Start by marking “Discovery at Rosehill” as Want to Read:
Discovery at Rosehill

Discovery at Rosehill

Finding your dream home is difficult enough, but what if you found it and then discovered it was haunted?

Medium Camilla Armstrong is led to the beautiful Rosehill country estate after communication with her deceased grandmother.

On first inspection she senses tranquillity within the house; the gentle atmosphere of a Georgian manor that is crying out for new life. But when s
Kindle Edition, 2, 259 pages
Published April 30th 2014 by Amazon KDP (first published March 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Discovery at Rosehill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovery at Rosehill

Nikki Bywater
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Imagine moving into a house that is haunted. This is what happens to Medium Camilla Armstrong when she is led to the Rosehill country estate after communicating with her deceased Grandmother. The house is an old Georgian manor that is in need of some care and attention and the life putting back into it.

When Camilla first visits the house, she senses tranquillity and a gentle atmosphere and she feels an aura of warm colours around its walls. For her it is the missing piece of the jigsaw, the pie
Rea Cobb
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had just finished reading a chick lit book which had a slight paranormal feel to it which is not something I usually go out of my way to read ( I am terrible and getting stuck in my comfortable genres!) and yet I really enjoyed that kind of style to the storyline so I decided to come out of my comfort zone a little further and read a much deeper paranormal suspense book.

Our main character is Camilla, who is a medium. Camilla didn't come across as the eccentric character I was expecting she fel
Louise Graham
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Discovery at Rosehill is a book by Kathryn Brown about a Medium, Camilla who is drawn to Rosehill County Estate by her deceased Grandma. The house is in desperate need of saving not only from tumbling down before her very eyes but also it would seem from the visitors inside.

Camilla has a big task ahead of her with not only the renovation of the estate but also fitting into the Country life. A Medium is not a welcome addition to the small village especially when she strikes up a friendship with t
Lauren Howell
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read things about psychics/mediums even though I'm huge into the paranormal, cryptozoology and things like that and I don't really read romance (as a genre at least, I don't really mind if it's woven into a story as long as it's not the main aspect). My main source of reading enjoyment has always been fantasy and YA adult books. The book was a little slow for me to get into but I think that just had a lot to do with getting used to the genre, then when the author introduced the ...more
Linn Halton
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychic-romance
Did Camilla choose Rosehill or did Rosehill choose Camilla? Medium Camilla Armstrong falls in love with the charm of the Rosehill Estate, but the house is full of memories and spirits that linger on. As the story unfolds, despite the fact that Camilla is an experienced medium, even she is puzzled by the information the house and its occupants give up little by little. She is being led down a pathway of discovery and all she can do is follow and see where it leads. Love unexpectedly beckons as sh ...more
Rebecca Emin
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the first paranormal romance book that I've read and I was amazed how hooked I became; as soon as I started reading it I didn't want to stop reading.

Kathryn Brown has done a wonderful job, creating believable characters and an interesting romantic plot as well as a truly fascinating paranormal story.

I hope to read more by this author as I enjoyed her writing style.
PATSY ANN MAULDIN
Interesting read

The story is well written, it keeps your interest. The subject of paranormal versus the beliefs of organized religion adds another aspect to the story. I enjoyed reading it.
Sue
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I originally started this blog in response to becoming an Associate Reader for Love A Happy Ending and having chosen my authors duly read and reviewed their books. Kathryn Brown is an Associate Author and I hadn't initially chosen to read her book because I wasn't sure about the paranormal side of Discovery at Rosehill. Anything like that and I usually run a mile, however, I got to know Kathryn and decided I should broaden my reading, so I offered to read her book.

Initially, I thought romance an
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read Discovery at Rosehill in just a few sittings – and well into the night – as I couldn’t bear to not know what was going to happen next! And during those hours reading, I grew quite fond of Camilla Armstrong, the main protagonist.

The story opens as her deceased grandmother leads her to Rosehill – a rundown Georgian manor house. And where most of us would probably find the house entirely empty, Camilla, a medium, senses the spirits of a variety of visitors to the house and is able to commun
Susan Mann
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Camila is a medium who is drawn to Rosehill Country Estate by her deceased Grandmother. The house needs a lot of work done to it both on the surface and the ghostly goings on. Camila finds it difficult to fit in with the country life style and befriends the local Vicar, whom is called Marcus, which develops into being a little more than just friends. Does he believe in what she does? Can their relationship work? He is a man with a secret of his own.

The characters are believable and the romance t
Sharon Muir
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you love a good romance, mystery, tragedy, and some supernatural antics, then you'll love Discovery at Rosehill.
I settled down to read, thinking, 'just a few chapters, then I'll pop off to sleep', however, I found the story so easy to fall into, that I continued on into the small wee hours. I became like an invisible observer; watching closely as the plot unfolded.
I cared about, Camilla. I wanted to know what the spirits were trying to tell and would she love who she was meant to love.

The s
Melanie Robertson-King
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved it! The vicar with his conflicts of career and believing in the spirit world and the medium who he finds himself attracted to. The centuries old mansion still in restoration plays host to a number of lively characters... most of whom are from the spirit world.

Kathryn spun her tale of spirits and the living into a beguiling read that made me wonder right to when she was ready to reveal the secret at Rosehill, while making me root for the vicar, Marcus, and the medium, Camilla, to get togeth
Ann
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
The book opens with Camille, a medium, setting eyes on the beautiful but run down estate of Rosehill her deceased grandmother has guided her to. She moves into her new home begins renovations. Many visitors show up at Rosehill, both living and dead.

Katherine very cleverly weaves a layered multi-faceted story. This is a story where intrigue and secrets abound. Ghosts pop in and out regularly. A past love and new love collide. Which one wins? Friends are lost and mysteries are solved. This is a r
Barenakedmummy
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book is based around the lead character Camilla, a medium who is drawn towards Rosehill and told to live there by her Grandmother (in spirit). The book throws us into Camilla's life and the many spirits that lingers in the house. By bringing a love interest into the story, Marcus, local vicar the story unfolds giving lots of twists.

Not normally my kind of book but I loved the way that the author made it an easy read, the characters were normal and not way out in any way
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but I have to say I enjoyed the sequel Secrets at Rosehill more. Although the story was good the writing style was nowhere near as accomplished as Kathryn Brown's second book. In places the use of vocabulary was a bit odd and I think the proof reader must have been having an off day. Having said that it was still an enjoyable read. 6/10
Pauline Barclay
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy reading paranormal books, you will love Discovery at Rosehill. I do not normally read these kind of books, but found this very believable.The characters both in our world and the next were very well portrayed. It is more than a love story with a surprising twist at the end.
J.B (Debbie)
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! A paranormal love story with a twist. I love a good ghost story!!! Quite creepy in places! I loved it! Loved the Camilla character. So strong as she communicates with spirits in an attempt to unravel the mystery of her connection to Rosehill!
Kristy Pimm
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book gripping and easy to read, with likeable characters and an interesting story line.
Harrison Davies
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful...a must read for anyone, even if it's not your normal genre.
Lisa
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Follies Past: A Prequel to Pride and Prejudice
  • The Case of Lena S
  • Patience Becomes A Lady (The Hawthorne Diaries #1)
  • An Heir of Uncertainty
  • Sun's Parting Ray
  • Marta Oulie: A Novel of Betrayal
  • The Angel of Time
  • The Copper Witch (The Broken Line, #1)
  • Turning the Stones
  • Just A Kiss (It's In His Kiss, #0.5)
  • Fool's Gold
  • Scarlet Woods (Scarlet Woods #1)
  • Daughter of the Regiment