Start by marking “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #2)” as Want to Read:

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2

(美少女戦士セーラームーン 新装版 / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban #2)

The mysterious Tuxedo Mask has revealed his identity, forcing Usagi to come to terms with her growing affections for the masked vigilante, all the while defending the people of Earth from renewed attacks by the sinister “enemy”. Everything threatens to overwhelm even Sailor Moon when suddenly a new Sailor Guardian appears. Could this new Guardian be the Moon Princess the ...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published September 22nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kaleb Hope I'm not too late. There is another Sailor Guardian added to them team, which finishes off the Inner Senshi.

Start your review of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #2)
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2019, graphicomanga
Questionable space travel but super great! It’s fun to see how different the manga is from the anime
Mel
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, 3-stars
3.5 stars.

As the story gets more detailed and we finally get into a sort of plot I am really enjoying it a lot more! I still have major issues with Usagi and the art style but the story is really intriguing me now.
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg, the nostalgic feelings this brings me are to die for. I need to purchase the next ones and binge reread the rest
Steph Sinclair
Another favorite shoujo and anime series is Sailor Moon. If you haven’t read this yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR IT’S LIKE THE BEST THING EVER. I’m slowly making my way through the new manga as they release them and let me just say that the colored pages are AMAZEBALLS. Also, SWEET NOSTALGIA. This was my face after I found out they were re-releasing the manga and rebooting the anime series:

description
Artemy
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A lot of what I said in my review of volume 1 still applies here, but I did feel like the second book was a tad more focused. It's still all very silly and campy, and the mythology that gets introduced here is verging on the ridiculous, but it all somehow works. The art in the second volume got a bit tighter without losing its dreamy, airy quality, and I really like it. Oh, and I gobbled the entire volume up in about half an hour without putting it down, so that also says something. I still ...more
Lauren
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Man, I love reading through these so much. I missed these characters more than I remembered!! I want to just keep reading these, I’m loving this.
Lauren
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a very strong sequel where lots of things started to happen. I was delighted by the reveals too and can’t wait to continue with the series.

Once again the artwork and attention to detail was wonderful, although at times, I did get confused between Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus because they look incredibly similar!

RTC
Jesse Nicholas
Sailor Moon Vol. 2 continues right from the ending of volume 1. The dark kingdom is relentless in their search for the silver crystal and energy to resurrect the dark queen. Not only that, but they’ve taken a hold of Tuxedo Mask’s mind and are using him against Sailor Moon!

How rude.

sailor moon GIF

The love Usagi has for Chiba is so swoon worthy. Even as a kid I knew I wanted a love like theirs. It brings me to tears just thinking they might not be together (even though I know how it ends HA).

I know the third
Emma (Miss Print)
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can it end there?! I need to know what happens next. It's interesting because some of this I watched in the dubbed anime but some is completely new (like most of this volume).
Beth
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
One of the cool things about the manga and anime boom twenty years ago is that publishers are putting out nicer editions of the most popular material today to feed '90s kids' nostalgia.

The Sailor Moon manga doesn't stand 100% on its own, in my opinion. From the beginning the manga story, serialized monthly in Nakayoshi, was set up as a companion piece for the anime which was aired in Japan at the same time, and much of the story here feels rushed. In these first couple volumes, we're introduced
Nikki
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is so good!! I need to start the next one ASAP!!
Artemis
I'm finally doing it. I'm reviewing each of the 'Sailor Moon' manga volumes. Bit by bit I'll talk about a Magical Girl series so dear to my heart. A girl power series I love so much - out of nostalgia and current analysis, because despite what's on the surface, Naoko Takeuchi's popular manga is deeper and more meaningful, touching, complex and dramatic than one might expect.

And the second volume is where things really get good.

Gone are a lot of the silly quirks (though there are still a few
Jenna
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one so much better than the first one. It had a lot more action and it didn't seem as confusing. Definitely interested in continuing on and have requested 3,4, and 5 from library.
Jazzy Lemon
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japanese-authors
I read the German edition of this book. All the artwork and the story, simply spot on - as good as the first book decades ago! I love Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon!
Marianne - November Words
A bit less entertaining than the first one, but good enough!
*Layali*
I’m officially invested and need the rest of the series. All I have to say is that I love Tuxedo Mask. ...more
Stephanie Roxane
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than Volume 1! I loved the anime growing up, and this story is both familiar and also new. The plot is interesting and the stakes keep getting higher. I can’t wait to read volume 3.
Maxine (novelteafox)
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-read
I still love Sailor Moon. The Scene where Princess Serenity awakens is my favourite ...more
Indya
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017, manga
Very emotional. The story also progressed far quicker than in the anime, I find - perhaps because I can read faster than the show progresses.
Volume 2 picks up right after Mamoru Chiba has taken Usagi to his apartment after she's used all her energy to revive the people of Tokyo. Sounds kina creepy, I know, but it's somehow endearing in this situation. Now Mamo-chan and Usako know each other's "secret" identities, and are becoming closer than ever. At the same time, Sailor V Makes The Scene (sorry, couldn't resist!) and announces that she is the long-sought Princess. However, once Tuxedo Mask is injured during his attempt to shield ...more
Shera (Book Whispers)
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2011
Kukuku! This volume really surprised me! Especially the relationships between Usagi and Mamoru (Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask). Takeuchi did a wonderful job of making me feel for these two in such a short amount of time. Especially, once the all the scouts finally meet up—SailorV finally comes in. The whole Princess of the Moon was handled very well, and if the art for the missing princess had been a bit more vague I think it could have almost fooled readers. Make that a really big almost. Ok. No ...more
Jen
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japanese, tokyo
Yes, I had to buy this book. Yes, I had to read it although I already knew the story by heart. Yes, I had to write a review on it.

Why I just had to do those things?

Well.

Because it's Sailor Moon. I couldn't just not buy, read and review it.

Okay, let's get real.
You either like mangas or you don't. Basically, it's the same with this story. It's more detailed than the first book, which is good but also requires you to dive deeper into this world. I loved it as much as I used to love the show.
Maddie
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
How many times could the words "The legendary silver crystal" be mentioned? Like a 1000? Felt like it. I did like this book better than the first though!
Guille Osorio
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A funny, lovely and touching story. Yes, it's corny, but we all are a little bit. Sometimes haahahaha

I could read this manga forever. The artwork is SO beautiful <3
Ashley
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Continuing on my Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary manga read, this volume finds the Sailor Scouts completely united. Sailor Venus joins the party, and the other scouts mistakenly believe her to be the Princess that they are trying to protect. But *GASP* the princess is actually Sailor Moon! I know this story is 25 years old and created many tropes found in magical girl based media (and shojo manga in general) but some of the plot twists are pretty weak. The insta-love between Usagi and Mamoru is ...more
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked Usagi much more in this volume, because she doesn't whine and cry about everything.
(Well, I mean, she is crying sometimes, but at least she has a good reason to cry, and isn't just being a baby about every little thing!) She has some good character development, as she learns to step up and become a true Guardian and a leader.

I loved seeing Tuxedo Masks's storyline taking center stage, and all those mysteries revealed!

I especially like this volume because my favorite character is on the
Bradley
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
And here ends the nostalgia trip. This manga feels like it’s all over the place. I wonder how the original holds up since this is an updated version or some such thingy. The art style carries on with a distinct style and flavor. It’s not enough. I think my nostalgia high burnt out and I’m left hanging dry. Might try out volume 3.

I’m aware I five starred volume one and 2 starred this one. Perhaps I was riding a big wave when I read volume one, haha.
Damarcia ♡
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: irl-book-shelf, manga
The plot towards the end of this volume is a bit all over the place and at times hard to keep up with. Conveniently at the end it all kind of comes together and you realize what exactly is happening. However, I will say because it waits til the end to tie the story up, it really makes you want to binge read the entire series so you can fully understand what’s going on. Seemed very filler me but the action just started so can’t wait to start volume 3!
Caryn {iam.caryn}
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, read-manga
Exceptional.

So much action that my heart was pounding. I shed a few tears.

The cliffhangers for each Act are insane and I’m so glad that I have this collection. Waiting for each new edition would have been horrid.
louise elena
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, manga
i love sailor moon !!!! i wish i could be her :’(
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2
  • Black Butler, Vol. 12 (Black Butler, #12)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 20
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 03 (Soul Eater, #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 3
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 1
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 1 [Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card hen 1]
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 3 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #3)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
Naoko Takeuchi (武内 直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of the YuYu Hakusho

美少女戦士セーラームーン 新装版 / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 1 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 1]
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #3)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #4)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 5 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #5)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 6 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #6)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 7 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #7)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 8 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #8)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 9 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #9)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 10 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #10)
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 11 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 11]
“I feel, right now, that if time stopped at this moment, it would be just fine by me.” 10 likes
“Whenever I think of him... I don't know why, but my chest feels so tight, it's hard to breathe. I need to keep it secret just a little bit longer.” 3 likes