Start by marking “Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ” as Want to Read:
Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ

Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ

(Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ #1)

Truyện Cho tôi xin một vé đi tuổi thơ là sáng tác mới nhất của nhà văn Nguyễn Nhật Ánh. Nhà văn mời người đọc lên chuyến tàu quay ngược trở lại thăm tuổi thơ và tình bạn dễ thương của 4 bạn nhỏ. Những trò chơi dễ thương thời bé, tính cách thật thà, thẳng thắn một cách thông minh và dại dột, những ước mơ tự do trong lòng… khiến cuốn sách có thể làm các bậc phụ huynh lo lắng ...more
Published 2008 by Nhà xuất bản Trẻ

To ask other readers questions about Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ, please sign up.
Ngân Kim buy the English version of it if you cannot read the original one, it's called "ticket to childhood" or something…morebuy the English version of it if you cannot read the original one, it's called "ticket to childhood" or something (less)

Start your review of Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ
GlassyPizzaFingers
I read this book in Vietnamese about five or six years back, when I first came to the U.S. I remember bringing this book from Vietnam as a gift from my cousin, whom I refer to as sister. This is a very lovely book from Nguyễn Nhật Ánh; he captures the easy-going, and exciting life of many Vietnamese children very well, and of course, this book was not written for children, rather, it was for adults who want a ticket back to their childhoods, a trip down the memory lane. This book serves that ...more
Renae
Mar 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a good five minute long internal debate with myself before reviewing this book because I read the translated work (the book is originally in Vietnamese) and I have mixed feelings about the book.

I wonder if the reason I didn't enjoy the book is because of the content or because of how the original content was translated.

With The Man with Compound Eyes, translation seemed pretty on point, with of course, some liberty taken for the sake of cohesion...

Of course, I know Mandarin much better
Shannon Lee
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just the sweetest. This is a fast and enjoyable read and truly blurs the line between fiction and biography. This should be required reading for grown ups; it is impossible to read this without recollecting the forgotten magic of childhood and the anguish of having to grow up and away from innocence.
Thomas Andrikus
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The frequent contrasting between childhood and adulthood made by the author is reminiscent of the famous French work "The Little Prince" and the Japanese novel "Totto-chan".

The main differences is that these stories told by Mui take place in our actual world (instead of a fantasy world) and are based in Vietnam. I even suspect that the meta-story of how Mui recounts his own childhood from his 40-year-old self is merely a semi-autobiographical account by the actual author himself.

Anyway, this
Regina / cà rốt và thỏ
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, vnese-lit
i'm out of words to describe
Lindsey Sparks
I almost returned this to the library unread since I'm trying to read my own books, but I'm glad I didn't. It's a short little book, only about 140 pages, but it did a great job at capturing childhood, or more clearly, an adult's memory of childhood. I liked seeing how someone growing up across the world from me could have similar childhood memories. It reads like a memoir and felt very real, even though it's a novel (or is it?). It made me think about all of my memories of playing with the kids ...more
Anh
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was a phenomenon when it was first published in Vietnam, partly because of the author's fame, partly because the book itself is truly wonderful: a queer sense of humor, extraordinary thoughts that suit all type of readers: kids, teenagers and adults. I never liked Nguyễn Nhật Ánh and actually distaste his previous books entirely, but to my surprise I found this book hard to put down once started!
Brandy Navetta
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rich with one liners and moments where you'll laugh aloud. Just one to share here: "Adults like to keep the cobwebs out of their attics - to clean up the past. But when you brush those cobwebs away, you may be brushing off diamond dust." Translated into English from Vietnamese. You'll be a more informed and developed reader of literature by experiencing this short fiction piece.
Viktoria
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, asian
Lovely little book. Makes you remember good things from your own childhood and lighten up.
Stuart
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memoir
A very enjoyable slice of childhood. A short read, the author recounts various episodes of his time growing up in Vietnam. This is in the same style as another very good book called "Totto-chan: The girl in the Window" (life in Japan as a child). It is a pleasant recollection of a childhood adventures that reminded me of Mark Twain's writing.

The author breaks the barrier between himself as a character and himself as an author with an occasional wink to his reader. He also does a good job in
Lisa
Jan 14, 2016 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nf
The translation is not ideal, but I appreciate the work. He had some very good points and some truly charming moments.
Mitu Bút Chì
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novels, n-vietnam, n-soft
This book is somehow overrated.
Michael Haase
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's is eloquence in simplicity, it is sometimes said, and I found that to be the case with this novel. It is a short but impactful recall to the creativity and enthusiastic wonder that defines childhood and contrasts the abundant monotony of adulthood.

I finished this book in between 2-3 hours and loved any bit of it. How relieving it felt after the weeks I've spent reading huge, 500+ page volumes filled to the brim with blandness.

Moreover, I commend the author for being able to capture the
Daniel Kukwa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-lit
Is this really a novel, or a memoir masquerading as a novel? I'm not sure...but I did enjoy the experience. In its exploration of childhood, reflected in the eyes of adults, it's sweet, outrageous, funny, and poignant. It treats the fourth wall between writer and reader like a permeable membrane, and the end result is something slightly kooky and off-centre, but joyously entertaining.
Quỳnh Phạm
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is about some stories that everybody has experienced once in their lives when they were young. These stories are really close to each person's life. But I don't like it very much because it has some romantic details which I hate :">
Emma Fang
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
As its name, just give you a ticket to come back to childhood years. There were packs of candy given each other, afternoons run away from home to steal mangos, fly kites on rice paddies and catch field crabs ...
Quân Nguyễn
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
This book is very good. You should try it when you be a adult.
Hoàng Huyền
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the book is bold, pure, easy-understanding and nostalgic which reminded me of all the good old days, of my childhood.
Justin Echols
"Many people are afraid of sadness, but I'm not one of them. I'm only afraid of boredom. Sadness, in that respect, is an excellent remedy, since it expands to fill almost any void."
Quynh Luu
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i love it just because it's so REAL and SIMPLE
Jamie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read for a family oriented person, big or small.
Duy Nguyen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Underneath the collection of his silly childhood memories is the call that sometimes, behaving like a child is not a bad idea for many adults
Lê Tùng
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of childhood makes me feel like I grew up
Thao Duong
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not into his writing but the stories are lovely and relatable
Tyler Jones
A pitch-perfect return to the mind of childhood.
Martha Samsell
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy read. Only 86 pages. About a man's life and plans he made.
Lâm Quyền
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow amazing
Kirk Johnson
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
spoiled in places by too much preciousness and explication, i still love this book for what it accomplishes in its unique examination of the childhood brain. i also found myself mesmerized by some of the phrasing, much of it wrought through a simple but skilled wielding of the colon and semicolon. the book walks the tightrope with its metafictional qualities: sometimes an apparent fall turns into a brilliant and moving trick, but other times it fails to rescue itself.

i am fond of the hardback
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dế Mèn Phiêu Lưu Ký (Diary of a Cricket)
  • Trên Đường Băng
  • Tuổi Trẻ Đáng Giá Bao Nhiêu
  • Cà Phê Cùng Tony
  • Cánh Đồng Bất Tận
  • Tuổi Thơ Dữ Dội
  • Tắt Đèn
  • Chi Pheo, Paria Casse-Cou
  • The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly
  • I Am Gifted, So Are You!
  • Vừa Nhắm Mắt Vừa Mở Cửa Sổ
  • Đất Rừng Phương Nam
  • Nobody's Boy
  • Để Yên Cho Bác Sĩ "Hiền"
  • Oxford Thương Yêu
  • Mình Nói Gì Khi Nói Về Hạnh Phúc
  • Dumb Luck
  • Nếu biết trăm năm là hữu hạn
Nguyễn Nhật Ánh là tên và cũng là bút danh của một nhà văn Việt Nam chuyên viết cho tuổi mới lớn. Ông sinh ngày 7 tháng 5 năm 1955 tại huyện Thăng Bình, Quảng Nam.

Cuộc đời và sự nghiệp

Thuở nhỏ ông theo học tại các trường Tiểu La, Trần Cao Vân và Phan Chu Trinh. Từ 1973 Nguyễn Nhật Ánh chuyển vào sống tại Sài Gòn, theo học ngành sư phạm. Ông đã từng đi Thanh niên xung phong, dạy học, làm công tác

Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ (2 books)
  • Cảm Ơn Người Lớn
“Nhiều người sợ nỗi buồn. Nhưng tôi không sợ. Tôi chỉ sợ một cuộc sống không buồn không vui, nói chung là nhạt nhẽo. Đôi khi chúng ta cũng cần có nỗi buồn làm bạn, nhất là lúc cuộc sống bỗng dưng trống trải và cảm giác cô độc xâm chiếm ta từng phút.” 6 likes
“Đêm nay tôi bước vội khỏi nhà.
Đến ga, xếp hàng mua vé:
Lần đầu tiên trong nghìn năm.
Có lẽ.
Cho tôi xin một vé đi Tuổi thơ.
Vé hạng trung
– Người bán vé hững hờ
Khe khẽ đáp:
Hôm nay vé hết!
– Biết làm sao!
Vé hết, biết làm sao!
Đường tới Tuổi Thơ còn biết hỏi nơi nào?”
4 likes