, and nothing is lacking. From character building to world building, there w ...more
Adrienne
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got to read this amazing novel pre-launch and as soon as it debuts I'm running out to get a copy!
M.Michel is a new author who has written a compelling story of love, deception, magic, greek myth, historical fantasy, and time travel - what a winning combination!.
I couldn't stop reading until I finshed, and then wanted more.
The protagonist, Cordelia, wasn't the average teenage girl you read about these days (weak and dependent on some guy she met yesterday - ugh!).
Cordelia was very likable be
HєllyBєlly
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Mistyreign
May 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't spend the measly 99 cents for this book after reading a couple of 1 star and 2 star reviews. I do realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion so I decided to form my own. I succumbed to the gorgeous cover and finally bought the ebook for my Kindle.

I'm THRILLED that I did! Luckily for me, I didn't let those 1 & 2 star reviews deter me.

I didn’t think it was slow as others are describing. The story grabs you from the beginning with the detail. The author lays out the fo
Jules
Betrayal, the debut novel by author Mayandree Michel, doesn’t read like a debut at all. This book has all of the necessary elements for a really great paranormal romance. It’s engaging, with a fantastic storyline and outstanding characters.Mayandree’s capability to create engrossing three-dimensional characters is spectacular. In my opinion, the characters drove the story as well as the plot. Evey single character was essential to the story and not a prop. With each introduction of every charact ...more
Debrah
Every once in a while you come across a book that is as brilliant as it is breathtaking. Betrayal is the one!!

I loved, loved, loved this book. I would shout it from the mountain tops if I could. At first I was thinking – what a gorgeous cover but 600 pages - yeah this will drag but a few chapters in and I was hooked! Just when I'm thinking OMG this book is amazing and it can't get any better than this - it got better and better! I couldn't put it down. I was reading it every free moment I had.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 15, 2015 10:41AM
  • Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga, #1)
  • Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1)
  • Camille (Camille, #1)
  • Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)
  • Destined (Destined, #1)
  • Exiled (Immortal Essence #1)
  • Lure (Siren's Call, #1)
  • Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, #1)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1)
  • Earth (Elemental, #1)
  • Between the Sea and Sky
  • Gifts of the Blood (Angel's Edge, #1)
  • Silver Smoke (Seven Halos, #1)
  • Demon Kissed (Demon Kissed, #1)
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Winter's Shadow (Winter Saga, #1)
  • Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1)
Mayandree writes young adult paranormal romance and historical fantasy. When she's not writing, she's playing with her kids, reading or sketching. Her first novel, Betrayal (The Descendants, #1) & 2nd, Sacrifice (The Descendants,#2) are available now. The third novel in the series, Mercy, will release in September 2014.

Websites:

More about Mayandree Michel...

The Descendants (3 books)
  • Sacrifice (The Descendants, # 2)
  • Mercy (The Descendants #3)
“I didn't come here to fight with you. I’m here to fight for you.” 49 likes
“Hope is what one relies on when one has no control of one’s fate. We, my dear, have nothing in common with those who rely on hope,” Thaddeus proclaimed.” 12 likes