Start by marking “To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)” as Want to Read:
To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)

To Love a Witch

(Novel Nibbles)

Jake thought he had a juvenile delinquent witch in need of rescue. Romy couldn't decide if he was a kidnapper, liar, or too good to be true.Throw in Tattoo Boy, sparking fingers, and a seven-year-old who can see the future, and you have all the makings for a romance. Really. Well, there's some really great linguine and a duet from West Side Story, too.

Novel Nibbles are sna
Published March 29th 2011 by Fireweed Publishing

To ask other readers questions about To Love a Witch, please sign up.
Cheri Walsh All of Ms. Geary's Witch Central books are no longer available through Amazon. I'm not sure where you can get them now :(

Sid Frost
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Love A Witch is billed as a novel nibble because of its brevity, and that's why I selected it. For you Kindle readers, it is 974 locations in length, estimated to be 71 pages. I had just finished reading Stone's Fall which is 610 pages and was looking for something I could finish in a hurry. I hesitated at first because of the title and because the next book to read for my neighborhood book club is about the Salem witch trials. But this one by Debora Geary looked different. It looked like it ...more
Cyn Bagley
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I picked Geary for my new author experiment because I was interested in her modern witch series and being totally honest, her books were reasonably priced. This particular story is more a novella than an actual novel, but it is well written and easy to read.

Romy is a fire witch that fell through the cracks of the Witch Sentinel system when she was fourteen. Because she was considered an arsonist, she spent years in juvie in the mundane system. However the new Sentinel finds her as she tries to k
B.C. Deeks
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled on Debora's To Love A Witch late one night when I couldn't sleep and gave it a try - for 99 cents it wasn't a big investment. And it was just what I wanted. A cute, short and easy read that sent me off into dreamland with appropriate thoughts of a hot,gallant hero I could love and a heroine I could identify with. It's hard to find sweet romances that also embrace the paranormal element for some reason but I love them. I'd much rather my uber-alpha hero had magical powers rather than o ...more
Gretchen Fatouros
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-witch
Not long enough, but helped with witch central cravings. Can't get enough Debora Geary's books.

I'm always a sucker for a nice romance. Added magic, a plus. Can't help but enjoy Jake and Romy. Debora Geary does a great job of understanding people, and really adds dimensions to the entire book. Just wish there was another book with Jake & Romy after this one.

Order for reading these books:
Modern Witch (Modern Witch #1)
Hidden Witch (Modern Witch #2)
Witches on Parole (WitchLight #1)
Witches Under
MK
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not related to Geary's Witch Central characters ... YET! Geary says it will be hooked in to those stories in the future, in some sure to be wonderful, not yet released (or written?), Witch Central story.

Oh,and ps, story is a delightful little read, all on its own.
Gina
Goorreads Description- Jake thought he had a juvenile delinquent witch in need of rescue. Romy couldn’t decide if he was a kidnapper, liar, or too good to be true. Throw in Tattoo Boy, sparking fingers, and a seven-year-old who can see the future, and you have all the makings for a romance.

Really.

Well, there's some really great linguine and a duet from West Side Story, too.

I really don't like fantasy books from going all the way back to high school when we were forced to read The Hobbit and othe
Dear Velvet
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
True Romance - With Witches!

I received this Nibble from the author, and found it to be as with the first Novel Nibble in the series, a short and sweet romance, with believable, heart-warming characters

Jake is a witch hunter who is also a witch, tracking down talented newbie witches who have slipped through the net and are in need of guidance, education and friendship.

In a world where the last hunter was not interested in female sorcerers, failing to contact them as little girls and help them dea
Witchbaby
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Slight spoilers in the review but it’s revealed in the first 10% of the story.

Take a kid that was thrust into the foster care system & add fire. Romy spent several years incarcerated in juvie for her own natural powers escaping. Add an egotistical ass who feels that only boys should be taught witch craftery and then add 10 plus years to the mix. Now you have an untaught fire witch setting off Witch Sentinel’s Alarm System. And it makes for a truly interesting read. I loved the fact that Rom
Laurie
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, steamy
Jake is sort of a social worker for witches. He is new to the job, but is dedicated. He begins searching for a witch who hasn't got her powers under control--she's accidentally started a few fires. He ends up at a juvenile detention center and when he uses a spell, he finds her. He's going to get her out of there and quick.

She doesn't want rescuing. She's not a juvenile either; she's a grown woman who is helping the kids there put on a production of "West Side Story". Jake is floored; but she i
Mandolin
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

Romy doesn't want to be rescued...it's a little late for that, since she already suffered through juvenile detention and has the soul-scars to prove it. She's finally learned to bottle away her magical power and isn't going to let anyone - even a hunky witch on a motorcycle - convince her that it is anything but harmful. Can Jake get under her tough girl shell and help bring out the amazing witch that is cowering inside? She melts his heart with her fiery personality and causes his world to trem
Andie Murray
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
First off I'll say that Ms. Geary gave me a free copy of this "novel nibble" after I reviewed Matchmakers 2.0. I'll try to be as objective as possible, but wanted to be upfront about that.

Like Matchmakers, this is a fun, short read that is great for airplane rides, waiting in line, or just an afternoon of light reading. The story is fast-paced and interesting. I don't normally read paranormal fiction, but the witches are fun and interesting, and the author's inclusion of a group of people looki
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a short, sweet and funny story about Jake, who is a Sentinel. He has been recruited to an area that has been sadly neglected and as such, he finds that a lot of witches have fallen through the cracks. He says that he is not a knight in shining armour, preferring references to Jean-Luc Picard and using a flying motorcycle (think Hagrid but not as big!). From the start Jake is funny, warm and caring but sure as hell not to be messed with.

Romy is a fire witch and is one of those who fell th
Urs
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
This was my second of Debora Geary's Novel Nibbles. I was apprehensive about reading this because I am not really into witches.

The story is centered around Romy, a witch who has had trouble controlling her powers all of her life. Quite by accident, Romy encounters some people that help her learn to control her power. She also gets a chance at love along the way.

As with Matchmakers 2.0, the other Novel Nibble that I read, Debora Geary has crafted a set of enjoyable characters in an interesting, a
Vivian
Apr 04, 2011 rated it liked it
To Love a Witch is a new "Novel Nibble" or a novella by Debora Geary. I've read some of her other writings and enjoyed them and this was no different. Although I feel that the witch, vampire, were-animal characters are being done to death, this provided a nice little twist. Jake is a male earth witch and basically a witch social worker out to find young witches in trouble and provide assistance. He receives an alert and heads to a local juvie detention center and meets Romy. He initially thinks ...more
Karen Fowler
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: witches
There is a reason why Debora Geary's Witch books are so popular. They are heavy on the magic / paranormal without all the darkness and danger that fills the genre. I'd even go so far as to call them uplifting and positive, which is rather rare for witch books in general. Perhaps it's because the characters in Geary's books are not pitted against Bad Guys or Evil-doers. Rather, their biggest struggles are internal... learning to harness their powers, trust others, "do no harm" so to speak.

This n
Rhonda
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
It is a nice short story but wished it was longer. Jake just moved to a new area to be on lookout for new witches who needed help to control thier powers or rescuing. He finds Romy who he thinks is in juvenal and tries to help her escape. Romy tells him he is 15 years to late. She is in charge of drama thier to help teens to cope and learn how to act. Jake finds out that for 40 years that part of the country the old sentinal was ignoring female witches and reporting false reports over 80 girls w ...more
Brie
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
As always from this author, this was a fun read. Wish we got more of Jake's background, it seemed like it was quite interesting, however, the novella format doesn't leave a lot of time for exploration.

It may just be because I recently read another of this author's stories (To Have and to Code, but it seemed like the same character appeared in both stories and this story occurred prior to that one, which caused there to be some very glaring technical anachronisms, but I can overlook that and enjo
Bree
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
www.breesabookworm.com

Novel Nibbles are these awesome books that only take like an hour to read. They are perfect for a quick read on a Saturday afternoon, during lunch break, whatever. I love them!

This is the second Debora Geary Novel Nibble I have read, the first being Matchmaker 2.0. Hit the link to go to my review. That book was good, and so was this one! Even though they are short, they have a complete story and a solid romance that doesn't feel too rushed.

Anyway, the book was good! I like
Christine
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This was a neat story. A little contradictory to a few tenants of the other series, but not really. In this series witches are discovered and helped by 'wardens'. In the other two series individuals and families helped to discover and assist witches. Though the other series were limited to Berkley and Nova Scotia so it is possible there are other systems set up in different parts of the world. I did enjoy that the new warden was trying to correct decades of mistakes, and succeeding one or two pe ...more
Laura Jerwood
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Am hooked on this authors books. Lovely story but only gave 2 stars as far too short. Think if it had been fleshed out a bit it would have been as good (or better) as her other books.
Would recommend if you've read her other books, but not if you haven't as it's not the best introduction to her fantastic work.

Hope these characters appear in the other books a bit more and we get some back story.
Ines
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jake is looking for young witches who need help with their magic. Romy is a witch who is trying hard to forget the magic that got her into a lot of troubles while growing up. Now she is helping other kids to get a second chance through arts, and one fine day Jake and Romy's paths cross. She can't believe him at first and he has a hard time trying to figure her out, but it eventually turns out into a delightful short-story filled with lovable characters, a lot of sparks and italian food.
Emilystarr373
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Flying, earthquakes, fire and fun. Debora Geary knocks another one out of the park! This delectable little novel nibble stars Jake a witch hunter/finder who searches for new witches that have come into their powers that have somehow slipped through the cracks. Once found he brings them safely into the witching community. Now insert tough as nails Romy..she's battle weary and very leery of any guy that says he's here to help and the fun begins..
Kitty
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm afraid I'm going to start sounding like a broken record for this author, but all her stories are just so much fun! While the story (and characters) are completely different from the first "Novel Nibbles", they both share this quality I just can't quite put my finger on... it's like all her stories include people I would like to know in real life - smart, funny, caring, but still flawed enough to feel real. I just want to step into these books and live there.
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, paranormal
A cute paranormal romance novella that had plenty of action and an interesting enough plot but not a lot of reality. I did like the part about helping juvenile delinquents find a way to a better life. Jake believed Romy was an untutored young witch and tried to rescue her from a detention center for kids.
Linda
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Debora's Nibbles! They are interesting, witty, short and so much fun. She never fails to draw me into the story and I simply love the characters she develops. I hope she writes some more with Jake and Romy and their mission to help young witches. Debora has such a vivid imagination; I can't wait for the next Nibble! I would recommend this to everybody who needs a little escapism.
Bkwyrm
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
WAY more fun than I'd thought. I like the world she's created, I like the characters, and even though this is more of a "novelette" than a novel, the story was satisfying. It got me to actually buy one of her books (I picked this one up when it was available for free on the Kindle), which, oddly, I'm not enjoying as much.
Matthew
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Still fun, but this was a more traditional romance than the other books, focused on a man and woman falling in love, and the love seemed a little compressed, a little simplistic and there were a lot of inconsistencies with other books.

This just didn't have the same level of development or thought as her other books.
Chris Adonn
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
To Love a Witch was definitely a FUN read. The story was interesting and very different from the average fantasy romance. I loved the concepts, characters and the engaging writing style of the author! Well written from start to finish. In fact it was un-put-down-able! I’d gladly recommend this book to anyone who loves a sweet romance with a strong dash of magic.
April
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters in this book . You will definitely fall in love with them. I am now craving more from it. I also love the fact that you go from bad images of people to the good hearted side of them. I recommend giving this book a try, it is definitely worth it.
Sue
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: after-dark, ebook-r
Cute, very likeable

This is a nibble, if you like this you'll love A Modern Witch series...there it has the time to explore the connections and the humor. This is a taste...of what you can find.

• Illegal Magic
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Witch Way
  • Every Witch Way But Wicked
  • Demon Hunter and Baby (Aisling McKay, #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • An Ordinary Fairy (The Willow Brown Stories, #1)
  • Blood of Dragons (Witch Fairy, #7)
  • Blood Moon (Cat Clan, #2)
  • White Witch (Coven, #1)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Ishmael Toffee
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Dreams of the Compass Rose
  • Greatest Clicks: A Dog Photographer's Best Shots

Novel Nibbles (2 books)
  • Matchmakers 2.0 (Novel Nibbles)