Start by marking “Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity” as Want to Read:
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity

Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity

This book is written with a focus on broadening understanding of the range of cultural differences in sexual experiences-both around the world and within our own society. The authors integrate multicultural and multiethnic perspectives with high-interest features to engage all readers. For anyone wanting to learn more about human sexuality from a psychological, ...more
Paperback
Published 2010 by Pearson Canada (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity

Start your review of Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity
Wesley Robinson
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The best textbook I have ever read, very informative and detailed. I recommend both the book and the Human Sexuality course to anyone with the time to enjoy them properly.
Mark Syron
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Not the top human sexuality textbook I have read but I did learn about the subject at hand It was comprehensive and easy to read with jargon easily explained. Interesting but I have read a better human sexuality book by Hock.
Graham Holloway
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have ever read on the topic of Human Sexuality.
Heta Rae
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this almost 20 years ago in a college class, so my memory of it isn't clear enough for me to want to rate it or make a lot of strong comments. It is textbooky, but I do recall that lot of the personal accounts it goes into were interesting and enlightening. The section on what terminology to use when talking about sex in a therapeutic setting made me start viewing language very different though. It was a complete revelation to me at the time that some people would have a much more ...more
Nick
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first couple chapters are very interesting because it teaches me thing I am not aware of.. But the rest of the chapters convert itself into a high school textbook which is embarrassing considering the fact that I am a college student. The final chapters I skimmed while watching Mad Men while consuming Wheat Thins.
Carter
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This textbook is comprehensive, organized, and well-written. It guides students and professionals alike through the subject of human sexuality as presented by experts in the field. As a psychology major specifically interested in sexual psychology and sex therapy this book was a must-have for my bookshelf.
Scott Whitney
Not my favorite course for this degree, but it is the course which made me decide to change my degree to something which will help my current career. I did like some of the information in the book and my understanding of the subject matter did expand.
Kayla Lakings
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Human Sexuality Psychology textbook
Penny
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very thorough! Excellent Canadian research information.
Sarah Kierstead
HOW is this book in the 5th-grade reading list???
Dawn
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Text book for Human Sexuality class I took a few months back. I found the book to be informative, but biased on the authors opinions, rather then by facts.
Tess

• Salem Witch Trials
  • Child Psychology
  • Faust
  • Dr. Faustus
Spence Rathus is a veteran author who, in addition to his intro and development books with Thomson Learning, publishes texts in adjustment and abnormal psychology with other publishers. Spencer A. Rathus is known for his warm, encouraging writing style and applied approach to learning. As the first member of his family to attend college, he struggled through dry and technical books that didn’t ...more