Start by marking “Biology of Plants” as Want to Read:
Biology of Plants

Biology of Plants

Long acclaimed as the definitive introductory botany text for majors,
Biology of Plants is especially known for its comprehensive coverage and
its magnificent art program.  The new edition offers a wealth of new information, especially in the areas of taxonomy, genomics, plant hormones, and Arabidopsis research.
Hardcover, 7th Edition, 944 pages
Published December 17th 2004 by W. H. Freeman (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Biology of Plants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biology of Plants

Alex Miao
I read select chapters from this book in preparation for the USA Biology Olympiad. For my purpose, this book was a bit too detailed but definitely provided important insight into plant physiology. One of the best aspects of the text was the diagrams and drawings which greatly improve understanding. However, images are not positioned well relative to the page; I found myself flipping forwards or backwards three pages to find the image being referenced. The book suffers from a lack of organization ...more
Cheri
Jun 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT READING THIS BOOK IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY
Sofia
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks, owned
An absolute treasure, whether the focus is on anatomy, evolution of physiology. Back when I was an undergrad, this book had been the sole responsible for saving generations of students from failing the course under a terrible teacher.
Kevin
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
An excellent reference for plant-related information. From the basics to a fairly decent amount on physiology.
jrendocrine
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this slowly over the last year. It's gorgeously illustrated, thorough, well structured - everything anyone could want in a textbook. Though I may be the one of the few that wanted to read a textbook.
Alexa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Thanks for helping me pass my botany final, I really appreciate it.
Tami
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes studying plants almost enjoyable. They are not just boring creatures, they are much more 💖
Sathvik Kakanuru
This book dives in to the intricacies and exquisite details of biology, especially in relation to plants. At first, starting from a broad perspective of fundamental biology to narrowing down to the specialties and differences of plants, the book explains the processes and concepts of biology clearly and concisely. The pictures in the book are phenomenal and provide a whole new meaning to the text in the book. The formatting of the book helps show the importance of various words and their definit ...more
Brenda
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
This edition is out dated and had to go to the internet for better information.
Winnie
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous!!
Mandy
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books. It's a wonderful reference book. I also enjoyed reading it cover-to-cover.
Saura
Sep 13, 2011 marked it as uni
I love this book.
D
Jul 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that is heavy on detail. This is an awesome text on everything and anything you may want to know about plants.
Chen
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbook
UBC, Biol 210 - Vascular Plants. Interesting course, book is good for a general read, well illustrated.... doesn't go into much details...
Ari
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I prefer the summaries to actually reading the text. Biology requires a lot of attention to memories and detail.
Elena
Jul 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to understand, great diagrams, and a world of information.
Bioluso
Aug 17, 2009
Jenna
Jan 13, 2019
Gul Bano
rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Ooltg
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Plant Physiology
  • A Field Guide to Eastern Trees: Eastern United States and Canada, Including the Midwest
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Western Region
  • A Peterson Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico
  • Birds of North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • Integrated Principles of Zoology
  • Brock Biology of Microorganisms
  • Plant Identification Terminology: An Illustrated Glossary
  • An Introduction to Behavioural Ecology
  • Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch
  • Biology of the Invertebrates
  • The Consumer's Guide to Effective Environmental Choices: Practical Advice from The Union of Concerned Scientists
  • Evolutionary Analysis
  • Darwin
  • Forest Gardening: Cultivating an Edible Landscape
  • The Complete Book of Edible Landscaping: Home Landscaping with Food-Bearing Plants and Resource-Saving Techniques
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region
  • Biology
Dr. Ray Franklin Evert (Ph.D., 1958, University of California, Davis) is Katherine Esau Professor of Botany and Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin.