Start by marking “Back to Jerusalem: Three Chinese House Church Leaders Share Their Vision to Complete the Great Commission” as Want to Read:

Napoleon once said "When China is moved it will change the face of the globe." Today those words are becoming a reality through the powerful spiritual vision of the Chinese church to send 100,000 missionaries across China's borders to complete the Great Commission, even in this generation. Here Brother Yun, Peter Xu Yongze, and Enoch Wang, three Chinese house church ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Gabriel Publishing (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Back to Jerusalem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to Jerusalem

Start your review of Back to Jerusalem: Three Chinese House Church Leaders Share Their Vision to Complete the Great Commission
Natalie Vellacott
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book made me sad.

It begins with a history of the Chinese church. The suggestion throughout is that God is behind the persecution in China to refine the Christians and make them more holy/committed. They state that Satan is not responsible for the persecution. I find it difficult to believe that God would be persecuting his own people in order to make them more like Jesus. This isn't the same as disciplining His children, we are talking about torture and murder....There is no doubt that
Mindee Berkman
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was inspired and convicted by this book. I am one of those comfortable western Christians who has no idea what it means to give up all and follow Christ. I am grateful for this book. It destroyed me in so many ways. A must read.
Clara Roberts
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to put down. It was a Chinese version of a command to do missions. Among the many quotes are "History shows that when people become isolated and inbred they get genetic defects and grow weak. The same applies to the Church". "When we serve God it's important to concentrate on His character and our obedience to His leading." "When you seek to bring blessings to others, your own lives will be blessed" "The Christian life is one of action for Jesus, not inaction" "There are more ...more
Feb 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i picked up this book right after my brother returned from his missions trip in China back in summer of '07. the testimonies contained in this book left me mournful yet uplifted. it has allowed me to reflect back on my lack of spiritual life. this book has also reaffirmed the truth in the book of Revelations for me.
Tommy Barrow
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, inspiring, convicting book.

Mainly firsthand accounts told by 3 different house church leaders in the 1900s in China. Highlights include details on the first missionaries sent from China pre-communism, a behind the scenes look at the re-unification of the house church congregations, and numerous stories of the faithfulness of God in the midst of sad and painful persecution.

If you are interested in missions, China, the Great Commission, unreached people groups, the 10/40 window, or the
Stan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This read will go down in history as the most transformative one for me in December 2019! This book is the amazing story of what God is doing in the hearts of believers in China--though it really shouldn't be amazing because it is what God has been doing in the hearts of true believers throughout history. But this book really helped me see the stagnant state of my own heart! This is one of those books I had dreams about during the time I was reading it. I pray that I would allow God to work the ...more
Damon Barnhurst
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting perspective from Chinese Christians. Yes, I can use those two words in the same sentence. There are many Christians living in China and trying to practice their religion. The government cracks down on Christianity but many are still defenders of the faith, even at the cost of persecution and long prison sentences. A couple interesting ideas from this book... the leaders of the congregations said they did not want issues with denomination power struggles. But without a ...more
Dorothy Grace Barrow
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is so much we can learn from the church in Asia about what it means to follow Jesus
Jan Norton
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This is interesting insight into the working of this movement.
Alan
May 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book because I found it completely repetitive to The Heavenly Man, which was far more interesting a story. This book provided the same information without the storyline to keep me interested.
Linda
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
The Communists taking over actually helped pave the way for the spread of Christianity. It forced them to have one major language instead of many different dialects, developed a better road system, and other things that helped spread Christianity. Many more interesting facts.
Carrie
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great read about the Chinese church's vision to carry to gospel to the remaining unreached people groups around the world. I'd recommend this book to people to encourage them to trust God for big things and that we could possibly see the Great Commission fulfilled in our lifetime.
Caitlin Gendur
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for my World Missions class, and it absolutely blew me away. It gave me an idea of how the Church in China is doing, and how God is working. The authors have been through a lot and share the depths of their hearts. Encouraged immensly.
Anna
Oct 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this book left me stunned, tearful and disturbed by the complacency of my own spiritual life. The book also introduced me to a missionary movement that I previously knew nothing about.
Gavin Breeden
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Stories from the underground church in China. There are lots of charismatic things in the book, including the claim that a person was raised from the dead at one of their meetings. Regardless, their zeal for Christ and missions is encouraging and contagious.
Samuel Rood
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazing things are happening as God's Spirit is moving God's people. A key piece to what God is doing today.
Karen Linton
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Should be required reading for every person who names the name of Christ.
Ann Nathalie
Feb 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Anne Boleyn: One Short Life That Changed the English-Speaking World
  • God's Warrior
  • Out of the Silent Planet (The Space Trilogy, #1)
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • Unsettling Truths: The Ongoing, Dehumanizing Legacy of the Doctrine of Discovery
  • David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
  • The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
  • God and Evil: The Problem Solved (Trinity Paper No. 46)
  • Foundation and Empire (Foundation #2)
  • Born Again
  • Will you be my Facebook Friend?
  • Boneman's Daughters
  • Brahmin Reborn
  • The Poverty of Nations: A Sustainable Solution
  • Winter in Madrid
  • True Devotion (Uncommon Heroes, #1)
  • John Newton: From Disgrace to Amazing Grace