Start by marking “We've Been Waiting For You and Other Tales of Unease” as Want to Read:
We've Been Waiting For You and Other Tales of Unease

We've Been Waiting For You and Other Tales of Unease

'Not until after her death did his mother actually come to live with them full-time.' Thus begins John Burke's 'One Day You'll Learn', a chilling ghost story in which a monstrous woman refuses to loosen her hold on her son and his family, even after her death. Many of Burke's stories concern the dead, and the power which they continue to wield over the living: a power whic ...more
Published July 21st 2000 by Ash-Tree Press

Be the first to ask a question about We've Been Waiting For You and Other Tales of Unease

Demeter
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A most satisfying and well written collection of tales. Most are concerned with the consequences of human relationships but don’t lose sight of the macabre and creepy.
Riju Ganguly
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
I am done with this book, and have reported in the general update: have moved it back to a corner.

There is a bengali saying that once you start cooking rice, you can get an idea about the state of affairs (i.e. to what extent has the rice got boiled) by pressing just one rice. That saying turned out to be so true for this collection! Alas, one buys books (esp. from the venerable Ash Tree Press with the hope that stories would be different from plain rice!
Apr 04, 2013