Start by marking “Cat vs Human” as Want to Read:
Cat vs Human

Cat vs Human

A hilarious collection of over 100 four color cat cartoons including cutting edge design and snarky commentary about the joined lives of cats and humans. The hugely successful blog catvshuman.com receives over 6,000 page views per day, and many of its cartoons have gone viral. 40% new material unpublished on the website.

Yasmine Surovec began sketching her clever and sarcas
Published October 4th 2011 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

Kwesi 章英狮
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what will happen when cat wanted to kill human, and human wanted to throw their cats away. Can you feel it guys, the pain, the loss of the cute little specie that dominates the mind of every cute people. Who said no! Hey, I love cats and I can't deny the fact that I don't own one because my parents don't like them because of the following reasons; they are scary, sofa murderer, traits addict, yarn lover, hair ball vomiter, sharp claws and most of all the scariest part, they can tame ...more
Melki
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cats, comics
Though the last fifteen or so years have seen me morph into more of a dog person, I DO love cats. I used to live with dozens of felines while growing up with my animal-hoarder mother, and I once had three furry babies of my own - Paisley, Jinx and Hector. I love their purring and their warm weight on your lap on a cold winter's night.

That said . . .

this book was just spectacularly . . .

unfunny.

Stacy Fetters
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Cats are dicks. Are you reading that? Need to wake up early? Busy doing something other than paying attention to them?
Go to pet them and you get the lean back.
Kaylee
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Loved it!!! I most assuredly qualify as a crazy cat lady. I want all the kittens!
Sabrina Stelmaszek
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a cute collection of comics that accurately depict my cat lady life.
April
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cat-lady, loved
This book is freakin' adorable. And relevant. And me. Surovec is a delightfully colorful artist, and she captures the essence of being a cat owner on every page. Yes, you will neglect your other half to the point where compromise is inevitable lest it break up a relationship and yes, you will absolutely find cat hair everywhere from your clothes to the deepest recesses of your soul, and claim that those little nibbles and definitely-not-painful scratches are epistles of love from your sweet litt ...more
Danika
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Entertaining, but nothing that stands out. I would recommend this for cat lovers or anyone looking for a super quick and light graphic novel.

2/5 stars.
Bjork
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If the blog is any indication of how this book is, then it's definitely a buyer.
Syahira
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, funny
Cat vs Human is a comic skit about an owner with her cats and her obsession with everything with cats. Starting with Anatomy of a Cat Lady which is deathly funny and it goes on to the things that her cats do to her. Some can be totally relatable and some can be totally exaggerated.

It's fully illustrated in colour. The dialogues and fonts is by the artist's own hand. The characters and cats can look like it came from doing doodles on Paint Shop... which is probably correct. Plus, it's almost lik
Julia
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The only thing that is second-best to books about adorable kittens and their quirky behaviors shown in actual colored pictures is a comic book or any other written word that captures the spirit of Cat. In these easy-to-read comic strips the focus is all about Cat and what a relationship with the said looks like whether you are a human or dog.

Fortunately unlike some other internet-based books this one doesn't follow the famously bad grammar usage that many consider animals to use. That in and o
Anna Richey
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I've had this on my shelf for ages, and picked it up this morning to give myself a little break from my current heavy(er) read, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
Cat vs. Human is a VERY quick read - maybe 30 minutes max. I really enjoyed the author's drawing style (minimal details while still capturing the action of cats playing ... or murdering), and as a "cat lady" myself, I thought her insights were fairly accurate. I especially enjoyed the cute panels of kittens being sweet alternating between no
Brittany
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humorous, comic
Really this is just a fantastic book if you love cats. If you hate cats, it might still be a fun read, because you probably hate them for all the things they do. I really loved all these comics, and cannot believe I had never heard of the Cat Versus Human website. This book had me laughing and nodding the whole time. I will definitely have to grab a hard copy with color illustrations, that I can flip through again and again!

Read more: http://www.areadingnook.com/2011/10/r...
Istisiki
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-bookswap
I've made a habit of reading during the commute to and from the office. Yesterday, when I finished 1Q84 (Part 1) on the way to the office I knew I had to find something to fill the gap. I picked this up from our quarterly book swap stash.

It was mostly funny. It's funnier if you own a cat or several cats so the jokes are relate-able. I noticed some of the passengers sitting beside me were looking over my shoulder to read as well so it does have its appeal.

All in all, not a bad choice for a read
Megan (ReadingRover)
Pretty funny book about the habits and antics of cats and their humans. There were many relatable situations in this book between the cats and their human. It had me giggling but there was also quite a bit of the same things repeated over and over again. It was a little above middle of the road as far as funny cat books go.
Jess
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually have high expectations for small cartoon books like these. But this book blew away my expectations. It was funny, cute and at times a little dark. But I loved every second of it. It was also longer than I expected. Great book!
Deanna
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I literally laughed out loud during several parts of this book. Easy read cartoon. Relaxing and hilarious. If you love cats or hate cats you will still find it funny. Cats are crazy creatures and this book nailed it. Looking forward to reading the second one.
graveyardgremlin
Cute. Funny. A little too close to the truth than I'd like. ;P
☽ cyberpink ☾
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun little book with some really cute comics about the life of rabid cat lovers. Which I am proud to be a part of ;)
Teresa
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is so cute!! Almost as cute as a cat on the Internet!!
Jez
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic, fiction, 2017, humour, owned
I liked this book, but I think perhaps I liked these comics more when I added this book to my to read list - 4-5 years ago.
Chelsea
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Anna
My status of crazy cat lady is confirmed in every page of this cutesy hilarious comic. Thanks Anna Banana :)
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
Funny comic book about cat ladies....and quite true
Andrea
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I relate to these illustrations on an almost unprecedented level.
Laura (ローラ)
Awu. I only laughed once. I've read some of these comics online, and was really looking forward to this book. It just wasn't that funny.
Alex
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Any cat lover will adore this graphic novel filled with cat comics! As a cat lover myself, this was such a funny and relatable read!
Annie
Funny, feline-oriented collection of web strips. Silly & amusing!
Shannon Biersack
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable & Hilarious. Loved it.
Trin
Jan 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfunny. Obvious. A regurgitation--a giant hairball, if you will--of every comic about cats you have ever seen float past on Facebook or Tumblr or Twitter. You may have even seen some of these particular cartoons in isolation and thought, "Ha." Singly, they are cuteness and amusement-adjacent enough for a not unpleasant "indeed" reaction. But put them together, and it becomes painfully obvious that there's not a single original idea or anything resembling actual humor here.

I can see why this was
Samra
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Spoke to my inner cat lover. Very cute
S
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt like the premise of this book was better than the execution. There were some funny moments in this book, but nothing hilarious. It was amusing to read, but really not *that* funny. (And this is coming from a cat person.) Overall, I found it disappointing. Not necessarily bad, just not my thing. 3*
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me! (Simon's Cat, #3.5)
  • I Am Maru
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
  • How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 10
  • Lil BUB's Lil Book: The Extraordinary Life of the Most Amazing Cat on the Planet
  • A Cat's Life
  • Lola: A Ghost Story
  • You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack
  • The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on Lifetime Maintenance (Owner's and Instruction Manual)
  • How Loathsome
  • Cat Person
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)
  • The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons
  • Grandville Bête Noire (Grandville, #3)
Yasmine Surovec loves kitties. She is the artist behind the popular comic blog and book Cat vs. Human. Originally from Manila, Philippines, she now lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with her husband, son, and a menagerie of animals.
“Cats are better than drugs. Only you can't snort them if you have allergies.” 4 likes