Start by marking “Back to Jerusalem: Three Chinese House Church Leaders Share Their Vision to Complete the Great Commission” as Want to Read:

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Napoleon once said "When China is moved it will change the face of the globe." Today those words are becoming a reality through the powerful spiritual vision of the Chinese church to send 100,000 missionaries across China's borders to complete the Great Commission, even in this generation. Here Brother Yun, Peter Xu Yongze, and Enoch Wang, three Chinese house church leader ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Gabriel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Back to Jerusalem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to Jerusalem

Mindee Berkman
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was inspired and convicted by this book. I am one of those comfortable western Christians who has no idea what it means to give up all and follow Christ. I am grateful for this book. It destroyed me in so many ways. A must read.
Clara Roberts
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to put down. It was a Chinese version of a command to do missions. Among the many quotes are "History shows that when people become isolated and inbred they get genetic defects and grow weak. The same applies to the Church". "When we serve God it's important to concentrate on His character and our obedience to His leading." "When you seek to bring blessings to others, your own lives will be blessed" "The Christian life is one of action for Jesus, not inaction" "There are more ...more
Feb 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i picked up this book right after my brother returned from his missions trip in China back in summer of '07. the testimonies contained in this book left me mournful yet uplifted. it has allowed me to reflect back on my lack of spiritual life. this book has also reaffirmed the truth in the book of Revelations for me.
Alan
May 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book because I found it completely repetitive to The Heavenly Man, which was far more interesting a story. This book provided the same information without the storyline to keep me interested.
Linda
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
The Communists taking over actually helped pave the way for the spread of Christianity. It forced them to have one major language instead of many different dialects, developed a better road system, and other things that helped spread Christianity. Many more interesting facts.
Carrie
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great read about the Chinese church's vision to carry to gospel to the remaining unreached people groups around the world. I'd recommend this book to people to encourage them to trust God for big things and that we could possibly see the Great Commission fulfilled in our lifetime.
Caitlin Gendur
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for my World Missions class, and it absolutely blew me away. It gave me an idea of how the Church in China is doing, and how God is working. The authors have been through a lot and share the depths of their hearts. Encouraged immensly.
Anna
Oct 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this book left me stunned, tearful and disturbed by the complacency of my own spiritual life. The book also introduced me to a missionary movement that I previously knew nothing about.
Gavin Breeden
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Stories from the underground church in China. There are lots of charismatic things in the book, including the claim that a person was raised from the dead at one of their meetings. Regardless, their zeal for Christ and missions is encouraging and contagious.
Samuel Rood
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazing things are happening as God's Spirit is moving God's people. A key piece to what God is doing today.
Karen Linton
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Should be required reading for every person who names the name of Christ.
Emanuel
  • The Narrow Road: Stories of Those Who Walk This Road Together
  • Things as They Are: Mission Work in Southern India
  • Mission Possible: The Story of a Wycliffe Missionary
  • Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt
  • Following Jesus Through the Eye of the Needle: Living Fully, Loving Dangerously
  • Theres a Sheep in My Bathtub: Birth of a Mongolian Church Planting Movement
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: Reader
  • The Poor Will Be Glad: Joining the Revolution to Lift the World Out of Poverty
  • John G. Paton: Missionary to the New Hebrides