Start by marking “Ethereal (Celestra, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ethereal (Celestra, #1)

Ethereal

(Celestra #1)

Sixteen year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking.

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the
Published March 26th 2011 by Addison Moore

To ask other readers questions about Ethereal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethereal

Kala
Oct 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
This book is awful! The author uses extremely short chapters (almost James Patterson short) and the plot is choppy and confusing because of it.

The main character is boring and unlikeable. She's described as perfect with long, flowing (and of course, never frizzy) blonde hair and perfect crystal blue eyes. She moves to Paragon Island, into the house where a murdered girl (Chloe) lives. The dead girl's best friend (Brielle) immediately runs over and becomes best friends with Skyla for some unknow
Ivana
Jul 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Am I the only one who thinks Skyla is a slut?
Even that, I could forgive, but she's shallow too! She's a shallow slut!
In the beginning of the book, she already shows indecision about Gage (awesome) and Logan (sucks). (view spoiler)
She is unbelievably stupid and ignor
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
I have just one thing to say:

description

Elizabeth
Mar 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, dnf, rak
Do not read this book!

One of the worst book I' ve ever read and that's saying something because I've read awful books but this tops those books. The reason I dislike this book so much was because it was plot less all the book was about Skyla thinking two guys are hot and not knowing which one hotter and which one she wants to sleep with. All the characters ever thought about or talked about was sex having sex or thinking about having it.I seriously don't even know why the author tried to add a p
Rosie Moss
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I am on the fifth book of this series and let me tell you granted by the other reviews yes the first book is a bit slow but stick with this series because the others are absolutely fantastic! I can't believe people are complaining about this book I am really enjoying the series and I really don't want it to end! The books are also fairly cheap and I think that the short chapters are good because when you finish one you instantly want to read another! I understand for you angel lovers out t ...more
Courtney Wells
Ethereal is a book that quickly establishes itself with vivid characters, snappy descriptions and pacing that holds the readers attention enough to keep turning pages. The plot's supernatural aspects as well as mundane ones ensnared me so quickly I read half the book within two hours and finished it not long after.

Ethereal has an irreverent tone in both narration and dialogue that is entertaining to read while reaffirming Skyla's general disposition. The tragedy and upheaval ingrained in her ba
M.
I think I'm way too much of a cynic to read YA novels. I just started to read Ethereal and I can tell it will have a bunch of cliches. So far we have our heroine feeling an instant connection to a gorgeous, mysterious, rich guy. She is a virgin and he used to be a player. What's up with that? Why do all heroines have to be virgins? It's the 21st century and authors still keep sending the message that if a girl is not a virgin she is a slut. Whatever. Oh, and there is another gorgeous guy who pro ...more
Jeanette
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was FREE for kindle on Amazon, and a colleague had recommended it to me based on the fact that I occasionally read YA fantasy romance.

Based on reading the book, I assume the reason they could offer it for such a reduced price is because it was written by a teenager and they didn’t bother hiring an editor. (Disclaimer – I have no idea if this is true – this is merely based on the fact that the quality of writing in this book makes Stephanie Meyer look like William Shakespeare).

In addi
Maverynthia
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Twilight fans, people that like no plot and lots of making out
First of all I want to say, anyone who has been in an abusive relationship probably might want to skip this book. Parts of it can be triggering (the review might be triggering). It contains men trying to control women through speech and gestures, as well as objectification. It also has implied rape and dehumanization. Also on top of all this a huge topping of abelism!

The men in this book like to violate a woman's bodily automomy on multiple levels and it's shown as being "sexy" and "romantic". I
Jordan
Sep 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Look up the word horrid and the cove of this book is next to it, as in DO NOT READ IT. It’s useless, stupid, idiotic, screwed –up and a waste of time. I will not be reading any more books in this series.

Being a fan of all things angel I can certifiably say that this book does not represent anything angel what-so-ever. The characters are poor, the story line is horrible, the chapters are too short and make almost no sense, and the writing in general is all wrong. Absolutely everything is wro
Amy Nielsen
Jan 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
This has got to be one of the worst books I have ever read. I finished merely so I could have all the ammunition for this review. Here goes...

I find this entire book to be ridiculously superficial. Not a single character, event or location was described or developed effectively. And if there were descriptions, they were of the most stupid things such as the fog. What is this author's fixation with fog? How many times do we have to read about the way in which fog can envelope a person, wrap a per
Brob
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed the wonders of technology that make things available to us today. I love the fact that I can access great stories that have not been published through the traditional route through Amazon. I try to take a few chances on these books because I know it will help those writing and because on several occasions I have found a really good book. Ethereal falls into this category.

Skyla is a fun lead character. She reminds me a little of a younger Merit from the Chicagoland vampire s
Veronica Morfi
Jan 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
Didn't see that coming...

Starting this book I thought I would love it or at least like it for that matter, but unfortunatelly that wasn't the case. I did not like this book and it's mostly because of the characters.

Skyla is the new girl in town. She moves in the house of a dead girl Chloe and soon takes over her life. Chloe's best friend soon becomes Skyla's same with Chloe's boyfriend. But Skyla has a secret (of course she does), she can hear people thoughts. And once she realizes that Logan,
Lynn Kelly
I was excited to read this book after seeing all the great chatter about it from the World Literary Cafe's Twitter team last week. Overall, I agree that Moore has a good base for an interesting story and is on the way to writing an intriguing YA series. The writing itself, however, needs some work and I'm glad I was able to download the book for free.

It seems like Moore was so anxious to force a relationship between Skyla and Logan that she skimmed over a lot of the background, including why the
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

DNF @10% or Chapter 4.

Why do you ask? How about when she says "God--I think I'm in love" to the guy she literally JUST MET maybe 12 hours before? Or the sudden acquisition of a power to read people's minds? Or the sappy paragraphs long goop fest over the set of abs? Or what about how she calls the son of her step-father her "half brother" when he's EXACTLY her age? (That's her STEP-brother - her half-brother means he shares one parent with her).

Abso-f@#$ing-lutely not.

I'll share al
Kyleigh
Nov 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
((Warning, spoiliy-oilies)).

Whoever likes this book really, REALLY needs to take a second look at it.

So I got it for free via Amazon Kindle, and at first I was like, "Whoo! A free book!" But then I did something akin to this number:

ohgodwhy.

This book is just a horrible mess of why's and what's and how the holy hell did that even happen? The author certainly didn't think about logic - or grammar (there were more than a few mistakes repeated over and over again) and it drove me to the point of
EvaS
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I am just too cynical and jaded to read YA. It’s just not my style and even when written really well (Twilight) I just find things irk me too much. So I should have been prepared, but I did not realize I was reading a YA book when I started Ethereal, so I am going to assume that the issue I with me… not the book.

I think the plot was original, and really good; but the story and character development was a bit off. It just didn’t seem genuine to me, and
Sanette
Dec 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Okay... so I'm not very impressed with this book. Skyla is just plain stupid. I mean if you just found out your some super rare blooded Angel wouldn't you want to know everything about it? Instead Skyla is so obsessed with Logan that all she can do is follow him around like a love sick stalker. She is seriously crazy and kind of creepy.

(view spoiler)
Amber J.
If Angels like the Celestra and Levatio really walk the Earth
-- we are in good hands :)

(just wanted to share my Amazon review)

I am IN LOVE with this book.

I love that this book is unapologetically spiritual: it deals with God, Angels, divine inspiration and intervention, the ethereal realm, and the dichotomy between good and evil in ALL of us, without being preachy or evangelical (I even liked that JC was never mentioned lol).

This is the FIRST time I've ever connected to the female protagonist
Hannah-Linn
Jun 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be...an acquired taste. The content is really love it or hate it, and I LOVEEEED it. This was sooooooo good.

I personally am a sucker fairy and angel books, but this was kind of an interesting twist on angels.

The book is about Skyla messenger, who's father and her can both read minds, and when her father dies her mom remarries and they move to paragon island off of washington from L.A. On paragon island, she learns that she is a Celestra, or a very high rank of angel that ha
Shawna LeAnn
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-books
Just so you all know, this review is not going to be very long. Because, I loved this book so much, I immediately bought book number two right after I finished this one. Because Addison Moore left me with such a cliff hanger I could not not buy book number two after that. In fact, I finished book number two before I even wrote this.

From twists and turns to amazingly swoon-worthy boys and relationships this book has it all. I did not know what was going to happen next from page to page, and I was
Courtney Cole
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

Ms. Moore brings an entirely new and fresh voice to the angel genre... and I liked this ever so much better than Fallen or Hush,Hush. Her main character, Skyla is witty and smart. She doesn't fall into the weak, whiny MC category that we have seen so much of lately. The storyline is unique, the dialogue is funny. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good paranormal read!
Colleen
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
BOOK LOVE!!! I didn't know what to expect from this book, but I'm so glad I took a chance on it because it paid off in a big way. Not only was the plot interesting, but the writing was beautiful. I hope the author plans on putting out the next in the series really soon because she left me wanting more. Excellent read. I highly recommend.
Stormy
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars.

Skyla moves into the home of a dead girl popular and loved by all around and she's freakin' jealous of the deal girl. She practically jumps in and says I'm better than the dead girl, realize this now and we wont have any problems. Vain little brat. She becomes bestfriends with the dead girls bestfriend and though nice at the surface she's a total bitch to her in thoughts. She hardly listens to what the girl is saying while greiving or anything else. She also jumps in and crushes on the
Amy Jones
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Do angels walk the Earth? They do on Paragon Island. For two years Skyla Messenger has believed she lost her father to a horrible car accident. Now she’s not so sure.

Her mother has remarried to a man Skyla is not all that crazy about. She and her sister and new step siblings are being uprooted and relocated from sunny LA, California to dreary Paragon Island. Skyla finds she doesn’t mind the constant rain and fog of the island, it better reflects her mood since her father died.

When she arrives at
Beth   (the one who is)
Jul 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
spoilers

There was so many things wrong with this book!! I'm sorry, I am not going to be nice about this review. I am sorry to the author because she added me as a friend..but I am not going to stop myself over this.. I NEED to vent.
I can tolerate a LOT of crap in my day .. But honestly this
was one of the worst YA books , I've EVER read. I'm not saying, I could do much better. But NO!
I can't help it. It was almost like, the author decided to sit herself down and watch all the teen movies. She
A
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book had so much potential, could have bee soooo much more.
But it wasn't. Worth the 71p but it seemed the book was empty, or the characters had no emotion, she was making out with two cousins and it didnt really seem to be an issue, time travelling and getting chased and kidnapped which seemed to be solved by a kiss. Really? A kiss the reader can't really savour because its more "he placed his lips on mine" All i can say is this must be some mind shattering kiss.

Then theres the fact that s
Susanne
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adulting-is-hard
I bought this book and read the first page and put my kindle down for a few days. Story: there's this girl moving into a house and on the first page is a dramatic announcement that the previous girl living in the house was murdered. (Sorry Addison--but I had to roll my eyes!)

A day or two later when I DID read past the first few pages, my "real life" outside of Skyla, Logan and Gage became completely suspended! I stayed up all night reading through the first 3 books!!

Addison Moore's has a great
Jessica Varney
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book series! Don't get me wrong- I am an avid reader, not simply someone who picks the "easy reads", nor am I one of those Twilight junkies who simply crave a little romantic and paranormal drama from a story. No, I like to be able to connect with the story and the characters.
I have read a great deal into this series, and I do admit the story becomes sluggish and boring after a few (seven) books. But up until then, I was constantly hooked. I got through a book or two a day, and simp
Rachel Harris
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ethereal was a fun read. I downloaded the sample chapter with the expectation of checking out a new author's work and adding it to my growing TBR Pile, and was hooked immediately. I quickly bought it and pretty much devoured it in one big gulp.

A few grammatical typos aside--all things I was more than willing to look past to focus on the hot boys--this was a well written story. The angel plot is tweaked to make it her own, and has lots of added twists and turns that I didn't expect. The mystery s
YA Buddy Readers'...: Ethereal (Celestra #1) by Addison Moore - GBR - Starting November 15th 2017 4 132 Oct 24, 2017 05:13AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Teens with their own abilities. [s] 13 45 Sep 05, 2017 01:52PM
Celestra Series by addison moore a TV series !! 28 332 Jan 23, 2015 12:24AM
Logan or Gage 24 112 Jan 01, 2014 10:24AM
BookSpark: Let's Talk...Ethereal! 9 23 Feb 06, 2012 08:00AM

• Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1)
  • The Trouble with Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks, #1)
  • Tempus (Tempus, #1)
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1)
  • For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1)
  • Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy, #1)
  • Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy #1)
  • Into the Shadows (Into the Shadows, #1)
  • Gravity (Gravity, #1)
  • Earth (Elemental, #1)
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • Glimpse (Zellie Wells, #1)
  • The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian
Addison Moore is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of mystery and romance. Her new book Yule Log Eulogy comes out July 11th.

Celestra (8 books)
  • Tremble (Celestra, #2)
  • Burn (Celestra, #3)
  • Wicked (Celestra, #4)
  • Vex (Celestra, #5)
  • Expel (Celestra, #6)
  • Toxic Part One (Celestra, #7)
  • Elysian (Celestra, #8)
“Play hard to get. You should be.” 239 likes
“Falling in love is a lot like death. It chooses you. It decides the moment and the chain of events that will preclude the precise intersection of life in which it occurs. It uses you—treats you as though you were malleable in its warm pliable hands. It doesn’t bother to ask if you want it, or need it, just fills the gaping hole of destiny’s design” 33 likes