Start by marking “An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)” as Want to Read:
An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)

An Evening for Vayl and Jaz

(Jaz Parks #4.5)

In this short story, told from each character's perspective, Vayl and Jaz spend a romantic evening together. This story takes place after the events of Bitten to Death.

Word count: ~5,500
Published (first published June 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Evening for Vayl and Jaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Evening for Vayl and Jaz

Amy A
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaz-parks-series
A great little in-between short story with just Jaz and Vayl. Told in alternating narratives it's nice to get Vayl's perspective and feelings on Jaz since the main story series is told from her point of view. Released posthumously, this novella along with Scouting Jasmine and The Golem Hunt fit nicely into the overall storyline.
Robin
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kinda short. About the length of one chapter.
Sandy
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was a huge fan of this series, grabbing them as soon as they hit the shelves & was saddened when I heard the author had passed away. Her books provided me with many hours of laughter & sighs.
So when I came across this novella, I picked it up for one more visit with Vayl (a hunk among vampires) & his human colleague, Jaz. In the overall arc of the story, at this point they are enjoying a successful professional partnership. Both feel the mutual attraction but Jaz is fighting it for
chucklesthescot
To be honest with you, I didn't really see the point to this story. Jaz freaks out about what dress to wear for dinner with Vayl before he goes off to Romania to take care of his issues over the death of his sons. Vayl wonders what Jaz is wearing. Jaz gets pissed to see two sinks in the bathroom at Vayl's home in case that means other women have been there, which is such a stupid thing to have a tantrum over. You know he has had countless women before you yet you have a hissy fit over two sinks ...more
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Colliding Worlds
3,5 Sterne. Sehr niedliche Geschichte, die ein bisschen privater und ohne Hektik aus Vayls und Jaz' (Liebes-)Leben erzählt. Allerdings für meinen Geschmack zu kurz, sodass der Abend eigentlich nur episodenhaft erzählt wird und man wenig Neues von den beiden erfährt. Generell finde ich 1,99 € für ca. 30 Seiten vom Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis her nicht so optimal. Für Fans der Reihe trotzdem ein kleiner zusätzlicher Leckerbissen, den man sich gönnen kann.
D.R.Slater
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Lame novella or short story

Disappointed in the novella. No meat in the story, you would think their would be more to the date than showing off Vayl house. Maybe a little romance other than a goodbye kiss. Lame attempted to sell a short story could of made a chapter in one of the novels. It would of been a lot more worthy. Sorry still a fan.
Meredith
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a cute short story that gives a glimpse into a bit of Vayl and Jazz's relationship that we don't see in the novels. It is a little sad that there won't be any additional writings done by this amazingly funny author. Holy lima beans, need I say more.
Sammi
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again we are given insight into Vayl's head, though this time the story is split between the two. This story is short and has absolutely no threat in it, as it focuses on the budding romance between our favorite CIA assassins.
Clarke

Short but good. I like it when we get to see things from Vayl's POV.
keikii Eats Books
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
94 points/100 (4 stars). ...more
Claudia
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars ... Not because it was Not nice but definitely to short
Sandra
I liked the back and forth between Jaz's and Vayl's POV. Really sweet.
Susan Waldron
Christia Hadderton
Sep 24, 2016
Lace Speiser
May 05, 2014
  • Violet Tendencies (Sabina Kane, #2.5)
  • The House at Cobb End (Cassandra Palmer, #5.1)
  • Let It Bleed (WVMP Radio, #3.5)
  • Shifting Plains (Shifting Plains #1)
  • Wasted (Elemental Assassin, #2.7)
  • Etiquette & Espionage - FREE PREVIEW (The First 3 Chapters)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Love Is The Beginning (Valerie Dearborn, #0.5)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Midnight Hunt (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #3)
I’ve spent all my life in the Midwest, which has certainly shaped my perspective on all kinds of issues, from the question of whether or not we really have an accent, to the many and varied uses of corn.

I was born in Evansville, Indiana on April 28, 1965. Mom tells me almost every year what crappy weather it was that day. However I like to think of my birthday as the first frost-free date for my p

Jaz Parks (8 books)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)