Start by marking “The Official Sidekick Handbook: How to Let Someone Else Hog the Spotlight While You Loosen Your Belt and Take a Nap” as Want to Read:

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A hilarious mock self-help book, The Sidekick Solution shows readers the benefits of being second best: eating what you want, letting the ax fall on someone else, and avoiding the heavy lifting while getting co-billing. Chapters with comic book-style illustrations cover such topics as the art of the supportive guffaw; famous sidekicks, from the fairly obscure Jimmy the Hun ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about The Official Sidekick Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Official Sidekick Handbook

Irina Paley
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
This is a cute joke book. An adequate choice if you are looking to buy a graduation present for your husband's old college flat-mate, or your 25-yo slacker nephew, or anyone that you don't know too much about. It's a generic gag-book with some cute illustrations and a fairly clever concept, which is, unfortunately, not deep or sophisticated enough to get more than two stars. It took me about half an hour to read it cover-to-cover, and I can't imagine that it took Mr. Bender much more than that t ...more
Lyndsey
Apr 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
Well, I was strangely excited to read this book. It didn't entirely disappoint but wasn't quite up to the level I expected. I have always loved those worst case scenario type books and this seems similar. They always make me laugh and this one was no exception.

Some very funny parts and overall, I liked it! Just didn't love it unfortunately.

Oh and I won this from Firstreads, so Thanks Goodreads!!
Kristal
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Won as a First Reads.

Humorous and Amazing. It definitely lightened the mood of the day with it's funny images and stories. The activities were active as well. Definitely the best self-help gag book I've ever gotten the chance to read.
Shannon Baas
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about the sidekicks in history and how to be a good one. It is definitely a fun read.
Salimah
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Hilarious and witty with clever underlying meaning. Truly enjoyable and inspirational.
(I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.)
Angie
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a funny book about how we don't have to be number one, it is fine to be second banana and let someone else do all the work. It felt a little long though and for the silliness it is.
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Just plain funny. Being a hero is SO overrated...
Tonica