Start by marking “Miaou! le printemps!” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Miaou! le printemps!
Eugenie Fernandes

Miaou! le printemps! (Kitten #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
It's a bright spring day in the farmyard and Kitten is meeting all sorts of animals and their young, including frogs and tadpoles, owls and owlets and many more. In this first book in the Kitten series, rhyming couplets capture the animals' sounds and actions, making it a fantastic interactive read-aloud. Young readers will enjoy mimicking animal sounds, picking out season ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Éditions Scholastic (first published February 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Miaou! le printemps!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miaou! le printemps!

Adorable! Here is the story of a cute and curious kitten and its wanderings on a spring day on small country farm where it encounters a variety of both domestic and wild moms and their babies, like a frog and tadpole, pig and piglet, and duck and duckling. The rhyming text is sparse but descriptive and engaging and combined with the vibrant, humorous, detailed and darling illustrations, had me smiling on this spring morning. The illustrations include clay figures (such as the kitten on the cover ...more
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I don't handle the children's books as much as I used to but as I unpacked a shipment of new books this one caught my eye and I had to read it through. We follow a kitten exploring nature on a farm through absolutely wonderful collage-style pictures. The author/artist has created such rich detail and vivid action in her clay renderings of various farm and wild animals, birds, insects, pond life and plants. The colors are wonderful and realistic and while the text is minimal there is so much to ...more
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mackers, easy-reading
An adorable kitten takes the reader on a stroll through the farm on a lovely spring day. The language is simple consisting of 2 word sentences (noun and verb). Eugenie Fernandes uses mixed media to create vibrant illustrations.
Eileen Carter
This is a great interactive book for children. It has bright colorful pictures to keep their attention. It has many objects on the pages for them to search for and to discuss. Children of all ages will enjoy reading the adventures of this cute little kitten in the spring.
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytime
Fun for storytime. I put out a puppet for each animal and by the end we had a huge pile of animals.
Sara Jones
This is a cute book, published in 2010, that follows kitten around the farm, where she encounters a variety of animals. Apparently, this is one of a four part series, each with the same plot, but set in different seasons. The illustrations done by Eugenie Fernandes, who is also the book's author, are really fun to explore. They are mixed-media with a collage feel about them and you won't notice some neat details if you flip through too quickly. The soft rhyming of the words make it a good book t ...more
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is a cute and simple book that takes us on a journey with kitten through the outside world. We go along as she observes, both through sight and sound, the wonders of nature. The artwork in this book is what really makes it unique. It is a combination of self-hardening clay, acrylic paint, and mixed media-collage. Very interesting and unique.
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Kitten returns to give readers a sense of what spring looks and sounds like on a farm. This is a beautifully illustrated book using clay, acrylic paint and mixed media collage. This is a great book to use with toddlers for storytime as long as the group is a reasonably sized bunch.
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple, poetic text, accompanied by charming mixed-media illustrations that seem to pop out of the pages tell of the discoveries Kitten makes around the farm and countryside as he/she ventures out on a beautiful spring day.
Lots of cute baby animals and their moms.
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, cute book about a kitten experiencing all the sights and sounds of spring. This made me want to read the other Kitten books. A good one for toddlers.
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We live looking at the pictures in this book! It is nice to see some different medium used for the pictures and collages. Cute story, the illustrations are definitely the best part of this book. :-)
Super simple text, parent and baby animals. Rhymes. Ok for Story Time. Bright, flat colors with objects in relief.
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks, cats
Simple rhyme with gorgeous illustrations made of self-hardening clay, acrylic paint and mixed-media collage.
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet pics and nice, simple words - perfect for little, little ones.
All the seasons are included in this series that Anthony loves. It's a fun to read poem and teaches about the seasons.
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Simple Easy reader, but I gave it 4 stars because I LOVE the art work! Very 3 dimensional with lots of texture! Great!
Agent Smith