Start by marking “Kissing Kelli (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)

Kissing Kelli

(Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy #1)

LARGE PRINT EDITION KISSING KELLI Kathy Carmichael A Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy Rodeo champion and wealthy rancher, Bobby Gray Nelson, is used to women setting out to lasso him. But when he meets feisty Kelli Palmer, she refuses him on every count. He's always up for a challenge and is determined to woo this beautiful veterinarian who he thinks could be his soul mate. Ke ...more
Published March 25th 2011 by Createspace (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Kelli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Kelli

LadyCalico
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Sadly, this was almost a cute book, but it was filled with so many distracting stupidities that it made it impossible to enjoy the story. At one point I checked the number of pages to be sure that it was a short book to be sure that I could dredge up enough perseverance to finish it. It also threw in about every teeth-grinding chick lit cliche that you could think of. Wow, chocolate-eating and shoe-shopping--imagine that, how original! Plus, the sister Lori's selfish jealous behavior rang neithe ...more
Bea  Charmed
**Minor Spoilers**

(view spoiler)
Alice Yeh
May 31, 2011 rated it liked it
In this lighthearted romance, cowboy Bobby Gray Nelson sets out to win the heart of veterinarian Kelli Palmer, a woman with distant ties to royalty and a strong sense of family. Her loyalty to her sister Lori is the wedge that drives these two apart, as Kelli's sister had the dubious privilege of going out with him first. With a motley band of sick animals in tow, however, Bobby Gray is determined to succeed in the end.

This story falls under a category I call "fluff": a quick read that is mild i
Susan
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Kellie has five sisters and her sister Lori is quite a handful with her accusing "Leave my men alone!" dictums. It's not like Kellie did it on purpose. In fact, this last time she was not interested, but this last guy, Bobby Gray, pursued her. To bad it wasn't for the most sincere of purposes.

Ok, so Bobby Gray is friends with Lori and she had invited him to a party just so she wouldn't have to go alone, but that doesn't mean that Lori can call him her boyfriend. Lori was immature and a brat. Alm
Robin Van Auken
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Kelli is keeping her distance from Bobby Gray because he's her sister's boyfriend -- but Bobby Gray says otherwise and her sister won't talk to her long enough to confirm or deny.
The handsome rodeo star pursues the rich, young, aristocratic animal Doc, adopting every kind of sick critter he can scrounge up, hoping to impress her with his compassion.
But his motives are selfish; he's conniving his way into her heart because he wants to impress a banker with a hankering for royalty. If that happen
Kala
Mar 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible. Absolutely unbelievable characters (does Lori have any other line besides "Stop stealing my men!"???????). Stupid plot (and soooooo cliche ridden... daughter of random princess from some made up country + uber rich cowboy billionaire playboy whatever). Instant love for absolutely no reason (Kelli's sister calling them "soulmates" after meeting Bobby Gray ONE time - and NEVER seeing Kelli and Bobby Gray together???). Horrible awful names (Bobby Gray as the male lead? Serio ...more
Andrea Minier
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This is a great story. I can’t wait to read more about all of these sisters. Who doesn’t love a kind hearted animal lovi’ cowboy? You won’t be disappointed by this story.
Cate P
May 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Kelli is a veterinarian in a small town near Dallas, Texas. Bobby Gray is a famous rodeo cowboy and part owner of the Nelson ranch. When Bobby Gray decides to expand the family ranch without consulting his brother, he jumps at the offer from Lori (Kelli's sister) to join in on the family Fourth of July celebration and avoid the wrath of his brother. Bobby Gray takes one look at Kelli and decides he must have her and Kelli takes one look at him and decides to stick with her guns and take a break ...more
Laura Reading
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like most women, I find rodeo stars and cowboys attractive. I am not a buckle bunny by any means, but perhaps if I ever saw Bobby Gray Nelson in person, that might change. I met Charlie's brother in Chasing Charlie where Bobby Gray was being the overly protective brother. This time, Bobby Gray is the one in trouble. Woman trouble.

He thinks he is chasing the beautiful "Dr. Princess" to make an impression on a business associate, but when Dr. Kelli Palmer plays hard to get, and his charm is not en
Lyuba
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a fairly short book and I've read it in one sitting, but let me tell you it grabbed my attention and held on until the last page. It is a very cute book, and the characters are very likable, especially Bobby Gray. He is a hilarious goofy cowboy on a mission, who loves making plans (and writing them out). He is trying to get Kelli to go out with him by finding all these "sick" and sick animals for her to treat because she is a vet and has a very big soft spot for animals. I kept giggling ...more
Aimee
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
What people will do for their family! Kelli is trying not to get caught up in a delicious hunk of a man because her sister, Lori, saw him first. What ensues is then denial that creates a great amount of tension. I'm a romance junkie and I live for that tension!

My first Kathy Carmichael book, I had sat down with the intentions of just reading the first chapter or two and ended up not able to put it down until I had read the entire book. I really liked it. I thought it was well written and the sto
Rhonda
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for this book in the series. I wanted it as soon as I read the first book. Bobby Gray was hilarious. I loved that even though he was a playboy he realized there was something special with Kelli and couldn’t wait to figure it out. He stuck with it even though Kelli was persistent in resisting his charms. Once she figured out she loved him anyway, Kelli gave it up. She just called and told her sister that she loved him and couldn’t help it.

Then, Bobby Gray does the worse t
Lisa Otoupal-Robel
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was a fluffy little book that I enjoyed reading. I think I enjoyed it because the author spent a lot of time on the cowboy, rather than on Kelli. I found her to be ... well, a flake.

I got very upset with her sister, Lori, and even more upset with Kelli for not either blowing off her selfish sister or tackling her to the ground. I didn't like that part of the book.

I thought the part about the boot store was a little contrived. Anyone who lives in Texas knows of or has been to a boot store.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Kissing Kelli is a great book with funny anecdotes and outrageous events. I did find myself irritated with how back and forth Kelli seemed to be when it came to Bobby Gray but her attitude and conflicting feelings toward the rancher makes this novel seem all the more real. Ms. Carmichael has a way of adding humor in places that has you laughing in surprise at the placement of the comedic events. I fell in love with this author when she wrote Hot Flash and while this book is not as humorous, it i ...more
Hope Frost
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
If I could use one word to describe this book, it would be cheesy. The story line was weak (I mean, come on, the little sister has a hissy fit and flies to Germany to avoid her sister.) The romance is non-existent (how can someone love someone else off of a few non-dates and ONE kiss?) The family dynamics is just plain crazy, the level of money these families throw around is ridiculous. I was put off by the cover, was even higher on the cheesy scale, but tried to live by the "don't judge a book ...more
Englishrose
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a cute book. The characters, although not terribly deep, are good and fun. You can't get too complicated in shorter books, so I thought it was good for it's length. I thought that Kelli and Bobby Gray interacted well with each other. They are adorable together and are a good match for the other. Though their falling in love is kinda quick, it's very sweet. The lengths Bobby Gray is willing to go is really kind of silly, but it's still romantic. There are some very fun playing ...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading Hot Flash from Kathy Carmichael I was really excited to find that I retrieved another "free" book on the kindle. Sibling rivalry has always been big in my family and as the one with the jealous sister I found myself reliving Kelli's life. I thought this book was another great book and it was a quick and easy read. I thought it was charming and would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance in the country.

What I did not get was the whole princess thing it w
Emily Lund
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Firstly I received this novel free from Goodreads First Reads. The listing for this book was romantic comedy I had a hard time finding it that way, occasionally I found myself chuckling but nothing more, it was too tame. The story is a cute romantic story although I did not understand Bobby Gray's connection with Kelli so instantaneously, maybe I missed something vital it just seem unrealistic to me, or perhaps the story is lacking detail. Overall it was a cute story, an easy read.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Lighthearted romance, Kelli is a Palmer who is from an affluent family. She's not sure she trust men anymore and really relies on her sisters. A veterinarian with a heart of gold. In comes Bobby Gray who just stuck his foot in it with his brother, however he is friends with Kelli's sister Lori even once going out on a date. This has a great plot, however I felt the need to smack Lori repeatedly.
Yodamom
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, kindle
Sweet, predictable, country romance. One reich cowboy meets one hot Vet. They tousle over almost everything. She is shy, from battle wounds of previous boyfriends. He is a rodeo ridding womanizer, who can smile his way through everyone, well almost everyone. There is some awesome, rescuing going on, with some critters that will warm any heart.
Overall it was a cute, short love story.
Holly
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
This was cute but needed more. There just wasnt really a relationship between them, they didnt really know each other at all. And the stupid sister Lori is a horrid person, could not stand her and the catering to her. It was ok, a few parts that actually did make me laugh and smile, but overall unfortunately lacking.
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It was cute, it was sweet, it was clean, and for me, it was free. That said, there wasn't much to the story or the characters. Even for romantic escapism I felt the relationship between Bobby Gray and Kelli moved way too fast. It was barely two weeks from their meeting for the first time to their engagement and they spent very little of that time together.
Elaine
I like the book's cover!

Much repetition among these pages. I'm wondering about that metal wall bracket that tore a hole through Bobby Gray's boot; Perhaps a bracket sharp enough to tear a hole through leather shouldn't be installed on a wall? Just a thought...

Another romance with the required dead parent(s). Is there nothing new under the sun?
Judy Wise
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a cute relaxing story this was. Kelli falls for her sister date and then the sparks begin. I won't give away the rest of the story except to say I enjoyed this one very much, it was different and I like that
Shannon Baas
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. It takes place in Texas and is about Bobby Gray pursuing Kelli, who wants nothingt to do with him because her sister liked him first. It goes through what Bobby Gray goes through to win her. I would definitely recommend it.
Freya
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
So-so... It didn't really make an impression but was a quick read.
Chris Meikle
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Rich cowboy falls in love with rich vet who is hard to get. Sweet love story with some fun humor. Easy read and light but a cute story. Makes you want a cute cowboy.
Sharon M
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a nice read but I would have loved more drama to keep the momentum. The entire book seems to revolve around Bobby Gray and Kelli with bits of information on Lori, here and there.
Stephanie Bolen
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
The author tried for an irreverant feel, but it fell short of Lass Small and rang more like a MaryJanise Davidson.
Lenore Kosinski
Cute little read! Enjoyed the main characters....just wasn't as big into the writing style...can't quite pinpoint it, just occasionally had more detail than was necessary (IMO anyways).
  • Touched By Angels (Touched By Angels, #1)
  • Colby's Child
  • A Marriage of Convenience  (Western Lovers: Hitched in Haste, #7)
  • Mr. Right For The Night
  • Rescue Me
  • Bridleton
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder (Second Chances)
  • Maddy's Oasis
  • Restoring Hope (Native American Romance, #1)
  • Here to Stay
  • Forgotten Father
  • Hawks Mountain
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • Sweet Ophelia
  • The Impostor Bride (Dangerous Masquerade Collection, #3)
  • Wild Mustang Man
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author, Kathy Carmichael, writes mysteries, women's fiction and romance. Her romantic comedy, HOT FLASH, was named by the American Library Association's BOOKLIST as one of the Top 101 Romance Fiction titles of the last ten years. Her first mystery novel, DIARY OF A CONFESSIONS QUEEN, received a starred review from BOOKLIST.

She lives on Florida's west coast,

Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy (2 books)
  • Stuck on You