Start by marking “Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ” as Want to Read:
Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ

Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ

(Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ #1)

Truyện Cho tôi xin một vé đi tuổi thơ là sáng tác mới nhất của nhà văn Nguyễn Nhật Ánh. Nhà văn mời người đọc lên chuyến tàu quay ngược trở lại thăm tuổi thơ và tình bạn dễ thương của 4 bạn nhỏ. Những trò chơi dễ thương thời bé, tính cách thật thà, thẳng thắn một cách thông minh và dại dột, những ước mơ tự do trong lòng… khiến cuốn sách có thể làm các bậc phụ huynh lo lắng ...more
Published 2008 by Nhà xuất bản Trẻ

To ask other readers questions about Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ, please sign up.
Ngân Kim buy the English version of it if you cannot read the original one, it's called "ticket to childhood" or something

Start your review of Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ
GlassyPizzaFingers
I read this book in Vietnamese about five or six years back, when I first came to the U.S. I remember bringing this book from Vietnam as a gift from my cousin, whom I refer to as sister. This is a very lovely book from Nguyễn Nhật Ánh; he captures the easy-going, and exciting life of many Vietnamese children very well, and of course, this book was not written for children, rather, it was for adults who want a ticket back to their childhoods, a trip down the memory lane. This book serves that pur ...more
Renae
Mar 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a good five minute long internal debate with myself before reviewing this book because I read the translated work (the book is originally in Vietnamese) and I have mixed feelings about the book.

I wonder if the reason I didn't enjoy the book is because of the content or because of how the original content was translated.

With The Man with Compound Eyes, translation seemed pretty on point, with of course, some liberty taken for the sake of cohesion...

Of course, I know Mandarin much better
Shannon Lee
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just the sweetest. This is a fast and enjoyable read and truly blurs the line between fiction and biography. This should be required reading for grown ups; it is impossible to read this without recollecting the forgotten magic of childhood and the anguish of having to grow up and away from innocence.
Regina / cà rốt và thỏ
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, vnese-lit
i'm out of words to describe
Thomas Andrikus
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The frequent contrasting between childhood and adulthood made by the author is reminiscent of the famous French work "The Little Prince" and the Japanese novel "Totto-chan".

The main differences is that these stories told by Mui take place in our actual world (instead of a fantasy world) and are based in Vietnam. I even suspect that the meta-story of how Mui recounts his own childhood from his 40-year-old self is merely a semi-autobiographical account by the actual author himself.

Anyway, this nov
Anh
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was a phenomenon when it was first published in Vietnam, partly because of the author's fame, partly because the book itself is truly wonderful: a queer sense of humor, extraordinary thoughts that suit all type of readers: kids, teenagers and adults. I never liked Nguyễn Nhật Ánh and actually distaste his previous books entirely, but to my surprise I found this book hard to put down once started!
Magdelanye

But you can, without a ticket, revisit your childhood any time. Just step out of the shallow man=made canal and into deep water. p155

TNA may be having us on here, as he considers possibilities for framing this story of innocence and inevitability. Is this memoir, documentary fiction, or fantasy? Can our memories redeem themselves? Can we ever redeem our memories?

I've discovered that one mans boring rut is another mans domestic harmony. p28

Whatever the case, TNA gives us the observations of a fat
Bagus
Nguyen Nhat Anh has said about this book that he did not write this book for children, but instead he wrote it to those who used to be children. And indeed as I flipped between the pages in this book, it was as though there is this voice who's speaking to the Inner Child inside my mind. Indeed, Inner Child has been one of the most interesting research topics in popular psychology. The term Inner Child corresponds to individual childlike's aspects that keep embodying our minds even as we grow old ...more
Brandy Navetta
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rich with one liners and moments where you'll laugh aloud. Just one to share here: "Adults like to keep the cobwebs out of their attics - to clean up the past. But when you brush those cobwebs away, you may be brushing off diamond dust." Translated into English from Vietnamese. You'll be a more informed and developed reader of literature by experiencing this short fiction piece.
Viktoria
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asian, fiction
Lovely little book. Makes you remember good things from your own childhood and lighten up.
Elise Le
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
hilarious, remind me of fun memories in my childhood, must read book for adults. how much the book valued?- well, the older you get, the more it makes you cry- it is that kind of books
heidi
Aug 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short and sweet trip down memory lane. I didn't enjoy it so much in the beginning despite the beautiful first paragraph, as I thought the stories were hit and miss alternatively, but it got better in the later chapters. Now I'm missing my childhood friends and wondering where they are today! I hope they're all safe and healthy and happy.

I love the subject matter, the innocence of childhood and growing up in Vietnam. It's a bit rare to find bestselling novels from Asia that aren't about povert
Stuart
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memoir
A very enjoyable slice of childhood. A short read, the author recounts various episodes of his time growing up in Vietnam. This is in the same style as another very good book called "Totto-chan: The girl in the Window" (life in Japan as a child). It is a pleasant recollection of a childhood adventures that reminded me of Mark Twain's writing.

The author breaks the barrier between himself as a character and himself as an author with an occasional wink to his reader. He also does a good job in poi
Lindsey Sparks
I almost returned this to the library unread since I'm trying to read my own books, but I'm glad I didn't. It's a short little book, only about 140 pages, but it did a great job at capturing childhood, or more clearly, an adult's memory of childhood. I liked seeing how someone growing up across the world from me could have similar childhood memories. It reads like a memoir and felt very real, even though it's a novel (or is it?). It made me think about all of my memories of playing with the kids ...more
Mitu Bút Chì
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: n-vietnam, novel
This book is somehow overrated.
Michael Haase
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's is eloquence in simplicity, it is sometimes said, and I found that to be the case with this novel. It is a short but impactful recall to the creativity and enthusiastic wonder that defines childhood and contrasts the abundant monotony of adulthood.

I finished this book in between 2-3 hours and loved any bit of it. How relieving it felt after the weeks I've spent reading huge, 500+ page volumes filled to the brim with blandness.

Moreover, I commend the author for being able to capture the
Nguyen Hoang
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read this 3 time:
1. When i was a kid and see it in my father book shelves : 3 Start for weird childhood of author.

2. When i prepaird to Unisversity Test : 2 start for any thing in this book and all memories that i
don't wana remember.

3. When i was strusgling find a well paying job, lost my dream and live in the past when i not have
to worries about bill. It just like a start of a converstations when people try to talk about what they
did when they was youth. Every memories about my
KinHo Chan
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Fun. Honest. Insightful.

"But when I grew up, I discovered that adults like this game, too... They call bribes gifts, for example, and speak of corruption as the cost of doing business. The purpose of renaming actions or concepts in this way is to muddy what is crystal clear..."

"Many adults pay more attention to the tidiness of their appearance than to the zippers of their character..."

"Marriage teaches you to love, but like anything worth learning, you have to work at it. And lazy students may
Michael
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is an author really really loved by the Vietnamese, and I guess, you have to have grown up in Vietnam to appreciate him because I find this book - and other media by this guy to be frankly terrrible and they all have this horrible misogynistic undertone and... yeah.

This book is not only dull, it constantly makes you question how real it is, but not in a good way.

ahhh it's not even worth writing more about.
Nyssnisacha
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On my trip to Ho Chi Minh last year, I wanted so badly to bring back Vietnamese authors’ translated works. I finally read it yesterday (thanks to COVID-19 lockdown) and take my sweet time reading it. It is a children’s book made for adults, hence the title. I smiled all the way through reading it and smiled upon finishing it. What a great book. A simple but thought provoking one. It will be a book I will reread again and again and again.
Martha
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Fantastic and simple story which has both laughter and sadness. The author wrote that he didn't write this book for children, but rather for people who used to be children. As someone in that category who teaches kids this book was something special.

As of writing this only three of his stories have been translated into English. I hope they begin to release more translations of his 100+ works in the future.
Daniel Kukwa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-lit
Is this really a novel, or a memoir masquerading as a novel? I'm not sure...but I did enjoy the experience. In its exploration of childhood, reflected in the eyes of adults, it's sweet, outrageous, funny, and poignant. It treats the fourth wall between writer and reader like a permeable membrane, and the end result is something slightly kooky and off-centre, but joyously entertaining.
Dung Đỗ
I read this when i was secondary school when i was not not old enough to feel related and grasp all those bittersweet moments NNA want readers to understand. However, I can somehow feel the bittersweet of the ending and some of the emotions from the writer throughout the novel. Maybe one day, when i get older, I'll read this book once again and be able to truly understand it.
Quỳnh Phạm
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is about some stories that everybody has experienced once in their lives when they were young. These stories are really close to each person's life. But I don't like it very much because it has some romantic details which I hate :"> ...more
Emma Fang
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
As its name, just give you a ticket to come back to childhood years. There were packs of candy given each other, afternoons run away from home to steal mangos, fly kites on rice paddies and catch field crabs ...
Trang Do
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am given this book during this time as a therapy for the soul.
I am not a fan of Nguyen Nhat Anh, simply not. But this book brings me pure joy and happy memories from the childhood, which probably a good treat of joyful moments I am in need right now.
It is a good-night book.
Tyler Jones
A pitch-perfect return to the mind of childhood.
Jamie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read for a family oriented person, big or small.
Justin Echols
"Many people are afraid of sadness, but I'm not one of them. I'm only afraid of boredom. Sadness, in that respect, is an excellent remedy, since it expands to fill almost any void."
Thao Duong
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not into his writing but the stories are lovely and relatable
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Trên Đường Băng
  • Cà Phê Cùng Tony
  • Dế Mèn Phiêu Lưu Ký (Diary of a Cricket)
  • Tuổi Trẻ Đáng Giá Bao Nhiêu
  • I Am Gifted, So Are You!
  • Tắt Đèn
  • Đắc Nhân Tâm
  • Cánh Đồng Bất Tận
  • Tuổi Thơ Dữ Dội
  • Chi Pheo, Paria Casse-Cou
  • Oxford Thương Yêu
  • Bạn đắt giá bao nhiêu?
  • Đất Rừng Phương Nam
  • The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly
  • Vừa Nhắm Mắt Vừa Mở Cửa Sổ
  • Nếu biết trăm năm là hữu hạn
  • Khéo Ăn Nói Sẽ Có Được Thiên Hạ
  • Nobody's Boy
Nguyễn Nhật Ánh là tên và cũng là bút danh của một nhà văn Việt Nam chuyên viết cho tuổi mới lớn. Ông sinh ngày 7 tháng 5 năm 1955 tại huyện Thăng Bình, Quảng Nam.

Cuộc đời và sự nghiệp

Thuở nhỏ ông theo học tại các trường Tiểu La, Trần Cao Vân và Phan Chu Trinh. Từ 1973 Nguyễn Nhật Ánh chuyển vào sống tại Sài Gòn, theo học ngành sư phạm. Ông đã từng đi Thanh niên xung phong, dạy học, làm công tác Đ

Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ (2 books)
  • Cảm Ơn Người Lớn

News & Interviews

“Nhiều người sợ nỗi buồn. Nhưng tôi không sợ. Tôi chỉ sợ một cuộc sống không buồn không vui, nói chung là nhạt nhẽo. Đôi khi chúng ta cũng cần có nỗi buồn làm bạn, nhất là lúc cuộc sống bỗng dưng trống trải và cảm giác cô độc xâm chiếm ta từng phút.” 6 likes
“Đêm nay tôi bước vội khỏi nhà.
Đến ga, xếp hàng mua vé:
Lần đầu tiên trong nghìn năm.
Có lẽ.
Cho tôi xin một vé đi Tuổi thơ.
Vé hạng trung
– Người bán vé hững hờ
Khe khẽ đáp:
Hôm nay vé hết!
– Biết làm sao!
Vé hết, biết làm sao!
Đường tới Tuổi Thơ còn biết hỏi nơi nào?”
5 likes