Start by marking “Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons: A Treasury of Bountiful Low-Fat Soups & Stews Tag: Feat. More Than 125..” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A season-to-season cookbook that provides recipes for 100 low-fat, flavor-rich soups, plus broths and stews and 25 breads to go with them. Includes Orange-Butternut Squash soup, Zesty Green Gazpacho, and Vegetable Stew with Gnocchi. You'll find exotic international offerings, basic comfort soups, delicate broths, and plenty of hearty soups and stews that can serve as one-d ...more
Published October 1st 1996 by Little Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons

Lisa Vegan
Sep 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys soup, vegans & vegetarians
I have and love a very similar book to this by Barb Bloomfield called Soup’s On! Both books have wonderful soup and bread/muffin/etc. accompaniments recipes. Both are worth adding to your cookbook collection if you enjoy soup.

This book divides the soups by the four seasons. The recipes look easy to make. There are some useful general instructions and information provided.

My only complaint about these recipes is that many are heavy on oil and alcohol and sodium, none of which I usually enjoy, but
Liz
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
If I had to choose only one soup cookbook, this would likely be my pick. (And I love soup, so that's saying something!) Don't let its slim stature fool you; it's packed with delicious recipes for soup and a smaller number of recipes for yummy accompanying baked goods. I've yet to make anything from this cookbook that I didn't enjoy.

(As a side note, I've long wondered why some people [such as a reviewer below] review cookbooks before trying any recipes from them. It seems to me that that's kind
Jen Gott
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I found this cookbook to be very inspiring. The recipes were at a level of difficulty approximately one step more than I already do with my cooking so I found them approachable and achievable unlike some cookbooks where I read the 40 steps and say, "Well that sounds delicious and way too much work for me to ever make." This book by contrast was appealing and interesting. A very pleasant library-stumble-upon which I hope to own in the near future.
Amy
Jan 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: vegetarians, non-vegetarians, soup enthusiasts
Recommended to Amy by: Nan
I could never make a tasty vegetarian soup until I got this book (it was a gift from my pal Nan many years ago). I use it all the time, especially in winter. The recipes range from quick dinners to cook-all-day stews; my favorites are the tomato four-grain and the tomato-lentil-barley, both hearty cold-weather soups that freeze well for leftovers. There's also a handful of recipes at the back for breads, muffins, and crackers to accompany the soups and Atlas' amusing illustrations throughout.
Nancy
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars because it had no pictures, otherwise it would be 5. Almost everything in here sounds good, and there's every a baking section in the back for the go-withs. I'm thinking Soupy Sundays might start preceding Meatless Mondays. This is a library copy, so I'm going to have to track down my own.
Jodi
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I already own about five million cookbooks, which is why I check them out from the library. But the recipes in this cookbook look so fantastic, I might just have to buy myself a copy of this one.
Alyson
Jan 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good soup ideas. Kind of potato heavy was my only complaint. I did get a recipe for vegan sour cream. I'm going to test that out soon.
Sonal
Tamara
rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »

Nava Atlas is the author and illustrator of many well-known vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including Wild About Greens, Vegan Holiday Kitchen, and many others. Her first book was Vegetariana, now considered a classic in its field. In addition, she has published two books of humor,Expect the Unexpected When You’re Expecting! (A parody), and Secret Recipes for the Modern Wife. Her latest nonfiction

More about Nava Atlas...