Start by marking “Na Sombra do Desejo (Irmandade da Adaga Negra, #4)” as Want to Read:
Na Sombra do Desejo (Irmandade da Adaga Negra, #4)

Na Sombra do Desejo (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  109,642 Ratings  ·  4,067 Reviews
Nas sombras da noite da cidade de Caldwell, em Nova Iorque, trava-se uma guerra territorial entre os vampiros e seus caçadores. Ali, existe um bando secreto de irmãos sem igual — seis guerreiros vampiros, defensores da sua raça. Mas agora um aliado da Irmandade está prestes a enfrentar os seus próprios desejos obscuros…
Butch O’Neal é um guerreiro por natureza. Um ex-políci
602 pages
Published March 28th 2011 by Casa das Letras (first published March 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Na Sombra do Desejo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Na Sombra do Desejo

Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Butch The Dhestroyer Stars

photo -Bam-GIF_zps8nzh38qq.gif

First read 2014
Reread 3/28/2017

When I lie this close to you, when I smell your scent, when I hear your voice, I know everything that matters." She looked down the length of him. "You are the male I want to mate with. That's who you are."-Marissa

J.R. Ward did it again. Lover Revealed is another riveting book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. It has it all, a bumpy but beautiful love story, a damaged hero finding his way, a naive sheltered heroine fin
Alex is The Romance Fox
It's crazy, I know that...but I can't help myself!!! I keep rereading this series over and over again and never get tired or bored with the books. It's become my book addiction...truly!!
Just as before...I love this couple. Butch & Marisa are just so well-suited (right,...what an old-fashioned word that is..but just so true!!)
 photo a5239362369b1248d8e752c08313b169_zps23ff633d.jpg

I love this photo tumblr_les8vpg9VF1qe0p55o1_400_zps66718eaf.jpg
One of my fav couples in this series.
And yes...I will read this book again...and again!!!!

2nd Review
Rereading due to my BDB SERIES CRAZE.....each waking hou
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by

"United by their clasped hands, they became again the two halves, the light and the dark. The Destroyer and the Savior. A whole."

I admit, the first time I read this book I gave it 4 stars. But after my re-read, I loved it so much that I had to change my rating to 5. Just an awesome book :)

The story

Butch is getting sick and tired of being on the outside when it came to the Brotherhood, and he jumps in the opportunity to save a civilian from the lessers.
That only gets him taken by the bad guys
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Considering how late to the BDB party I am, I'm not going to write a review on this book. This is just a "collection of my random thoughts" so I can keep the story straight in my mind, and therefore it's bound to be full of spoilers. If you haven't read this book yet and don't like being spoiled, stop reading this "review" now. I'm not kidding!

Okay, here I go...

When I finished Lover Awakened, the previous book in the series, I didn't feel much compelled to keep going with the BDB books. I mean,
Emily May
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDB fans
Shelves: pnr, paranormal-uf
I'm more than a little embarassed to say that it took four whole 500+ page books of this series to get me to see them for what they really are. It was mr sweet, troubled loner (Zsadist) that screwed with my head and had me hoping this series would blow my mind in a similar way to the Fever series (I know how surprised you must be seeing as I rarely mention Mac Lane, Barrons or Karen Marie Moning ¬_¬ ).

I'll just explain what I mean by the Zsadist thingy. So I read Dark Lover and really liked it,
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There are so many images of Butch that I want to put in but I will stick with this sexy guy

Sometimes fate takes you in fucked-up directions

I didn’t like when Butch turned all GQ on me. Is that even an expression, “GQ” - you know what I mean, designer suits, cufflinks (although maybe the cufflinks would work). I wanted him in faded, jeans, tight t-shirts and scruffy boots. Naked would be good too!

"Why are you doing this? You're just human-"
"I am so sick of hearing that. Leave!"

Butch, an ex-co
Lisa Jayne
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE

"What if I told you I had a fantasy" ...

Opening line of this book, and opening line of my review. Yes you guessed it, my book fantasy stopped right here with the black dagger boys, and I am still on the biggest book roll ever with this series. The five star fun run hasn't stopped yet, and my prediction is that it may not ever.

So now that I'm an established BDB fan, what did this book have to offer you may well ask ... Well it certainly pushed my 5 star rating buttons and I have o
Sophia Triad
Butch and Marissa

"Marissa. I am called Marissa."
"Butch." He touched his broad chest. "Er... Brian. O'Neal. People call me Butch, though."
He stuck his hand out. Then retracted it, rubbed it vigorously on his pant leg, and offered it again.
She lost her nerve. Touching him was too much, and she took a step back.
He dropped his hand slowly, not looking at all surprised that she'd rejected him.
And still, he stared.
(From Dark Lover)

Butch and Marissa met in the first book of the series.
Butch fell i
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Don't think I was the only reason he healed. You're his light, Marissa. Don't ever forget that.”

Honestly, I hadn't set my hope that high before I read like the first two books. But Lover Revealed had proved me wrong. Marissa isn't a character I am very fond of; she's quite annoying, weak and not important to be the MC of this book. But J.R. Ward proved herself again that her works always have development. She molded her characters in each book thoroughly until they're ready to get their own
alyssa ♛
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ and a half/ 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Vampire, thriller, adventure, action, romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: YES
Will I reread this book?: Maybe
Overall story summed up in one word: Butch-tastic!

Unmarked spoilers!

Ok, so I'm gunna talk about the ending of the book first, since I literally just read that part. So, Butch's dad is a vampire. Um, I totally wasn't expecting t
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I LOVE Butch! He's one of my favourite Brothers, along with Rhage and V. Especially, when they are all together and joking around. Even as a human, this dude can kick some serious ass. He's such a tough guy, known as the hard-ass for a reason. But there is also this charming, sweet side to him as well. Butch definitely has what it takes to run with the vampires!

I loved Marissa as well. I felt so bad for her in Dark Lover. She is so innocent and pure, yet all these terrible things happen to her.
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, re-read
Excellent re-read! Full review to come... Never did a casting or review the first time around.

My Butch: (Yep, I couldn't choose just one!)

david-boreanaz.jpg (300×400)

David Boreanaz

David Boreanaz

David Boreanaz - the only 'vampire' I would ever let Bite Me.

My Marissa:

elisabeth harnois - Buscar con Google

photo cbf976bf-affd-450c-b08e-e66e50c6691e_zpsce6f8848.jpg

Book 4 of the BDB primarily features Butch ‘the cop’ and Marissa. We also get a good bit of Vishous and John Matthew. I liked Butch the first 3 books, but I was nervous I wouldn’t ‘love’ this book. I just didn’t feel that Butch/Marissa connection in the first few... Once again, I was wrong. I loved this one!

photo 78d24470-6567-4735-90b3-66ae70ff0e4a_zps9eb97ac7.jpg
Butch didn't live in his own place. He didn't spend his own money. He had no job, no future. He was a well-kept pet, not a man.

Butch has never really felt like he belonged. Not with his f
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I loved this book from page one. Butch resonated with me because he was so tortured. He was just as tortured as Zsadist but in different way. He got abused by his father and his mother ignored him. And his siblings pretty much followed their example and disowned Butch when his sister died. He felt like he was worth nothing and had nothing to live for. He was abusing himself and slowly killing himself day by day because his family had basically rejected him. That's why I love that he found The Br ...more

I must admit, at the thought of reading Butch's and Marissa's story i was all like...

For those who don't know i was NOT a big fan of them both in the previous books. Butch i kinda hated, and Marissa seemed really pathetic to me. Not a great mix of emotions, true?

Especially if you are the kind of reader (which i think the majority of us are) that if you do not care for the characters you do not care for the book. I am that type of reader, and that statement is accurate as that was exactly what h
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
5 Belonging Stars.... You feel me?

‘Sometimes fate takes you in fcuked up directions’ ~ Butch

Butch.....sigh.....the cop....the man....

I absolutely fell in love with Butch in this story, what a fierce loving sweetheart he is!!!

I have to be honest, I didn't care too much for Butch at the start of this series, he was just an 'extra' character, a filler, but he has grown on me in a lovely way.

He is a man of honour, a lost man.....
Where does he belong?
Who does he belong with?

‘…he was right
Sep 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Lover Revealed was a decent book. It doesn't have the intensity Lover Awakened had, but afterall: Butch isn't Zsadist.
Don't get me wrong: I love Butch. And I liked Marissa. And I luuuved Butch and V. Actually I was wishing for a Marissa/Butch/Vishous menage but alas :(
Still: enjoyed it. A lot. 4 stars.
Feb 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance
Reviewed for

After meeting Butch and Marissa in Dark Lover, the first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, I was intrigued by the characters and looking forward to reading their story. Unfortunately, I found it a bit difficult to become emotionally invested in the ups and downs of their relationship as presented in Lover Revealed. I think this may have been the result of a few different things. First, Butch and Marissa spent very little time together during those initia
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must have enjoyed Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4) because I read all of its 455 pages in less than two days! Once you start one of these books you just have to keep going straight through to the end!
This one tells the story of Butch and Marissa and it held quite a few surprises. I enjoyed the way the author dealt with the problem that Butch was a human living in the vampire world, and she even managed to make unlikeable Marissa tolerable by the end. There were also several lesser
The Black Dagger Brotherhood continues to deliver amazing stories, but was compromised by the inclusion of a questionable love interest... Sorry Butch...

"I liked you cop. From the moment I met you. No… not the first moment. I wanted to kill you when I first met you. But then I liked you. A lot."
This is a 3.5 Star read, but I'm rounding up to 4 because I still love BDB...

My opinion of Marissa detracted from my enjoyment of this book. I found the relationship between Vishous and Butch far mo
Opening Line:"What if I told you I had a fantasy?"

This is the story of Butch O'Neil The 4th member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood to find love. A former cop, he's been living amongst the Vampire Warriors since stumbling into their secret world back in book 1 (Dark Lover) Unable now to return to his old human life yet not really fitting in with the Brothers either he is a man lost between two worlds. He's also hopelessly in love with a woman far above his station. The beautiful socialite Marissa
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamp-wolf-mystic
4 BUTCH smart-ass, tough-talking, Scotch-sucking STARS

Butch O'Neal
 photo 44cbb42a-ccf0-4ff4-b371-4a34fa1bdcbf_zpsb97defa2.jpg
 photo Beto-Malfacini_09_zpsca85fd48.jpg

photo imagesCAFLGJ8N_zpsd55379ad.jpg
 photo jadore-charlize-theron-3_zpsfb680d1c.jpg

This book concentrates on Butch and Marissa’s relationship.

However to be honest I found the development of his relationship with Vishous to be more exciting than the romance between him and Marissa.
I thought that Lover Revealed was simply lacking in the lovely, heart-stopping scenes that I really love to see, so I found it difficult to really feel their love in the powerful way that I did with the main characters in
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Outstanding Daggers

My love affair with the BDB absolutely keeps getting better and better. After 4 books, I am fully vested with the Brotherhood and can't wait for every book.
 photo tumblr_m7o7imZlUo1qakh43o3_500_zps5cfab5d2.gif

Lover Revealed is about Butch. He is the human that the BDB has taken in from the beginning. There is something special about Butch but no one knows why that is......The 2 quotes below sum up Butch perfectly.

Sometimes fate takes you in fucked up directions.

Still on the outside looking in.

photo butch_zps1535f8bf.jpg
Even though t
Amy (Foxy)
We've met the brotherhood and now it is time to get to know their females.

Cheat sheet for the females :
Beth: is (view spoiler) daughter. She's Wrath's shellan (wife) and is half-breed. She has a pet- kitty named, Boo.

Mary: when she meet Rhage she works at a legal office and volunteers for suicide hotline. She's Rhage's shellan. She has (view spoiler).

Wellsie: is Tohrment's shellan. She has a special place in her heart for John.

Bella: is Mary'
Kate ♥
5 Stars!!!

I absolutely loved this book!! It had great plot development with lots of twists!! Also, the character development from the previous books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series was amazing!

So this book is all about Butch! To be honest...I was not as enthusiastic to read about Butch compared to the other Brothers in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. My impression was that his character was going to be kinda stale. BUT I WAS SOOO WRONG!! Butch's character was developed so beautifully in thi

~ if you wanna kiss the SKY better learn how to kneel boy - stars !!! ❤❤❤❤❤

Wow another great book !!!

I need to feed
On more
True ?!

This book has served it's purpose ! Now my interest is on high alert for Rehvenge's book!!

With his Mohawk and drug-dealing self ! I need to get my hands on him ! STAT!!!!!

Solidified in concrete and everlasting love/lust and all GIRLY PARTS COMBUST ❤❤for Vishous

His book is going to blow me away
Fucking TRUEST of TRUE !!

And John Matthew ❤ my hear
Well colour me surprised! I wasn't too fussed on reading Butch's book, after all he was just a cop and Marissa had come across as rather bland although I did feel for what she went through. Then I started and and couldn't put it down and ended up absolutely falling hook, line and sinker for Butch. He's definitely my favourite so far. Loved him! His snark, dry humour, loyalty and commitment to his new brothers reeled me in.

More surprising, because of where Ward took his story I was actually anxio
Butch O'Neal...5 Stars! Vishous...5 Stars! Marissa...2 Stars! Audiobook Narration...3 Stars! The story...*cringe*...barely 3 stars! JR Ward and her never ending reference to products, tagging items with dollar amounts and pointless narrative...nothing but annoying -3stars!

I so hoped that my Butch would have a stronger female and that his story would have been better, but unfortunately, in my eyes, it didn't play out so well. The overuse of product advertising...the author must have stock in Gre
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm just utterly upset and disappointed.

Butch is one of my favorite characters in this series and I've waited to read his book since he first appeared in the first book. I was so excited to start Lover Revealed. I shipped him and Marissa instantly in book one. Then... I started this book and everything was flat. Butch's character fell flat; I felt he was so out of character. I pretty much disliked Marissa in this book, despite the fact that I used to love her before. She appeared so utterly weak
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward...

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
  • Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“That's you," Wrath said. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer, descended of Wrath son of Wrath."

"But you'll always be Butch to us," Rhage cut in. "As well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass. You know, whatever the situation calls for. I think as long as there's an ASS in there, it'll be accurate."

"How about bASStard?" Z suggested.

"Nice. I feel that.”
“I liked you, cop. From the moment I met you. No… not the first moment. I wanted to kill you when I first met you. But then I liked you. A lot.” 649 likes